collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: N'Zogbia  (Read 83190 times)

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
Re: N'Zogbia
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2013, 01:15:56 PM »
I'm sorry to say he couldn't lace Young's boots.

Completely disagree OzVilla. Young ran and crossed and most of the time crossed to no one and nowhere. He had some ability from dead ball but nothing more than average. However Young doesn't  have the subtle sublime control and trickery that N'Zog possesses. If only he can make better decisions and execute ...than....than I am afraid e will be paying for a champions league team.

Ashley Young nothing more than average? Wow! I'd love someone as average as Young in the team now. Perhaps we wouldn't be staring at relegation then.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2013, 01:18:20 PM »
We were staring at relegation in Mr Young's last season. Lets not have short memories..

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2013, 01:21:53 PM »
We were staring at relegation in Mr Young's last season. Lets not have short memories..

Yep, and I'd just about settle for that season's finishing position of 9th this year.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2013, 01:25:44 PM »
John winning 3 out of last 4 did that for us but for a long while that season  I remember people sitting on toilet pans bricking themselves.

Online mrfuse

• GM : 28.02.2023
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2013, 01:27:17 PM »
I'm sorry to say he couldn't lace Young's boots.

Completely disagree OzVilla. Young ran and crossed and most of the time crossed to no one and nowhere. He had some ability from dead ball but nothing more than average. However Young doesn't  have the subtle sublime control and trickery that N'Zog possesses. If only he can make better decisions and execute ...than....than I am afraid e will be paying for a champions league team.

Ashley Young nothing more than average? Wow! I'd love someone as average as Young in the team now. Perhaps we wouldn't be staring at relegation then.

Got to Agree that young is average and not good enough for Man utd or England

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2013, 01:27:21 PM »

Yep, and I'd just about settle for that season's finishing position of 9th this year.

Creating space for Benteke and Gabby/ Weimann has been difficult this and last season for Bent and Gabby. If NZogbia can start to play as he did yesterday we look to have goals in us. If we miraculously sign a defender and a proper defensive midfielder, we could string a few results together.

Offline ozzjim

« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2013, 01:28:17 PM »
John winning 3 out of last 4 did that for us but for a long while that season  I remember people sitting on toilet pans bricking themselves.

West Ham away end of Easter was the turning point wasn't it? Bolton away 2-2 was a real moment of panic I recall.

Online mrfuse

• GM : 28.02.2023
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2013, 01:29:32 PM »
We need to get Nzogbia in those 1 on 1 situations because 9 times out of 10 he beats his man if we can get him doing that with Benteke in the box it will be a great combination. 

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2013, 01:32:08 PM »
I'm just hoping tha Lambert has realised that dismissing width entirely was a mistake. Giving N'Zogbia licence to roam and get wide fits him and fits the team. Our midfield's lack of strength told in the end but while they were playing well the forwards were getting supprt and looked really quite outstanding at times. In the end it starts and ends with the middle of the park. We are better going forward and we are better in defence with a midfield that operates for 90 minutes and not 45. That will allow the likes of Zog to be the player he can be. He's clearly a confidence player and yesterday he looked the part. If he can recreate that on Tuesday we'll be fine.

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2013, 01:35:12 PM »
He seems to click well with Benteke,and when hes up for it he'll chase back. If he can have a good game on Tuesday,hopefully with more games under his belt he can hit some form.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2013, 01:36:41 PM »
I remember seeing Nzogbia once against Arse and thought omg what a player , he will be snapped up by Wenger after this , would love to see that Nzog at Villa.     

Offline ozzjim

« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2013, 01:36:58 PM »
I'm just hoping tha Lambert has realised that dismissing width entirely was a mistake. Giving N'Zogbia licence to roam and get wide fits him and fits the team. Our midfield's lack of strength told in the end but while they were playing well the forwards were getting supprt and looked really quite outstanding at times. In the end it starts and ends with the middle of the park. We are better going forward and we are better in defence with a midfield that operates for 90 minutes and not 45. That will allow the likes of Zog to be the player he can be. He's clearly a confidence player and yesterday he looked the part. If he can recreate that on Tuesday we'll be fine.

I agree re the floating bit to get wide when he likes. We were OFSTED inspected a few months back at work, and there was 1 male inspector and about 6 female, of which none were into football. He was a massive Wigan fan, and said Charlie was 10 times the footballer Moses is, and the problem is Villa are putting a label on his position. Martinez just said from half way to their goal is yours, do what you like, create havoc. And he did, regularly. I do wonder if Lamber and Martinez discussed the issue after Wigan gave us a beating.

Offline bob

« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2013, 01:44:56 PM »
He's had a couple of good games, yesterday's in particular was an excellent performance.

That is nowhere near enough to convince me he is good enough. He has been a complete and utter waste of space for the vast majority of the time since we signed him. We need someone who can deliver more consistently. Looking at his career with us to date he hasn't got enough form in the book yet to make me think its him.

Offline bob

« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2013, 01:49:58 PM »
If he plays like yesterday for a couple of seasons, he will have replaced Young very well.

He seems to click well with Benteke,and when hes up for it he'll chase back. If he can have a good game on Tuesday,hopefully with more games under his belt he can hit some form.

Both of these positive statements betray the true problem with him.

If he can play like that...

If he's up for it...

No way should we be hoping that if he can be arsed he might play well. There's just not enough evidence to think he might. Just because he got the better of Liam Ridgewell doesn't mean it was worth the two year wait for that performance.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2013, 01:56:40 PM »
If he was a little less greedy and did the basics a bit more, he'd be decent.

He looks like he's up for the fight.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal