collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

All aboard the shuttle bus. by dave.woodhall
[Today at 12:23:44 PM]

Gordon Cowans by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 12:19:57 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by ChicagoLion
[Today at 12:19:45 PM]

Champions League Contention by AV82EC
[Today at 12:09:23 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 12:05:29 PM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by Clampy
[Today at 11:52:46 AM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: My Girls  (Read 17085 times)

Offline MonsXI

Re: My Girls
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2013, 12:50:39 AM »
I don't have kids.

I always dreamed of having a son as a villa fan. After tonight (and the past two seasons), I don't think villa is ever anything I will 'push' on any children I may or may not have in the future.

Why don't you do one? Aston Villa is bigger than a bad spell an horrific event, If I had a 100 kids I'd make sure everyone was claret and blue!

Why should he "do one"?

He's not gonna bring his kids up as Villa fans because of this? Suffering fuck were at rock bottom but we always gonna be Aston Villa.

Offline rutski

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2013, 12:51:04 AM »
Anyone else having problems keeping their children interested? I've been taking my girls down for 7 years now,and I am now literally having to drag them down by their hair "Mommy they always lose"they say. Tonight was the final straw I'd stupidly guaranteed goals galore to be given the I told you so look. Anybody else struggling. To keep your offspring's interested and have they ever threatened to support another side?
are you joking, dont make your kids do anything they dont want to do. all the woe is me is going to start now isnt it, take them dancing if they dont want to come. simple!
Well yes,that means I can't go either then :(
your kids are important, if they dont want to go dont take them, if you want to go just fucking go, man up you pussy!

Offline mr woo

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2013, 12:55:09 AM »
Look, you have no choice. This could well be the alternative, child cruelty is unforgivable.

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2013, 12:55:28 AM »
I don't have kids.

I always dreamed of having a son as a villa fan. After tonight (and the past two seasons), I don't think villa is ever anything I will 'push' on any children I may or may not have in the future.

Why don't you do one? Aston Villa is bigger than a bad spell an horrific event, If I had a 100 kids I'd make sure everyone was claret and blue!

Why should he "do one"?

He's not gonna bring his kids up as Villa fans because of this? Suffering fuck were at rock bottom but we always gonna be Aston Villa.

If I ever have kids and they support villa I will be thrilled! I'm just not going to 'push it'. If they find villa, great, but I would want it to be organic and not something I pushed on them especially with it being something that can be more torture than pleasure.

Where's the problem?

I can't believe I am debating the parenting of kids I don't even have!

Edit. I took my new girlfriend to the pub to watch that tonight. We started going out in October and by the end she was encouraging me! Right until the end she was saying stuff like 'They might get a penalty or something', 'at least they can focus on the league now'....She's definitely a keeper!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 01:04:01 AM by Irish villain »

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2013, 12:57:16 AM »
I am bringing my 54 year old dad to his first villa game on 10 February and am already €80 down on the flight because the fixture was changed to the Sunday.

We are mad, aren't we?

Offline Howla

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2013, 12:57:46 AM »
I am royally fucked off and just got home. Following ill timing texts straight after match from my wife about put in context the overpaid Villa players don't love you as much as your girls do etc etc!

I have just been into to kiss Bella (7) and Sienna (4) goodnight and tell them i love them like I always do and Bella woke to say I know the Villa lost but don't worry I love you more than the Villa or anything in the world and gave me the biggest squeeze before falling back into deepnsleep.

I have dragged them both down the Villa - both first games aged 3 vs WBA like mine was but not sure I will ever get them hooked like I hoped. Cest la vie but who can argue my first game was 1977 and I had things to look forward to

Anyway I have never been so down as a Villa fan as I am tonight but boy did that little moment make me feel that bit happier and remember that no matter how much it hurts i have them.

Tonight I hate you Aston Villa but im afraid will always love you

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2013, 12:58:39 AM »
No, you're exemplary.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2013, 01:02:09 AM »
I am royally fucked off and just got home. Following ill timing texts straight after match from my wife about put in context the overpaid Villa players don't love you as much as your girls do etc etc!

I have just been into to kiss Bella (7) and Sienna (4) goodnight and tell them i love them like I always do and Bella woke to say I know the Villa lost but don't worry I love you more than the Villa or anything in the world and gave me the biggest squeeze before falling back into deepnsleep.

I have dragged them both down the Villa - both first games aged 3 vs WBA like mine was but not sure I will ever get them hooked like I hoped. Cest la vie but who can argue my first game was 1977 and I had things to look forward to

Anyway I have never been so down as a Villa fan as I am tonight but boy did that little moment make me feel that bit happier and remember that no matter how much it hurts i have them.

Tonight I hate you Aston Villa but im afraid will always love you

This is amazing. I really wish I could have experienced similar.

Offline rutski

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2013, 01:07:15 AM »
my two boys are villa through and through. there isnt one iota of me that hadnt wished that from the day they were born.

No matter where they are in the world, no matter what time it is, whether i have spoken to them for a week or a month, i know that at final whistle time we will be thinking about the same thing! THE VILLA!

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2013, 01:08:36 AM »
I've had to resort to telling my 7 year old daughter that Kate Middleton is a Villa fan to keep her interest!

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2013, 01:15:56 AM »
I've had to resort to telling my 7 year old daughter that Kate Middleton is a Villa fan to keep her interest!
I hadn't thought of that.Do you think Miranda is a Villa fan?

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2013, 01:21:48 AM »
I hadn't thought of that.Do you think Miranda is a Villa fan?

She is shit enough and unfunny enough to be a first team player never mind a fan.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2013, 02:32:05 AM »
I don't have kids.

Agree. If my kids don't support Villa they can start looking for an orphanage.

Offline Tucson Villain

• GM : 21.01.2022
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2013, 02:49:52 AM »
When he is with me, my son (11) is as big a Villa fan as I am, when he is out with his friends or at school he has so many other things going on that he might not even know that they are playing.
On nights like tonight it is really good that he is not a grumpy git like his old man and he helps distract me from the Villa and enjoy other things.

Online Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2013, 03:03:56 AM »
Nah, my 13yr battled the tears leaving the lower north but he's got the bug that I have, daft fucker! ;D

vtid

Fair play to you and your kid, mate.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal