collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Why are the board and manager getting off lightly?  (Read 10017 times)

Offline Holte132

Re: Why are the board and manager getting off lightly?
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2013, 08:40:03 AM »
They would still say there were 32000 there if it was empty. There have been a few shockingly low crowds this season but 32k comes on the screen.
[/quote]

The "crowd" at PL matches is always calculated as tickets sold, not bodies through turnstiles, so even an empty ground would show as having a crowd of however many season ticket holders there are.

Online N'ZMAV

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2013, 08:41:02 AM »
Lerner was a god after his first 2 years in charge, how things quickly turn around.

Offline frank black

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2013, 08:45:21 AM »
It's because it is death by a thousand lashes, slow gradual decline. With our expectations constantly being managed from the hierarchy. Lots of sell to buy leaked stories, we have no new funds etc etc

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2013, 08:50:52 AM »
The argument that there's no point in voicing our displeasure because Lerner is never at Villa Park is a bit flimsy. This is the 21st century. We have televisions, satellites, radio stations, newspapers and the Internet now. If you can start a revolution in Egypt on Twitter, you can get a message to a dim-witted tattooed billionaire hermit in America.

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2013, 08:57:01 AM »
We may get a subliminal message from the General to calm our nerves.

Online rob_bridge

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2013, 08:58:56 AM »
Lerner owns the club all of it so can do what he likes - and he is never here anyway. Unless we do a Wimbledon 10 years ago and form our own club then there is no point. And we won't - see references to apathy.

Lambert - well he has taken some stick but is he the root cause of the problem or is he the symptom. If we had had OGS or Martinez or Poyet as manager instead of Lambert would we be any better off? Dunno the underlying problems would still be there.

Certainly there should be a lot of ire directed at the senior players who haven't performed, aren't performing and who don't want to perform - a certain shaved head midfielder leaps straight to mind. He is not alone.

That leaves what I deem to be the real cancer at the heart of the club - it is no coincidence since a certain person was made CEO catastrostrophic non thinking football decisions have been made time and time again.

Faulkwit should not be in the employment of Aston Villa - he is a credit card marketing person and is to put it mildly fucking way out of his depth.

Offline DerHammer

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2013, 09:04:10 AM »
After Tuesday nights match I was calling for Lamberts head. Truth is, the buck stops with Randy, this is all on his shoulders & he's damn well got to do something about it!! Lambert can only deal with what he's got, his hands are tied (although some tactical stupidity hasn't helped lately).

With Lambert, I can see what he's trying to do & sometimes it really works. However, chopping & changing formations every 5 minutes isn't helping.

Now Randy, the guy is a billionaire & to say that the books still need balancing is beyond a joke. Compared to many others in the EPL, I would say we are financially sound. Maybe he's cautious after MON but MON wasn't the right guy to give the cash to, Lambert is. He has one week to save us, if he can't then he's the one that MUST go.

Offline neo_Villan

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2013, 09:07:27 AM »
I don't think the board/owner are getting off lightly these days. I think most fans now accept that they are running the club far below an acceptable standard. As for the manager, many seem to be giving him an easy ride for two reasons: A) He isn't McLeish and B) He was lots of fan's choice to become manager. So they don't want to be proved wrong.                                     

Offline prmort

« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2013, 09:16:08 AM »
people don't like shouting Randy

Rudolph the absentee owner
Used to come and watch us play
But now he can’t be bothered
He should really go away….

Paul Faulkner is a moron
Doesn’t know the time of day
He’s just a mate of Rudolph’s
Walks round saying yes all day

Paul Lambert was our first choice
We all thought of him as good
But he’s now built a worse team
With a back four made of wood.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2013, 09:18:42 AM »
As I've said on another thread it's the lack of communication that is almost worse than anything. There doesn't appear to be any plan to sort us out, our owner and board are up there with the worst in the league.

Offline avfc1966

• WHY oh WHY!!
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2013, 10:31:18 AM »
YOU ALL KNOW WHAT TO DO AT THE NEWCASTLE GAME. STOP BEING FICKLE FANS STAND UP AND BE COUNTED IM SURE LERNER WILL BE WATCHING SOMEWHERE IN THE WORLD.

WIN LOSE DRAW HE STILL NEEDS A ROCKET UP HIS ARSE ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!

SHOULD HE STAY OR SHOULD HE GO .

Offline ez

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2013, 10:34:18 AM »
They would still say there were 32000 there if it was empty. There have been a few shockingly low crowds this season but 32k comes on the screen.

The "crowd" at PL matches is always calculated as tickets sold, not bodies through turnstiles, so even an empty ground would show as having a crowd of however many season ticket holders there are.
[/quote]
You would think in this day and age they can tell how many people are in attendance.

Offline David_Nab

• GM : 24.12.2015
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2013, 10:36:49 AM »
The problem is Randy was the savior after Doug ,Lambert the savior after TSM and both have failed.

So after calling for change which we got the change is no better or in some ways worse than before so what to we call for now.I think the fans have just lost the fight as much as the players now

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2013, 10:38:05 AM »
You would think in this day and age they can tell how many people are in attendance.

Of course they can. but that's not the figure that is given. Whether or not people turn up is up to them, but if their seat is sold, it is sold.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2013, 10:45:24 AM »
I think last season has taught us that the board do not act, If they do sack Lambert (and I doubt it) it will be at the end of the season.  For me personally im fucking pissed off with the board I've said numerous times sacking Lambert will be futile as the next man won't get backed, they may as well let him finish the terrible job

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal