collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Why are the board and manager getting off lightly?  (Read 10034 times)

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
Re: Why are the board and manager getting off lightly?
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2013, 01:19:02 PM »
Lerner was a god after his first 2 years in charge, how things quickly turn around.

As quick as our journey from champions league to relegation candidates.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2013, 01:20:12 PM »
AVFC1966 PLEASE DO NOT SHOUT
I'LL SHOUT AS MUCH AS I LIKE I WILL NOT SEE SOME AMERICAN WHO KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT FOOTBALL KILL OUR CLUB.

You might want to check the forum rules.

Offline garyfouroaks

« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2013, 02:21:15 PM »
I'LL SHOUT AS MUCH AS I LIKE I WILL NOT SEE SOME AMERICAN WHO KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT FOOTBALL KILL OUR CLUB.

Lerner is our owner, not "some American". He did not arrive as a football expert, but as a man with some cash which he duly put into the club.

He can be critisised for not recruiting sufficient football knowledge onto the Board and into the club. But crude xenophobia is uncalled for.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2013, 02:56:18 PM »

Lerner is our owner, not "some American". He did not arrive as a football expert, but as a man with some cash which he duly put into the club.

He can be critisised for not recruiting sufficient football knowledge onto the Board and into the club. But crude xenophobia is uncalled for.

Agreed there is no place for that language

I was less than endeared to the last but one manager hailing from across the Channel though that had nothing to do with his country of origin just the many professional and personal attributes that used to wind me up related to his approach to Villa.

Offline David_Nab

• GM : 24.12.2015
« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2013, 03:06:32 PM »
Yeah no need to make derogatory comments about Americans *cough * Married to one *cough* 8)

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2013, 09:30:49 PM »

So you think writing in capital letters on an internet forum will help?

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2013, 10:41:37 PM »
The problem is Randy was the savior after Doug ,Lambert the savior after TSM and both have failed.

So after calling for change which we got the change is no better or in some ways worse than before so what to we call for now.I think the fans have just lost the fight as much as the players now

Totally agree with this.

The people they succeded is the main reason why both are getting off lightly at home games although I suspect that will change if we lose at Millwall and then are losing at home to Newcastle.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal