collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Hoof-ball  (Read 5060 times)

Offline royvilla949

Re: Hoof-ball
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2013, 05:50:37 PM »
i have said this before the players pl has bought are not good enough for the prem you cant tell me benett is a better player than warnock

Offline Zakk Fatt

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2013, 06:20:03 PM »
I agree Warnock is better right now but Bennett has potential, a lot of them have potential but potential won't keep us up.

Is it the players or the manager at fault here?

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2013, 06:25:15 PM »
The hoof ball only started when Lambert buggered up our formation and tactics by replacing the midfield with strikers.  It's like an 8 year old playing Championship Manager (or whatever it's called these days) with the logic being as simple as 'more strikers = more goals'.

I've been frankly astounded by Lambert's apparent lack of tactical knowledge.  I expected much more from someone with a Champions League Winners medal. 

Despite going a goal down last night if we'd kept our shape and style of play we'd have won that game by enough to make the final.  I have no doubt about that based on the crazy number of chances we had first half.  Instead. panic set in, from the manager through to the players, and the result was 40 minutes of long ball.

Offline neo_Villan

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2013, 06:41:49 PM »
I've been frankly astounded by Lambert's apparent lack of tactical knowledge.  I expected much more from someone with a Champions League Winners medal. 
I expected more from someone who got his coaching badges in Germany.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2013, 06:49:08 PM »
Spot on, Ad@m.

I had such high hopes of Lambert on the tactical front but am now starting to think he's no better than a pub team manager.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2013, 06:50:03 PM »
I expected more from someone who got his coaching badges in Germany.

I'd expect more from anyone over the age of 10 who's ever watched football.

Offline neo_Villan

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2013, 09:14:29 AM »
Even with Benteke out of the line-up, we still resort to a long-game. I guess this type of football has just become endemic in the team now.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2013, 12:09:58 AM »
I can't see why we keep resorting to this tactic in games - is it instructions from Lambert?  We look so much better when we keep the ball on the floor, yet seem to revert back to hoofing it in most games.  It's not like we create that many chances from doing it, so I just can't see the logic behind it?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal