collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: N'Zogbia  (Read 83232 times)

Offline kipeye

• GM : PCM
Re: N'Zogbia
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2013, 11:04:25 AM »
I was against the idea of playing him in the middle -which I believe is his favoured role, but it seems that this is the way to get the best out of him. Up to recent games have considered him lightweight and uninterested with no redeeming character. Maybe he will grow in confidence playing in the hole-it is worth a few more games to find out as he has been dire out wide.

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2013, 11:04:33 AM »
he worked hard yesterday i think that is significant

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2013, 11:06:49 AM »
His problem since he's been with us has been that he holds on to the ball for too long.

Yesterday he seemed to release it quicker, and it paid off.

Offline villan from luton

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2013, 11:09:17 AM »
Last season was a nightmare, but dont think the way the manager was tactically playing helped N'Zogbia at all. That said, he still has to put the effort in and at times I feel this was sadly lacking. This season, when fit, I think he has generally done okay and yesterday was excellent. Think he has a manager who believes in him and lets hope he can continue to influence games, starting on Tuesday 

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2013, 11:12:27 AM »
He needs to get his head up and look for passes, he showed yesterday he could do it. And not just run with his head down.

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2013, 11:13:45 AM »
We're starting to see a flavour of the player we thought we'd signed. Needs to find some consistency, both of form and fitness, but I think he's got a manager who wants to look after him, hence taking him off yesterday as he faded to protect him for Tuesday.

Good summary. I'm not sure TSM knew how to get the best out of him. Young was something special, N'Zogbia can be his own man and still a great asset if he plays to his full ability.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2013, 11:17:18 AM »
I don't think he is a Young replacement as Mr Tickle doesn't seem to like out-and-out wingers.

However, if he keeps playing like he did yesterday he might just be able to fire us to survival, like when he almost single-handedly kept Wigan up the year before last.

*Prays*

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2013, 11:19:15 AM »
He has an ability to breeze past players with ease. He provides a lot of movement in the space between midfield and the forwards too.

My biggest criticism is that his end product is lacking, but it was definitely there yesterday.

Offline mr woo

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2013, 11:23:24 AM »
He's just about the only player we have with the ability to take on and beat his man, and while he should be encouraged to carry on trying to do so, he needs to reminded there is also a time when it's more beneficial to lay it off, shoot or whatever. I think the phrase is 'all fart and no shit'

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2013, 11:44:59 AM »
I was never Young's biggest fan, I thought he was inconsistent, though less so than Zog, and too often chose the wrong option.  By all accounts Man Yoo fans aren't too keen on him for those reasons.  But when he was good he was very good.  Zog has the ability to be very good but again too often takes the wrong option.  He set up two or three great chances yesterday but there were two occasions when he went alone and tried to dribble the ball in past several defenders.  On each occasion he had initially made the space to have a dig and I think he should try his luck a bit more often by getting a shot off.   To be honest even if inconsistent he is always likely to make something happen in the final third and is just about the only player we have with the ability to run directly at the defence with the ball at his feet and cause a bit of panic. 

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2013, 12:31:54 PM »
I like him. Think he tries TOO hard at times.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2013, 12:36:19 PM »
Thought he was very good going forward yesterday, but do have some concerns about him defensively if he is going to play in that attacking midfield role. 

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2013, 12:38:09 PM »
I'm sorry to say he couldn't lace Young's boots.

I totally disagree. I thought yesterday, and in the last few games, he is starting show how good he is with the ball at his feet in dangerous areas. He took half of Albion out a couple of times yesterday. That front 3 was as dynamic, quick and skillful as we have had in a long time, and all played their roles well. The only different thing I would have done yesterday was Bent for Gabby, not Holman for NZogbia.

If he plays like yesterday for a couple of seasons, he will have replaced Young very well.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2013, 12:48:40 PM »
I'm sorry to say he couldn't lace Young's boots.

Completely disagree OzVilla. Young ran and crossed and most of the time crossed to no one and nowhere. He had some ability from dead ball but nothing more than average. However Young doesn't  have the subtle sublime control and trickery that N'Zog possesses. If only he can make better decisions and execute ...than....than I am afraid e will be paying for a champions league team.

Offline David_Nab

• GM : 24.12.2015
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2013, 01:11:52 PM »
Has three assists since Ipswich now so is doing better.Front 3 yesterday is a threat to any team ,pace ,skill and Power and still have Bent and Weimann in reserve ....if only we could defend better.

Like Zog seems Lambert is working much better with him than TSM.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal