collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Gabby  (Read 77045 times)

Offline Gregorys Boy

Re: Gabby
« Reply #450 on: August 22, 2013, 11:51:51 AM »
First two or three seasons Gabby was great for us (maybe one of the best strikers in the league) since then he has become very Jekyll and Hyde.  Start of this season he has found his feet using his pace very well and really having a big impact on our two games so far.

If he gets around ten goals (adding to the twenty which Benteke is expected to score) and can win some more pens, and create openings throughout the season then that is a good season. 

Also if he puts a few more good performances in I think he deserves a call up for England what with their lack of striking options.  He has actually done pretty well whenever he has played for England.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #451 on: August 22, 2013, 12:23:42 PM »
His work for the goal last night was outstanding.

He made mincemeat of one the leagues best defenders, had time to look up and pick out his man because he'd beaten him so badly.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #452 on: August 22, 2013, 01:10:54 PM »
My only worry is that if he get's injured, we haven't really got anyone else with pace to take his place. His pace is a big factor of our game going forward. That wide role suits him down to the ground although i'd like to see him move inside a bit more like he did against Arsenal.

Offline QBVILLA

« Reply #453 on: August 22, 2013, 01:32:02 PM »
It'll be interesting to see how we shape up when we are playing a side at Villa Park who are happy to leave with a point. So far we've played two sides away who expect to beat us and i'd say Liverpool will turn up thinking the same. I don't think the formation, and Gabby in his current role will be as effective when the onus is on us to do the pressing. In my opinion, this is when we'll see Tonev or Bacuna come into contention and Gabby moved up alongside Benteke with a central midfielder making way.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal