collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: After match thread: Tranmere v Aston Villa, semi final, first leg, Jan 1994.  (Read 11748 times)

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
Terrible atmosphere in Prenton Park, well moody. Good job there were no seats to break. Earl Barratt got dogs abuse as well. Our 'fans' eh? Tch!

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
The Tranmere fans must have thought we all looked a bit strapped for cash because they spent most of the match donating coins to us over the top of the dividing fence.

Offline DR PETERS

What a crap ground that is ! Didn't play well but Dalian's goal has swung the momentum, the celebrations when it went it were as if we had already won the cup, you could feel the deflation from the Tranmere fans. I think we will be fine, our experienced players will see us through, its not like we are a bunch of kids who can't win a tackle or defend and are getting stuffed every week

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
They ought to write a book about their fans and call it Away Days.

Don't be mistaken
Don't be misled
We are not Scousers
We're from Birkenhead

You can forget your cathedral
And your Pier Head
We are not Scousers
We're from Birkenhead.

A little birra knuckle!

Offline Big Dick Edwards

Tell you what, that second leg was one of the best matches I ever attended in the old Trinity Road stand, the racket up there was brilliant.

The atmosphere was the best I've ever been in at Villa Park in over 40 years of attending matches. I thought my heart was going to burst out of my chest.

Offline The Left Side

Tell you what, that second leg was one of the best matches I ever attended in the old Trinity Road stand, the racket up there was brilliant.

The atmosphere was the best I've ever been in at Villa Park in over 40 years of attending matches. I thought my heart was going to burst out of my chest.

Me too Dick, a great night

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
The second leg was the most amazing match I've ever watched.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
Oh, sorry. It's still the first leg. Atkinson out. Ellis out. Useless bunch of muppets, losing to Tranmere Rovers. Let's hope we score early first in the return leg.

Offline Big Dick Edwards

Me too Dick, a great night

It had been 17 years since our last Wembley Cup Final appearance. The general feeling amongst the fans was of ravenous hunger to get to Wembley again and that desire was the key to our comeback.
It's got to be mentioned too that Tranmere were no Bradford. They were a very useful team with a top class striker in John Aldridge up front. It was a monumental team effort from the players and the fans to turn that tie around.

Online WarszaVillan

• GM : 06.10.2023
Do away goals count?

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
Fatkinson has lost it. Why do we never sign gems like Aldridge? Ellis out!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal