collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Gabby Agbonlahor  (Read 9570 times)

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
Re: Gabby Agbonlahor
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2013, 12:14:10 PM »
His finishing is no better than old Darius

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2013, 12:17:50 PM »
Right, who should we pick on next?

If we're talking about underperforming players, there's a huge list to choose from. It's hardly picking on a player.

Singling out one player from an under performing squad is, to my mind, picking on him.

Only really if he's being picked out and others aren't.

A quick look at the various threads shows pretty much every squad member to have "copped it" the last few days. In fact, over the whole season.

I take your argument re Gabby, and agree with much of it, but someone disagreeing with it and posting to that effect doesn't make it picking on him, or - as someone is bound to use the word soon enough - scapegoating him. It just makes them disagreeing with you.

Point taken.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2013, 12:20:55 PM »
Right, who should we pick on next?

If we're talking about underperforming players, there's a huge list to choose from. It's hardly picking on a player.

Singling out one player from an under performing squad is, to my mind, picking on him.

Only really if he's being picked out and others aren't.

A quick look at the various threads shows pretty much every squad member to have "copped it" the last few days. In fact, over the whole season.

I take your argument re Gabby, and agree with much of it, but someone disagreeing with it and posting to that effect doesn't make it picking on him, or - as someone is bound to use the word soon enough - scapegoating him. It just makes them disagreeing with you.

Point taken.

Although having an entire thread about him does single him out a bit, I'll admit.

Offline Apyadg

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2013, 12:25:59 PM »

In comparison to the performances of people like Bennett Kea Delph Bannan Ireland  Nzog he is not doing that badly.

I prefer to see Gabbys name on the team sheet than any of the aforementioned above.

Bannan doesn't belong on that list.

Offline lovejoy

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2013, 01:09:44 PM »

In comparison to the performances of people like Bennett Kea Delph Bannan Ireland  Nzog he is not doing that badly.

I prefer to see Gabbys name on the team sheet than any of the aforementioned above.

indeed. having a pop at underperforming established stars is one thing, but I think Bannan has the makings of a good premier league player.

Offline Boz

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2013, 01:13:20 PM »
His finishing is no better than old Darius

Worse most of the time

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2013, 02:38:10 PM »
Doesn't matter. He's Mr.Aston Villa. He doesn't need to score ;D

Always stirring the pot, Paul.

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2013, 12:04:14 AM »

indeed. having a pop at underperforming established stars is one thing, but I think Bannan has the makings of a good premier league player.
he is actually more deserving than most, he has had plenty of time to realise that giving the ball away 10 times in a row is no way to win a footballl match. His performance against Bradford was just worse than Bennett.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2013, 12:14:35 AM »

He most certainly does.

Online villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2013, 12:21:12 AM »

he is actually more deserving than most, he has had plenty of time to realise that giving the ball away 10 times in a row is no way to win a footballl match. His performance against Bradford was just worse than Bennett.

Bannan must be used sparingly and responsibly. He can play a decent role in some games but 9 times out of 10 his opposition central midfielder is a class above. I'm afraid he can't hack it in the Prem as much as we want him to. He's a turn over machine, isn't creative enough, isn't effective at the top the box, a shoddy free kick taker, can't defend, and isn't a leader.

As for Gabby, we've given you the benefit of the doubt long enough. We get it, you're fast.. but seriously score goals or move on.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2013, 06:54:19 AM »
Gabby has had three years of being shite. Best for all parties if he moved on. He got a chance at playing up top by himself when Bent was injured last season and he was gash. He was developing into a fine player under MON but that day has well and truly gone. Can see him slipping down the leagues ala Vassell to be honest.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2013, 08:57:01 AM »
Gabby has had three years of being shite. Best for all parties if he moved on. He got a chance at playing up top by himself when Bent was injured last season and he was gash. He was developing into a fine player under MON but that day has well and truly gone. Can see him slipping down the leagues ala Vassell to be honest.

Exactly my feelings.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2013, 09:02:44 AM »
Perfectly put, brontebilly.

Offline eastie

« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2013, 09:03:53 AM »

Exactly my feelings.

Me too, I think he gets cut some slack for that fact he's a loyal fan, but the last 3 years he's been a shadow of the player he once was , should be approaching the peak of his career but he's gone the other way.

Maybe mon would be able to reignite him at Sunderland but I can't see many others being interested in him.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 09:06:26 AM by eastie »

Offline Jarpie

« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2013, 09:12:58 AM »
If Gabby would've been player bought from another club years ago, he would've been hounded out of the club by fans two years ago but because he's "our own player" he is spared from the stick.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal