collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Morgan Rogers - Signed by OCD
[Today at 11:13:37 AM]

Re: Loanwatch 2023/24 by paul_e
[Today at 11:12:08 AM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Drummond
[Today at 11:11:04 AM]

Olympiacos flights by Des Little
[Today at 11:08:37 AM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 11:06:24 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Drummond
[Today at 11:00:31 AM]

Re: Morgan Rogers - Signed by Drummond
[Today at 10:52:47 AM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 10:50:46 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: What can we do about it?  (Read 15635 times)

Offline itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
Re: What can we do about it?
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2013, 02:22:14 PM »
No fan action PLEASE! The Blackburn fans' carry on during Steve Kean's rein was embarrassing, even if they were right he was useless.

Perhaps a letter addressed to Randy printed in one of the papers from a fans' representative asking him to clarify his motives in running the club into the ground (maybe put a little more diplomatically).
I don't give a fuck if other teams fans and the media think its embarassing. They can fuck off. If we do nothing, we will go down without a fight, if we do something, we may somehow start scrapping it out withh the other shite in the devision.  Better to try something than sit on our arses.

Offline levico

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2013, 02:28:10 PM »
No fan action PLEASE! The Blackburn fans' carry on during Steve Kean's rein was embarrassing, even if they were right he was useless.

Perhaps a letter addressed to Randy printed in one of the papers from a fans' representative asking him to clarify his motives in running the club into the ground (maybe put a little more diplomatically).
I don't give a fuck if other teams fans and the media think its embarassing. They can fuck off. If we do nothing, we will go down without a fight, if we do something, we may somehow start scrapping it out withh the other shite in the devision.  Better to try something than sit on our arses.

I agree. If we do nothing don't we kinda get what we deserve?

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2013, 02:35:28 PM »
What we need to ask for is footballing legacy that comes from the boardroom.

All of the problems we have now come down to the fact that the manager is the be all and end all of the on the pitch aspect of the club (i.e. the important bit).  This means if the manager leaves we have no one to direct things and provide continuity.

All the fans can do is repeatedly ask for a director of football, more money isn't the answer, we've spent lots and have fuck all to show for it because of the complete lack of direction above the manager.

An open letter in the papers that reads:

"Oi Randy, employ a director who knows the game" is all it needs.

Offline Villadroid

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2013, 02:39:41 PM »

I think we are already getting what we deserve.

We have been in denial about Lerner for three years and happy to put all the blame on O'Neill to explain the decline.

The momentum of that decline has gathered to the point where there is nothing we can do to reverse it.

It would be better if we could at least preserve a little bit of dignity as we cope with that decline.

There is no dignity standing with a bed-sheet with some misspelt slogan spray-painted on it.

Offline levico

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2013, 02:48:37 PM »

We have been in denial about Lerner for three years and happy to put all the blame on O'Neill to explain the decline.

The momentum of that decline has gathered to the point where there is nothing we can do to reverse it.

It would be better if we could at least preserve a little bit of dignity as we cope with that decline.

There is no dignity standing with a bed-sheet with some misspelt slogan spray-painted on it.

Fair enough, we'll do nothing then. The weather's not too good anyway.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2013, 02:49:23 PM »

Most fans think the fault lies somewhere between Lerner and MON, with sprinklings of Houllier, TSM and Lambert in there as well.

mon wasted money on shit, both in fees and wages.
lerner let him and had no strategy to replace him or subsequent managers.
houllier pissed too many people off and tried to change things too quickly.
tsm ripped the heart of the club by making us a soulless anti-football abomination.
lambert has failed to arrest the slide that tsm started and has looked completely lost if plan a doesn't work.

On top of that you can add in some pretty disgraceful episodes from senior players, in terms of attitude and performances.

No one at the club is blameless but to get beyond it we need the board to start concentrating on the core business and making things right on the pitch, fuck the wage bill, sponsors, bank balance, etc.  Right now we need to start holding our own in games and make sure we survive, then revisit the other stuff in the summer, but always with an eye on the effect it has on the playing side.  We're only going to get that if the football knowledge at board level is increased significantly.

Offline Villadroid

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2013, 03:20:30 PM »
I feel sorry for Dave Woodhall because he knows that when people say that something needs to be done, they include him in those who need to do it.

Work and intrusion which he could probably well do without.

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2013, 03:36:05 PM »
I feel sorry for Dave Woodhall because he knows that when people say that something needs to be done, they include him in those who need to do it.

1) What a bizarre post.

2) I never mentioned Dave.

3) I'm sure Dave can look after himself.

Offline PaulMcGrathsNo5Shirt

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2013, 03:41:29 PM »
Next week against Newcastle.

Not ONE person buys a burger/pie/programme/drink inside the ground. Not one person buys anything from the club shop. The only way Lerner will take note is if it is in his pocket. If he can't be arsed to spend money, then neither should we. 

Offline mrastonvilla

« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2013, 03:45:01 PM »

All of the problems we have now come down to the fact that the manager is the be all and end all of the on the pitch aspect of the club (i.e. the important bit).  This means if the manager leaves we have no one to direct things and provide continuity.

All the fans can do is repeatedly ask for a director of football, more money isn't the answer, we've spent lots and have fuck all to show for it because of the complete lack of direction above the manager.

I agree with this, we need a sporting director and more structure to the playing side.

The one constant that everyone has talked about with the villa this season is the young players. What has escaped a lot of people's attention is that Paul Lambert is also a relatively young and inexperienced manager. You can't help think that a bit of guidance and support would  help.

Leaving the running of the sporting side of the villa to the first team and his staff (whoever that might be) is negligence of the highest order and the blame for that can only be placed at Lerners door. This was obvious when MON walked and 3 years later nothing has been done. Now it's probably way too late for it to now have any effect.

What a mess.

Offline danlanza

« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2013, 03:45:33 PM »

Not ONE person buys a burger/pie/programme/drink inside the ground. Not one person buys anything from the club shop. The only way Lerner will take note is if it is in his pocket. If he can't be arsed to spend money, then neither should we.
Sensible protest that would be, and effective.

Offline villajk

• GM : June, 2013
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2013, 03:47:38 PM »

That'll be easy for me.  I won four corporate tickets at the evening with John Gregory.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2013, 03:54:48 PM »

How can you say no fan action? In front of the watching football public we packed out Villa Park and gave it our all for 50 minutes, weve done what the club asked of us and earned the right for an explanation. It doesnt get any more embarrasing than the last 4 weeks culminating in the shambles from last night. I completely agree that a media letter would be an excellent place to start and what ever we do needs to be done with some class and decorum but the silence from inside VP is deafening. RL and PF need to be held accountable for this downward spiral and explain what is going on. There are a couple on here with excellent media contacts (DW?) Im sure if someone (slightly more articulate than me!) were to draft a letter and post it on here and VT, sensible replies and additions could be made to garner a true represenation of what the fans want to ask/say.
Lerner and Faulkner do not give two hoots for the fans. Take your free flag and be quiet. Says it all to me.

From what I could see, more people than not left their free flag behind.

White flags would have been more appropriate!

Offline Villadroid

« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2013, 03:55:02 PM »

2) I never mentioned Dave.

I never said you did but another poster wrote:

"Im sure if someone (slightly more articulate than me!) were to draft a letter and post it on here and VT, sensible replies and additions could be made to garner a true represenation of what the fans want to ask/say."

Sounds like he might include Dave in that description, to me.

Offline onje_villa

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2013, 03:58:40 PM »

Absolutely whole-heartedly agree with that.

And credit to the OP for trying to do something. I think an open-letter in some newspapers would garner a lot of attention and may draw Lerner into at the very least affirming what exactly his plan is.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal