collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by ChicagoLion
[Today at 03:37:40 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by chrisw1
[Today at 03:32:08 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Hookeysmith
[Today at 03:08:36 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Hookeysmith
[Today at 03:04:08 PM]

NSWE Investment by The Edge
[Today at 02:33:46 PM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by chrisw1
[Today at 02:25:44 PM]

Diego Carlos by Demitri_C
[Today at 02:25:16 PM]

Pre-season 2024/25 by Somniloquism
[Today at 01:40:42 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Small time Villa  (Read 4648 times)

Online Chico Hamilton III

Re: Small time Villa
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2013, 11:00:31 AM »
Spurs weren't selling alcohol at half time this season. Just as well cos I was so pissed I'd have probbly fell asleep and pissed myself in the second half.

And just paid £35 for Arsenal tickets. 

Offline AlwaysAVFC

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2013, 11:03:38 AM »
Out of interest, why don't we serve beer to away fans? It's rare that you go to an away ground and can't get a beer if you want one.

Probably down to the council.

Is it all games or just certain ones?

Offline pbavfckuwait

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2013, 12:14:25 PM »
Away Supporters coming next season will think its great compared to where they normally go to.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2013, 12:15:43 PM »
Out of interest, why don't we serve beer to away fans? It's rare that you go to an away ground and can't get a beer if you want one.

Probably down to the council.

Is it all games or just certain ones?

I don't know, and I'm only guessing that this is the reason at all but Birmingham licencing magistrates have always been a law unto themselves,. 

Offline astonvillan

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2013, 12:37:45 PM »

Our football liaison officer was explaining this the other week. Apparently it's too tight in the upper tier of the away end to sell alcohol, so when an away team has both tiers, no alcohol is served in either tier to ensure fairness. However when a club like Wigan, Stoke, Reading, etc. have just the lower tier, beer is served.

Offline myf

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2013, 12:44:07 PM »
I love Aston Villa but there are things the club do in our name that theres no need of and I wish we wouldnt because we're a club with a heritage to be proud of that regardless of our current standing should be doing things the right way. We fleece the opposition fans for as much money as we can possibly get from them, I understand these days that making maximum profit is seen as something to be applauded but I dont like it when it happens to me and its a shame we do it to others. After taking their money the club do their best to pretend there are no opposition fans in the ground. We only announce the Villa team at kick off, we only replay highlights of our own chances on the big screens and we refuse to serve them beer. Theres no need for the club to take the piss out of our visitors , the lower north are there to do that. If the club want to recieve the respect our history deserves we should start by showing others some.

These things are the least of my worries with the villa at them moment

Offline Summers

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2013, 01:40:11 PM »
Having our fans behind both goals is much wiser than having away fans behind one.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2013, 02:05:00 PM »
I have season tickets for myself and my son in the North stand lower. The one thing I would like to see change is the fact that I have to file out after practically every game whilst the away fans celebrate/take the piss. I think I'm right in saying we won three home PL games in 2012. Don't feel sorry for the away fans, they always seem very happy from where I sit.

Offline garyfouroaks

« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2013, 02:17:34 PM »
Having our fans behind both goals is much wiser than having away fans behind one.

So that we can abuse the team from both ends?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal