collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Sir graham talking about us  (Read 7213 times)

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
Re: Sir graham talking about us
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2013, 09:59:15 AM »
Sir Graham knows his stuff. We could really do with him back at the club in some capacity.
perhaps he will never forget the twats who booed him on the final home game that season!
that day will probably have the reverse effect on our fans as the 2000 odd wolves fans at  home game v rochdale. 40,000 wolves fans to a man say that that day they were there! i have never met one who said they werent. the same will be of that shameful afternoon when 75% of the ground booed with sgmk2 with denial being the word of the day!

I can say forever I was there and I didn't boo.  I was actually on my way out of the ground when I heard Sir Graham's voice, and I also heard the boos and my heart sank a bit.

Offline placeforparks

• GM : PCM
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2013, 11:12:18 AM »
Sir Graham says that Lerner has lost interest, yet people still deny that is the case.

The fact remains that if he has lost interest he'd be selling up. There is no indication of this being the case.

and he would be doing his damnedest to ensure we didn't get relegated to get the best return.

Offline rutski

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2013, 01:29:20 PM »
Sir Graham knows his stuff. We could really do with him back at the club in some capacity.
perhaps he will never forget the twats who booed him on the final home game that season!
that day will probably have the reverse effect on our fans as the 2000 odd wolves fans at  home game v rochdale. 40,000 wolves fans to a man say that that day they were there! i have never met one who said they werent. the same will be of that shameful afternoon when 75% of the ground booed with sgmk2 with denial being the word of the day!

I can say forever I was there and I didn't boo.  I was actually on my way out of the ground when I heard Sir Graham's voice, and I also heard the boos and my heart sank a bit.
with all this perceptive vision that most have on here as the trend in the last 48 hours is that we need a director of football, all those that were booing were actually saying 'boo as manager, we want your vision to remain with the club and take us to where we need to go, you have just signed peter crouch and even though we are booing because we think he is shit, in years to come we will clap him to the rafters as a long lost holte hero and we know our club is going to be bought out by a naive amaerican and replace a man we all hate, but if only you sir graham had stayed then nothing would have gone wrong'!

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2013, 01:35:09 PM »

with all this perceptive vision that most have on here as the trend in the last 48 hours

You are indeed right and this 'vision' has come up, brand new, in the last 48 hours and nobody even suggested it before.

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2013, 04:29:28 PM »
Whether its a Director of Football I'm not sure but if you were looking for someone with a bit of football nous who know's this great club of ours inside out then there are few better candidates that SGT to offer a bit of friendly advice, you would think. If he could bring Steve Stride with him too...

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2013, 04:32:12 PM »
It's like Back to the Future on here at the moment.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2013, 04:41:02 PM »
He could only sell if there was a willing buyer.

So he'd try and find one. It's nigh-on impossible for owners to keep it a secret if they want to sell.

The trouble is, the finances are so bad that Lerner would either have to write off a huge chunck of money, or find a buyer willing to pay way, way over the odds for a club that is finacially in a very poor state.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2013, 04:49:19 PM »
Have I ever mentioned my letter?

I took a wayward clearance in the face

Didn't know Delph was playing for us then.

Offline Salsa Party Animal

• Location: Trinity Road Lower Stand or Dance-floor or Bedroom.
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Salsapartyanimal
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2013, 04:51:32 PM »
I would have SGT to do transfer dealing activity for the club and be there to listen and advise Mr Lambert and Randy when needed. He doesn't need to be in coaching or managing the team.

Offline royvilla949

« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2013, 05:31:03 PM »
bfr said this in monday nights x&star

Offline pestria

« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2013, 05:45:10 PM »
I wonder if in British football and at Villa in particular whether three roles are needed.

A head of football development (DoF?) is needed to integrate the coaching, scouting, academy, minor senior teams and overall football philosophy into a coherent system that generates players that the Manager might want in the first team squad.  This person should have vision, an appreciation of football across the world and be able to develop scouting networks.  You could also imagine this person being responsible for satellite academies in asia, africa and south america.  He might also have a modest budget for purchasing players - in this scenario if the manager didn't want them immediately then they could loaned out for further assessment.  He should provide continuity and provide long term football advice to the board, especially on the type of manager who could extract the most out of the clubs pipeline of resources.

A head of football finance and administration is required to liaise with the manager to ensure that the cost of his squad is within the financial parameters determined by the board.  This person should be a tough cookie who knows agents and the murky financial world of football inside out.

The manager in this context would be responsible for selecting layers into his first team squad, identifying new players (whether or not they are home grown or have been identified by the club's scouting system), coaching them and of course for results!

Offline JD

• Stay Free
  • GM : 19.01.2025
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2013, 09:10:27 AM »
He should be our Director of Ffootball, Lamberts mentor and Chief Exec of all things related to the playing side.

Let Lerner & Faulkner concentrate on the business side (finance and marketing) and leave the football side to those who can move us forward. 

Offline bob

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2013, 09:40:51 AM »
Maybe he doesn't want to be a DOF/mentor/advisor.

Offline johnc

• GM : 15.02.2025
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2013, 10:08:40 AM »
http://media.newstalk.ie/podcast/70528/?uniqueID=762914

Here is the podcast. Villa from about 34 mins in

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal