collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Hodge in Lions Club!  (Read 11411 times)

Offline Damo70

Re: Hodge in Lions Club!
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2013, 08:46:56 AM »
I'm surprised he goes back to any of his former clubs except maybe Leeds. He bailed out on us, Spurs and twice on his boyhood club.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2013, 09:20:19 AM »
Jesus wept. That is absolutely, staggeringly unbelievable.

They really have no fecking idea do they, none whatsoever.  McGrath save us from these numpties.

I'm also equally amazed he accepted. 

Offline Duncan Shaw

« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2013, 09:29:20 AM »

They really have no fecking idea do they, none whatsoever.  McGrath save us from these numpties.

I'm sure his fee made it an easy decision!
Beggars belief really - fair play to all in there for not chinning him!

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2013, 10:05:33 AM »
In case anyone missed it yesterday

Steve Hodge FUCK OFF!!!!!!

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2013, 11:00:57 AM »

I'm sure his fee made it an easy decision!
Beggars belief really - fair play to all in there for not chinning him!

How much do you think they get paid to go then, surely it can't be that much?

Hodge would need to be very hard up, stupid, brave or a piss taker extrordinaire to have taken the gig.

Wonder which?

Offline peter w

« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2013, 12:27:02 PM »
Two things.

Steve hodge can fuck off.

Secondly, when he was doing punditry on Star Sports (Asian ESPN) Steve Mcmahon always spoke highly of us.

As for Yorke, i agree that it rankles when i see him doing punditry about us. I can't forgive him for something which i can't put my finger on. No badge kissing baiting which I really don't give a frig about, but just something about hinm now just gets under my skin.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2013, 05:29:32 PM »
Im pretty shocked at this decision by the club , its as bad as having TSM as manager.

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2013, 10:16:02 PM »
Two things.

Steve hodge can fuck off.

Secondly, when he was doing punditry on Star Sports (Asian ESPN) Steve Mcmahon always spoke highly of us.

As for Yorke, i agree that it rankles when i see him doing punditry about us. I can't forgive him for something which i can't put my finger on. No badge kissing baiting which I really don't give a frig about, but just something about hinm now just gets under my skin.

Could it be the fact that when Yorke joined Small Heath, he stated that he'd always thought of them as the biggest club in Brum..?

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2013, 10:53:25 PM »

When I lived out in Australia, and he was doing punditry for FOX Sports (or maybe ESPN) he mentioned Villa a few times.  More than Bosnich anyway, and he always seemed to be complimentary. 

Think he was going for one of the managerial posts over there and he said something along the lines of "I've played for three of the biggest clubs in England: Everton, Villa and Liverpool, so I know what pressure is all about."

Plus, he spared us the misfortune of having to endure Alan Brazil trotting around VP in a Villa shirt, the useless old bloater:

clickage

"I turned down Manchester United to join Liverpool, that's how much I wanted to sign for the club.

Villa were playing at Southampton. Manager Tony Barton named the team at midday, then pulled me to one side to explain why I wasn't playing that night. It was the last few matches of the season and I was leaving. I had made it clear that I wanted to move back to the north. The manager said: 'I think you might like this move.' He informed me that Manchester United manager Ron Atkinson had made a satisfactory offer that had been accepted by Villa. I believe it involved a swap deal with Alan Brazil.

I think I shocked Tony Barton when I replied: 'Thanks but no thanks.' There had been a great deal of press speculation that Liverpool would move in, and I was prepared to bide my time for that chance."
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 10:55:35 PM by KevinGage »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal