collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Henke  (Read 9647 times)

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
Re: Henke
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2013, 10:31:53 PM »

Offline Karl Bridges

« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2013, 10:34:20 PM »
The thing is he was a coach/asst. manager anyway so we did well to get him scouting for us. If he thinks that job is is more inkeeping with his experience and what he wants to do then why would he stay in a more junior position?

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2013, 10:44:15 PM »
Here's a bit more on it with a link to a 21 Austrian centreback we've apparently had our eye on

Euro spy to sign off after Basel trip
Aston Villa, Last updated: 12:21, January 14, 2013
Views: 490
Aston Villa's European scout Michael Henke wants to return to coaching with mid-table Bundesliga 2 outfit Ingolstadt.

Henke, who has been busy scouting for Villa in Switzerland over the weekend, told German newspaper DK: "It's true, I'd like to work with FC 04, but I must first clarify with my club Aston Villa."
The 55-year-old ex-Borussia Dortmund and Bayern Munich assistant boss has only been working for his former player Paul Lambert for three months, but has apparently caught the coaching bug again.
Thomas Oral, the Ingolstadt trainer, has offered Henke the role of his number two and if he were to go, that could leave Villa without a high-level scout on the continent right in the middle of arguably their most important transfer window in years.
Lambert is desperate to make signings this month and is increasingly looking abroad to find value in the transfer market.
Henke watched Bayern Munich beat FC Basel in a friendly on Saturday and is following a couple of the Swiss club's squad very closely for Villa's manager.
Basel winger Valentin Stocker, 23, was linked to Villa in 2011 and recently admitted that the time may be right for him to move on.
"I do not think that FCB is my last stop, I can play abroad. There has been interest for me already."
Lambert's priority, however, is a new centre back and Basel's Aleksandar Dragovic could fit the bill. The Austrian international, 21, caught the eye against Manchester United in last season's Champions League and has missed only one game for Basel this season.

Offline Ross

« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2013, 10:58:52 PM »
Any scouting for the window had surely be done already so it's probably the best timing all considered if it had to happen.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal