collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Be Positive  (Read 22266 times)

Offline N'ZMAV

Be Positive
« on: January 13, 2013, 09:22:52 AM »
Are there any positives at the moment?
I was liking the look of Benteke a few weeks ago, now he can't score to save his life. Maybe Westwood, Lowton and Guzan have been good. Other than that I'm struggling. £20mil+ spent. Not very wisely. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Also think it was a decent crowd yesterday, considering the state of the club.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
Re: Are there any positives?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 09:26:41 AM »
Delph might  yet prove an asset, he was our best player for the third game in a row.

Offline nick harper

• GM : Feb, 2012
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 09:34:40 AM »
Confidence is such a massive part of football, even more so for younger players and I think the Chelsea and Spurs games really took a lot out of them. I believe there is some real talent amongst them but you can see them physically wilt when the crowd start moaning and the game is going against them. The defending for the penalty is a classic example of the nervousness and panic that is just below the surface.

I still have hope that if we can get Vlaar and Dunne back and we buy one strong holding midfield player, we still have a fighting chance. Lambert needs his leaders on the pitch and we haven't had any for much of the season.

They need a season turning result and they need the lift of a minimum of a Petrov type leader to strenghen the spine of the side.

I also have absolutely no doubt that Lambert is a good manager.

Offline nick harper

• GM : Feb, 2012
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013, 09:37:11 AM »
Delph might  yet prove an asset, he was our best player for the third game in a row.

Agree 100 per cent. There is a player there no doubt - it's just a shame he is having to do the work of two players in there at the moment.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2013, 09:46:26 AM »
The crowd.  Decent attendances and not getting on the players backs, moreover they sound like they are sticking with the lads. 

I can think of many other teams we're they'd be dogs abuse for what's been going on over the last few weeks (probably years).  Despite the media drivel i think the VP crowd rarely turns on it's own, maybe only until it's way too late (see TSM BOLTON April 24th 2012).

Of the signings the stand out is Benteke, he looks like a great prospect but still raw.

Sorry silly me, I meant he's a saleable asset (Randyspeak).

Offline onje_villa

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2013, 09:57:03 AM »

Yep, have to agree that yesterday he played well and he's come on a lot.

I'm amazed as for me he has looked like the worst player in our squad up until now.

I also thought Baker played well and Stevens was far more solid than Bennett.

Charlie tried hard and put some decent balls in. Bannan was decent when he came on.

I think Bowery looks like he has a lot to his game.

You see, individually there is a lot to be hopeful about, it's just that collectively they're a shambles at the moment.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2013, 09:58:41 AM »
Something can still be done.

Offline onje_villa

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2013, 09:58:46 AM »
The crowd.  Decent attendances and not getting on the players backs, moreover they sound like they are sticking with the lads. 

I can think of many other teams we're they'd be dogs abuse for what's been going on over the last few weeks (probably years).  Despite the media drivel i think the VP crowd rarely turns on it's own, maybe only until it's way too late (see TSM BOLTON April 24th 2012).

Of the signings the stand out is Benteke, he looks like a great prospect but still raw.

Sorry silly me, I meant he's a saleable asset (Randyspeak).

It's funny Oz but I thought the crowd only really got going late in the second half when we were pumping balls into the box. Before that it's just so quiet with the usual, 50% of people just playing on their phones.

I find VP so devoid of any passion or fight these days though that could in large part be down to the appalling run we're on.

Offline spk

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2013, 10:21:11 AM »
Well,for the past to seasons we have all thought we were doomed and managed to stay up,getting to wembley would give the lads,fans and PL a massive boost,we might get a couple of good players in the next 2 weeks and Ive got a funny feeling we will do WBA next week....

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2013, 10:22:44 AM »
Decent crowd yesterday but who would have thought Southampton would bring so many?

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2013, 10:23:20 AM »
We're not mathematically relegated yet, that is the positive. There is time in January to do something about it, but it must be done now.

Offline MarkM

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2013, 10:24:41 AM »
Saving loads of time by not watching Match of the Day

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2013, 10:24:55 AM »
I just had a fry up.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2013, 10:28:41 AM »
Something can still be done.

Yes. We're not cut adrift and something can still be done to get us out of this awful mess.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2013, 10:31:31 AM »
Decent crowd yesterday but who would have thought Southampton would bring so many?

They brought more yesterday than they had brought in the previous 20 years combined.

Part time wankers.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal