collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Steve67
[Today at 09:50:08 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 09:48:19 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 09:47:19 PM]

Re: Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Demitri_C
[Today at 09:46:52 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Steve67
[Today at 09:46:41 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Forge10
[Today at 09:46:13 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Forge10
[Today at 09:44:12 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air
[Today at 09:43:47 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Be Positive  (Read 22272 times)

Offline TonyD

Re: Are there any positives?
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2013, 06:01:48 PM »
The only positive is that despite the last 4 weeks,I feel less pissed off than I did last season.  Strangely I think last season was more frustrating. 

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2013, 11:37:43 PM »
There are 16 games still to play. What an opportunity to get some points and climb up the table.

Offline villan1975

« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2013, 11:43:24 PM »
There are 16 games still to play. What an opportunity to get some points and climb up the table.

It's always nice when the drugs really start to kick in. If only we could control what we say.

Offline Ghost of Pongo Waring

« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2013, 12:06:20 AM »
1) We are starting to get experienced defenders back which will steady the back line and if we keep creating chances as we did on Saturday the goals, and points, will come.

2) We still have enough time and opportunity to climb out of trouble in the League and we're still in both cup competitions.

3) Despite all the knocks and body blows we've suffered this season there's still a chance to have a successful season.

4) However bad things get, however badly we play, we're still the one and only Aston Villa and the rest can F'off.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2013, 04:36:58 AM »
None whatsoever.  We have just lost two home league games to near rivals without scoring, suffered a record defeat and conceded three goals from corners to a FOURTH DIVISION team. The only positive thing to say is that there are only 16 more league games and two cup matches to endure before this car-crash , miserable wreck of a season finishes.

...and a happy new year.

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2013, 05:16:38 AM »
It still wouldn't take that much to make a big difference.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2013, 08:13:50 AM »
1) We are starting to get experienced defenders back which will steady the back line and if we keep creating chances as we did on Saturday the goals, and points, will come.

2) We still have enough time and opportunity to climb out of trouble in the League and we're still in both cup competitions.

3) Despite all the knocks and body blows we've suffered this season there's still a chance to have a successful season.

4) However bad things get, however badly we play, we're still the one and only Aston Villa and the rest can F'off.

Experienced defenders... Vlaar, not bad. Dunne? Shower of shite last season, why are we expecting him to suddenly be a rock this season?

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2013, 08:19:54 AM »
Dunne is an unprofessional little shit,who couldn't give a damn about us.Just look at the difference in effort,when he plays for us as opposed to his country.I think people are forgetting how many points he has cost us over the seasons

Offline Californian Villain

• Mustang 68
  • GM : Apr, 2012
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2013, 08:34:17 AM »
Dunne is an unprofessional little shit,who couldn't give a damn about us.Just look at the difference in effort,when he plays for us as opposed to his country.I think people are forgetting how many points he has cost us over the seasons
You forgot to mention he is also fat and overpaid.

Offline Ghost of Pongo Waring

« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2013, 09:27:04 AM »

Experienced defenders... Vlaar, not bad. Dunne? Shower of shite last season, why are we expecting him to suddenly be a rock this season?

Most of the players were shite last season and he is capable of playing well.

Anyway I said "Experienced", which is what we need. The young players have ability but they need experienced players to make sure they don't get pulled out of position, to keep them organised.

If you want to view a international defender coming back into an inexperienced defence as a negative thats up to you. I see it as a positive.

Offline Le Lapin

• GM : 14.10.2022
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2013, 09:52:54 AM »
Positives are, if we stay up our new inexperienced players have gained a lot of experience on the coal face this season through what has been the most shite period of being a Villa supporter that I can remember. Hopefully they can learn and improve and hit the ground running next season.

With the extra cash injection if we stay in the league we might be able to get in a few experienced players to be a calming influence if things turn to crap in a match.

It can get worse though, but not a lot. Thankfully we have 16 games to try get it right and put some kind of run together to keep us safe.

This summer we need to get rid of the so called senior players that not stepped up to the mark given their opportunities to show that they can lead by example. Gabby and Ireland come to mind, we need the culture that Man U have. Even though their players are payed shit loads of money, they still have the hunger to bust a gut for the cause, with some of our guys I often wonder what their motivation is, once they get a big fat contract.

Hopefully Dunne and Vlaar get a chance to play together this season. The two of them will tighten up our defence and give our midlfield a bit more confidence.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2013, 09:55:51 AM »

Most of the players were shite last season and he is capable of playing well.

Anyway I said "Experienced", which is what we need. The young players have ability but they need experienced players to make sure they don't get pulled out of position, to keep them organised.

If you want to view a international defender coming back into an inexperienced defence as a negative thats up to you. I see it as a positive.
It is a positive, but Dunne hasn't shown me much in the last 18 months he can offer us something more productive than what we have already got on the pitch. Vlaar can be part of what we need.

Offline rutski

« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2013, 10:08:43 AM »

It's always nice when the drugs really start to kick in. If only we could control what we say.
have we been relegated overnight, the same people spouting the same negative crap that they have for the last 3 seasons. we are the villa, we will fight to the very end!

Offline MarkM

« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2013, 10:31:44 AM »

have we been relegated overnight, the same people spouting the same negative crap that they have for the last 3 seasons. we are the villa, we will fight to the very end!

I hate to point this out but we have only won 6 league games in the last 12 months, how we are now supposed to go on a run that will carry us into the safety zone when we are already 6 points behind Sunderland in 14th is beyond me.

We may just survive to finish 17th but that is going to take a reliance on the teams around us have a worse run of it than us until the end of the season.

I don't think that just adding a couple of players will be enough, I hope that is is and that we survive but I think that this season is the season that we go down, we have been around the drop zone for three seasons now and sooner or later the trap door will open and we will fall through it.

Sad.

Offline villan1975

« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2013, 12:26:43 PM »

Your fake positivity doesn't wash. We have been awful for three years now apart from fleeting glimpses of quality. Noone is

suggesting that we should stop fighting. The reality of the situation is that we are a very poor side who genuinely do look

one of the most disjointed disorganised since the premier league began. Teams who go on runs like this rarely turn it

around without significant change in management or player personnel. The sad thing is one of the only ways out of this mess other 

than changing manager is to spend over the odds on senior pro's who will only take the gamble of coming to a relegation threatened

team for significant wages. So no everything isn't great.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal