collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Re: Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Re: Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Villan For Life
[Today at 06:38:03 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by IFWaters
[Today at 06:20:45 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by JD
[Today at 01:37:32 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: My Girls  (Read 17083 times)

Online WarszaVillan

• GM : 06.10.2023
Re: My Girls
« Reply #105 on: January 25, 2013, 05:21:19 PM »
Newcastle will be my nine year old's fourth game. Her record so far is three losses and three managers. She already has a resigned expectation that we will lose and says she doesn't like  second halves. I told her she doesn't have to come to the game but she says she wants to. I think she realises its something I am into and she wants to take part, even although she finds it pretty boring.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #106 on: January 25, 2013, 05:50:54 PM »
All this let them support who they want stuff means that you miss out on the shared experience of following the same team. As my kids have got older and started living their own lives the Villa is the one thing that we always still do together, along with my brother and his kids.

It's inevitable as kids get older they do less with their parents and more with their mates, girlfriends etc. It's therefore, in my view, important to have things that you can do together. Of course, it doesn't have to be football but in our case it's just the way things have developed.

It's a fair point and I have to say some of my most treasured memories of my late father and grandparents are of going to games with them from the age of 6 onwards, especially the old third division away days when I was about 10 and the trip to Rotterdam with my Dad and brother.  In my case,  since I live on the other side of Europe, the opportunities to bond with and share experiences with my kids around Villa would be limited anyway.  I'd hope I can find other ways of bonding with them.   

Offline Broughty-Villian

« Reply #107 on: January 26, 2013, 08:28:10 AM »
I live in Dundee and have 2 girls 7 & 4. My wife is a DUFC supporter. The oldest first game will be a Junior game (Blue Square level), hopefully next month so that if they lose interest i havn't wasted any money at the gate.

The oldest is keen on football, no choice really, and is quite happy wearing Villa or DUFC colors, BUT, she knows on a saturday by either my wifes or mine moods if the results are good or bad, and has said "Not sure if I want to be a football fan".

At the moment she is wearing the claret & blue mohican type hat and loves it.

I do wonder if I want to put her through what i have gone through, and going through at the moment with being a Villa fan.

love the stories though boys and girls,

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal