collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 07:02:54 PM]

Re: FFP by LeeB
[Today at 06:59:38 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Toronto Villa
[Today at 06:56:28 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 06:51:04 PM]

Re: FFP by Somniloquism
[Today at 06:50:22 PM]

Re: FFP by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 06:48:48 PM]

Re: FFP by Somniloquism
[Today at 06:44:10 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Exeter 77
[Today at 06:32:41 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: If Lambert goes... Who would you want to replace him? (Poll)  (Read 38824 times)

Offline NiiLamptey

Re: If Lambert goes... Who would you want to replace him? (Poll)
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2013, 10:01:56 AM »
I wouldn't choose any of the above. None of them will be able to deal with the mess we are in, they wouldn't have the experience necessary. We need someone with experience. We need someone with experience to help choose our next manager. Get Graham Taylor in to help with choosing the candidates.
I don't want to loose Lambert yet, but if we don't turn it around very soon this club is heading to the Championship. The players need to learn that there is a second half to every match and playing well in fits and starts is killing us.

Lol is graham taylor not a villa legend?

He is, but I wouldn't want him managing us and I wouldn't reckon he'd want to manage us at this stage in his life.

Sorry misread... not a bad shout, but think it would be wiser to use him in a DOF capacity... maybe bring him in and leave lambert in place?

Online SamTheMouse

• Location: The Land of the Fragrant Founders of Human Rights, Fine Wines & Bikinis
  • GM : 03.11.2024
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2013, 10:02:04 AM »
It doesn't matter who our manager is. We will go down unless we sign a proper midfielder and at least one experienced defender.

Offline Ron Manager

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2013, 10:05:01 AM »
Lambert isnt going he has said so. Lerner will not sack him because once again that will cost  him dearly.

Lambert will not be making signings because he has no money available and even if that is not true what players of the standard we require
would want to come to a club that is in freefall?. Even loan players want to win games.

Lerner might want to sell the club and the process of doing that takes months so outgoings will be minimal.

Say it was your money would you want to give Lambert any of it. Christ he would probably sign Beckhams son....the younger one!.

We are stuck with him Im afraid.....and it is very likely we will go down.

Offline NiiLamptey

« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2013, 10:05:54 AM »
It doesn't matter who our manager is. We will go down unless we sign a proper midfielder and at least one experienced defender.

I dont believe this.. lambert looks out of his depth and desperate on the sidelines.. how must that affect the team?  Even with the players we have we should not go down, think he has lost the dressing room.

Offline NiiLamptey

« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2013, 10:08:04 AM »
Lambert isnt going he has said so. Lerner will not sack him because once again that will cost  him dearly.

Lambert will not be making signings because he has no money available and even if that is not true what players of the standard we require
would want to come to a club that is in freefall?. Even loan players want to win games.

Lerner might want to sell the club and the process of doing that takes months so outgoings will be minimal.

Say it was your money would you want to give Lambert any of it. Christ he would probably sign Beckhams son....the younger one!.

We are stuck with him Im afraid.....and it is very likely we will go down.

Absolutely!

If I had a broken iphone 5 that needed 50notes spending on a screen to get 300 notes for it instead of 100notes I would invest without a doubt

Offline puppyfeat

« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2013, 10:09:09 AM »
Adkins is available and has very recent experience working with a tight budget, and seemed popular with both fans and players. I'm sure he'd do a better job than PL and I personally like him better. Unlike most other options he'd probably appreciate the job and the club would be a step up for him too. If he could keep us up he'd be hailed a miracle worker, if he couldn't then no-one could complain, so he'd have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Offline montague

• GM : 13.12.2015
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2013, 10:09:22 AM »
Re Adkins - his record is very similar to lambert - successive promotions with an unfashionable team etc. Why would he be any better than lambert? Be another risky appointment we cant afford to make. This is a massive job now.

Offline puppyfeat

« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2013, 10:20:18 AM »
Re Adkins - his record is very similar to lambert - successive promotions with an unfashionable team etc. Why would he be any better than lambert? Be another risky appointment we cant afford to make. This is a massive job now.
Maybe so, but he was doing a better job at Saints than Lambert is with us, and I think he'd have kept them up. Why they sacked him is one of the most baffling events of this season. The attraction for Lerner would be he'd have to pay nothing to get him, and as such I see him as the only viable option.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2013, 10:20:56 AM »
Ofcourse the one big problem would be attracting the right type of Manager that we need.  I just don't see an SGT's riding in on their white charger - we are not seen as a big fish anymore.

Thanks largely to Lerners and Faulkners inept handling of pretty much everything they've blundered into over the last 3 years, VP is more seen as a graveyard for Managers careers as opposed to the making of them.

Taking my Villa fans hat off for a minute, I know if I was an ambitious Manager I wouldn't want the job.

Offline picicata

« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2013, 10:25:47 AM »
I think I would go for Curbishley as I would have confidence in his ability to give us a fighting chance of coming back up next season.

Don't think we will see Lambert go though.

Offline ASHTONVILLA

• http://www.levitycropscience.com
  • GM : 01.08.2022
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2013, 10:26:49 AM »
Best man for the job would likely be the current Norwich manager Chris Hughton - maybe we could swap!

Hughton has a track record of taking on basket cases and making them work with little or no finance. He worked wonders at Newcastle working with the only owner around that is possibly more inept than Lerner.

Failing that, then we need someone else that has experience of turning around failing teams. GT did it for us once before. Gregory could maybe still do a job.

Offline NiiLamptey

« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2013, 10:27:17 AM »
I think giving someone a big 6 month contract is worth a punt and most would take it as nothing to lose

Offline remy

• Claret & Blue Flag ALWAYS flapping
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2013, 10:32:08 AM »
I think Zola for me.

Lambchop looked clueless and bewildered as HIS players following HIS instructions couldnt beat a 4th division team over 2 legs.

I want him replaced ASAP and Randy to basically preserve our top flight status by opening his chequebook (again) for this new manager. Bring in some quality players that the name of Zola would attract and pay big wages in order to get us out of this mess.

Offline mrfuse

• GM : 28.02.2023
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2013, 10:36:34 AM »
Why would changing the manager make a difference?

We wanted Lambert because of the way he got an Average side into the premieship playing decent football and competing against big clubs.

His ethos hasn't changed suddenly but when you get rid of a load of players you cannot replace them with the amount of money we did without something of a disruption.

If that's the way Learner wants to do it fair enough but he needs to do it gradually rather than in one season.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2013, 10:38:20 AM »
A new manager might be able to coach players how to defend a corner.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal