collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Why are the board and manager getting off lightly?  (Read 10036 times)

Offline NeilH

Re: Why are the board and manager getting off lightly?
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2013, 10:45:30 AM »
Let’s be clear about this, when we protested against Doug it got us absolutely nowhere. Sure we all got to vent spleen, let off some pent up energy, but ultimately it was worthless. Doug did what he wanted and sold the club at the moment of his choosing and not ours. I honestly don’t think that any of us involved in things like AVISA and AVST have any particular desire for another fight with the board of Aston Villa, especially given that this time there’s not even a shareholders’ meeting to vent spleen.
Let’s face facts. We can gather the troops and march down the Trinity Rd once more screaming and shouting but it would be like shouting in an empty room, pointless and worthless.

We are back in the situation we were in when Doug sold us; we have delayed it for a bit, that’s all. We will get relegated and we will simply have to regroup, adapt, learn from our mistakes and come back stronger and a little wiser. No amount of protesting is going to change or alter this. As supporters, all we can do is support and hopefully the rebirth won’t last too long.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2013, 10:46:16 AM »
You would think in this day and age they can tell how many people are in attendance.

Of course they can. but that's not the figure that is given. Whether or not people turn up is up to them, but if their seat is sold, it is sold.

That would be funny if there was a complete boycott.  The announcer saying that today's crowd is 20,000, thank you for your support!

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2013, 10:46:20 AM »
AVFC1966 PLEASE DO NOT SHOUT

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2013, 10:53:53 AM »
Randy is getting off lightly because he is holed up in Castle Duckula across the Atlantic

Offline NeilH

« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2013, 10:55:53 AM »
Randy is getting off lightly because he is holed up in Castle Duckula across the Atlantic

I doubt very much that were he even at VP every week, there would be much in the way of protesting against him.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2013, 11:05:39 AM »
Do you think we are actually planning for relegation now?  Not buying players would indicate this to me.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2013, 11:08:07 AM »
If you plan for relegation when you're not in the drop zone in January, you should be ashamed.

Offline peter w

« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2013, 11:14:35 AM »
After two and a half years of anger and annoyance its now an apathetic acceptance of our relegation.

Offline Barfluer

« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2013, 11:24:37 AM »
I see from todays Birmingham Post that following his sale of the Cleveland Browns, Randy Lerner is now worth £1.1 billion, you would think that he could let Lambert have a few million to buy some experienced players wouldn't you?

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2013, 11:27:11 AM »
I am breaking my exile.

I just want to say that Lerner and Faulkner have been given a very generous blank cheque by supporters for the past twelve to eighteen months.

In that time they have been given the benefit of the doubt and right now they are giving it back to the supporters with both barrels. They are destrouing the club.

Offline DerHammer

« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2013, 11:39:25 AM »
Do you think we are actually planning for relegation now?  Not buying players would indicate this to me.

Thing is, you don't plan for relegation. It's not a goal that would be set at the beginning of the season & it's not a goal that should be set now. You plan for survival & if this is the dipshit mentality of our board then they need to be lined up & shot because they really are fucking idiots.

Offline neo_Villan

« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2013, 11:42:28 AM »
If you plan for relegation when you're not in the drop zone in January, you should be ashamed.
This.

Offline Summers

« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2013, 11:42:32 AM »
We can shout as loudly as we want at Randy, he wont hear us over in America.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2013, 12:06:58 PM »
We can shout as loudly as we want at Randy, he wont hear us over in America.

He sits in a soundproofed decontamination chamber wearing his Browns shirt, there could be a riot going on outside his lair and he wouldn't know any different.

Offline avfc1966

• WHY oh WHY!!
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2013, 01:15:50 PM »
AVFC1966 PLEASE DO NOT SHOUT
I'LL SHOUT AS MUCH AS I LIKE I WILL NOT SEE SOME AMERICAN WHO KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT FOOTBALL KILL OUR CLUB.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal