collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Small time Villa  (Read 4647 times)

Offline bones.

• GM : 28.01.2020
Small time Villa
« on: January 24, 2013, 06:06:37 AM »
 I love Aston Villa but there are things the club do in our name that theres no need of and I wish we wouldnt because we're a club with a heritage to be proud of that regardless of our current standing should be doing things the right way. We fleece the opposition fans for as much money as we can possibly get from them, I understand these days that making maximum profit is seen as something to be applauded but I dont like it when it happens to me and its a shame we do it to others. After taking their money the club do their best to pretend there are no opposition fans in the ground. We only announce the Villa team at kick off, we only replay highlights of our own chances on the big screens and we refuse to serve them beer. Theres no need for the club to take the piss out of our visitors , the lower north are there to do that. If the club want to recieve the respect our history deserves we should start by showing others some.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
Re: Small time Villa
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 07:20:48 AM »
The only thing I agree with you on is the ticket prices. I hate the way we rip off away fans. It's sly and downright mean. Couldn't care less about the rest. Honestly, does it really matter that we don't show replays of the away team's chances?

Offline willywombat

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 07:26:48 AM »
The only thing I agree with you on is the ticket prices. I hate the way we rip off away fans. It's sly and downright mean. Couldn't care less about the rest. Honestly, does it really matter that we don't show replays of the away team's chances?

I agree although it's a bit of a poor show that they cant get a beer in the ground

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 08:12:06 AM »
I love Aston Villa but there are things the club do in our name that theres no need of and I wish we wouldnt because we're a club with a heritage to be proud of that regardless of our current standing should be doing things the right way. We fleece the opposition fans for as much money as we can possibly get from them, I understand these days that making maximum profit is seen as something to be applauded but I dont like it when it happens to me and its a shame we do it to others. After taking their money the club do their best to pretend there are no opposition fans in the ground. We only announce the Villa team at kick off, we only replay highlights of our own chances on the big screens and we refuse to serve them beer. Theres no need for the club to take the piss out of our visitors , the lower north are there to do that. If the club want to recieve the respect our history deserves we should start by showing others some.

In other words, Villa act no differently to the majority of other clubs.

The opposition team is announced twice before each home game

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 08:24:32 AM »
I don't like the away fans are shunted into a corner at our's and other grounds. I prefered having home fans at one end and away fans at the other, it helps with the atmosphere. MON did it with us and and at Sunderland.

Anyway, it shouldn't be us and them except for the 90 minutes, decent prices treatment and facilities should be the norm for all entering the ground.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 08:28:41 AM »
I don't like the away fans are shunted into a corner at our's and other grounds. I prefered having home fans at one end and away fans at the other, it helps with the atmosphere. MON did it with us and and at Sunderland.

Anyway, it shouldn't be us and them except for the 90 minutes, decent prices treatment and facilities should be the norm for all entering the ground.

Moving the fans was designed to provide some sort of home advantage; not a bad thing to do, really, even if it hasn't actually helped us much.
Not serving beer is presumably something done to keep the chances of over-excitment amongst away fans down, particularly since some of them will have been beering up en route anyway.
We do read the away team line-up out before games.

I don't agree with the OP that these examples make us "small-time".

Offline villasjf

• GM : Sep, 10
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 08:37:16 AM »
How can the club be small time they gave us a nice warm scarf in the summer of change and a nice flag the other night.  ;)

Offline rutski

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2013, 09:13:33 AM »
not content to moan about what our club does to our fans we now want to moan at what the club does to the away fans. Unbelievable. i am sure there are a few more tales of being treated shabbily at away grounds with morepressing matters of whether we read their frigging team out or show their replays on the screen. you are just slagging the club off now for the sake of it!

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2013, 09:45:45 AM »
Agree with you completely bones. Arsenal are a great example as they do all of those things EXCEPT they ruin it with their ticket prices.

The other thing  I thought was small time -the flags  issued on Tuesday. Understood  that against Ajax and CSKA but not when playing Bradford in a domestic cup game.

Offline rutski

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2013, 10:23:23 AM »
Agree with you completely bones. Arsenal are a great example as they do all of those things EXCEPT they ruin it with their ticket prices.

The other thing  I thought was small time -the flags  issued on Tuesday. Understood  that against Ajax and CSKA but not when playing Bradford in a domestic cup game.
and they made them walk up the steps to their seats where as in the trinity they have lifts! small time wankers, god they embarrass me

Offline danlanza

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2013, 10:30:28 AM »
We can never be described as small time. We are just all pissed of and i think we are just venting some anger and frustration at our club, some justified some not. We will never be small time.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2013, 10:31:08 AM »
Out of interest, why don't we serve beer to away fans? It's rare that you go to an away ground and can't get a beer if you want one.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2013, 10:42:03 AM »
yeah you're right Clampy, sell them beer and charge them £6 a shot :)

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2013, 10:47:35 AM »
yeah you're right Clampy, sell them beer and charge them £6 a shot :)

Mind you, i don't think i've ever had a decent beer at a ground yet. The one at Swansea the other week was bloody awful.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2013, 10:49:18 AM »
Out of interest, why don't we serve beer to away fans? It's rare that you go to an away ground and can't get a beer if you want one.

Probably down to the council.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal