collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by KevinGage
[Today at 12:38:25 AM]

Lille vs Aston Villa post-match thread by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 12:32:58 AM]

Brian Evans by maidstonevillain
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Jacob Ramsey by AV84
[Today at 12:12:05 AM]

Leon Bailey - signed by AV84
[Today at 12:04:41 AM]

Matty Cash - Polish international by PeterWithe
[Today at 12:03:00 AM]

Emiliano Martinez - World Cup winner and officially best keeper in the world by dave.woodhall
[Today at 12:02:34 AM]

Press-ing on triumphantly by dave.woodhall
[April 18, 2024, 11:47:47 PM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: My Girls  (Read 17144 times)

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
My Girls
« on: January 23, 2013, 12:23:00 AM »
Anyone else having problems keeping their children interested? I've been taking my girls down for 7 years now,and I am now literally having to drag them down by their hair "Mommy they always lose"they say. Tonight was the final straw I'd stupidly guaranteed goals galore to be given the I told you so look. Anybody else struggling to keep your offspring's interested and have they ever threatened to support another side?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 04:11:42 PM by VillaAlways »

richtheholtender

Re: My Girls
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 12:25:21 AM »
Having problems motivating myself never mind the kids

Offline PaulMcGrathsNo5Shirt

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 12:26:32 AM »
My 6 year old lad said to me after Wigan scored the 3rd goal... "Dad, why do our players not stand by their players to stop them scoring? We're a bit rubbish aren't we?"

My 6 year old son can see it. Shame Rab C Lambert can't...

Offline MonsXI

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 12:27:01 AM »
Nah, my 13yr battled the tears leaving the lower north but he's got the bug that I have, daft fucker! ;D

vtid

Offline pestria

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 12:27:28 AM »
Fair enough.

Encourage 'em to stay at home doing the cooking, cleaning and ironing.

Everyone's a winner,

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 12:32:50 AM »
I don't have kids.

I always dreamed of having a son as a villa fan. After tonight (and the past two seasons), I don't think villa is ever anything I will 'push' on any children I may or may not have in the future.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2013, 12:33:01 AM »
My Grandson still loves us. He can't wait for his Freddy 5 kit that his Grandad is going to buy him for his Birthday. The poor, poor lad.

Offline Legion

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2013, 12:33:46 AM »
I don't have kids.

I always dreamed of having a son as a villa fan. After tonight (and the past two seasons), I don't think villa is ever anything I will 'push' on any children I may or may not have in the future.

Neither do I. I wish I did.

Offline rutski

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2013, 12:39:44 AM »
Anyone else having problems keeping their children interested? I've been taking my girls down for 7 years now,and I am now literally having to drag them down by their hair "Mommy they always lose"they say. Tonight was the final straw I'd stupidly guaranteed goals galore to be given the I told you so look. Anybody else struggling. To keep your offspring's interested and have they ever threatened to support another side?
are you joking, dont make your kids do anything they dont want to do. all the woe is me is going to start now isnt it, take them dancing if they dont want to come. simple!

Offline MonsXI

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2013, 12:42:53 AM »
I don't have kids.

Why don't you do one? Aston Villa is bigger than a bad spell an horrific event, If I had a 100 kids I'd make sure everyone was claret and blue!

Offline leylandalbion

• GM : 06.05.2015
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2013, 12:42:57 AM »
my 8 year old and 6 year old are oblivious to the depths we are in...last 2 games they have seen have been 2-1 wins againts ipswich and bradford...don't know what all the fuss is about ;)

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2013, 12:45:11 AM »
Anyone else having problems keeping their children interested? I've been taking my girls down for 7 years now,and I am now literally having to drag them down by their hair "Mommy they always lose"they say. Tonight was the final straw I'd stupidly guaranteed goals galore to be given the I told you so look. Anybody else struggling. To keep your offspring's interested and have they ever threatened to support another side?
are you joking, dont make your kids do anything they dont want to do. all the woe is me is going to start now isnt it, take them dancing if they dont want to come. simple!
Well yes,that means I can't go either then :(

Offline Legion

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2013, 12:45:45 AM »
I don't have kids.

Why don't you do one? Aston Villa is bigger than a bad spell an horrific event, If I had a 100 kids I'd make sure everyone was claret and blue!

I don't have any children either. My Grandson is Villa through-and-through. What is your point?

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2013, 12:47:05 AM »
I don't have kids.

Why should he "do one"?

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2013, 12:48:09 AM »
Not making the slightest effort to interest my kids in Villa, and I certainly wouldn't pressure them to go.  If they develop an interest I will encourage them, same with music, art, or whatever.  However if they develop an interest in any of the sky 4 / CL elite they are leaving home pronto.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal