collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 12:33:09 AM]

Gordon Cowans by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 12:10:30 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 PM]

COLD BLOW LANE ... 1967 to 1975 ... Did anyone (dare to) visit the Den? by dcdavecollett
[March 28, 2024, 11:02:33 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Somniloquism
[March 28, 2024, 10:54:34 PM]

FFP by AV82EC
[March 28, 2024, 10:36:39 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Demitri_C
[March 28, 2024, 10:29:02 PM]

GUESS THE CROWD R22: ASTON VILLA v Wolves, Saturday 30th March! 🥧 by ironmaidenmania
[March 28, 2024, 08:43:00 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 12:33:09 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by KevinGage
[Today at 12:22:56 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 12:10:30 AM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Drummond
[March 28, 2024, 11:39:23 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Monty
[March 28, 2024, 11:26:15 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Billy Walker
[March 28, 2024, 11:13:11 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Somniloquism
[March 28, 2024, 11:07:05 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: After match thread: Tranmere v Aston Villa, semi final, first leg, Jan 1994.  (Read 11716 times)

richtheholtender

Theres no way I am paying a tenner to watch that in the second leg. The money they are on as well. Tell ya, the game is in mortal danger

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
What a bunch of fucking wasters.

Some of those useless wankers are picking up 2k a week, FFS

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
We wre harder in 94.

After we came out of the ground, the plastic-Scousers got run all over the place. Now we have threads about behind the yellow jacket hardmen, the hold me back types.

Society is crumbling. Or civilising?

Offline TopDeck113

• GM : 27.07.2023
I was pissed-off at the end of the first leg - not least because I thought I'd lost my car keys.  However, I wasn't without hope.

Then came the FA Cup exit at Bolton the following weekend and I was sure that the season had imploded.

As for the second leg, probably the most memorable match I've attended at Villa Park....

Offline tomd2103

I remember sitting in the lounge at home with my parents and my brother listening to the match on Xtra Am as it was then.  I can still remember the shock of going 3-0 down and then my Dad saying "that's just about kept us in it" when Dalian scored in the dying minutes.

The two games that followed in the competition that year were two of my favourite ever Villa games. 

Offline kippaxvilla2

Tell you what, that second leg was one of the best matches I ever attended in the old Trinity Road stand, the racket up there was brilliant.

I heard about that - apparently a lot of peoples ties got ruffled in the goal celebrations?

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
It's all Doug's fault.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
Tell you what, that second leg was one of the best matches I ever attended in the old Trinity Road stand, the racket up there was brilliant.

I heard about that - apparently a lot of peoples ties got ruffled in the goal celebrations?

When Dalian scored, my butler ended up three rows in front in the melee.

Offline crewster73

Hard to believe its almost 20 years ago. Standing on that shitty open terrace at Prenton Park (happy days) when the third went in and some bird threw up down the back of the bloke just behind me. Back to Villa Park, few bottles of Skol white top in the Aston Tavern then onto the Holte End. Shaun Teale and Dalian, Bozzie getting away with murder then winning it for us. Here's hoping we'll be telling similar tales about Lamberts Lions in another 20 years

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Went to Prenton Park and had a tyre blow out on the M6 at 90mph on the way back.  Tranmere were a decent side then and with Aldridge always had a chance.  Was confident we'd do them in the second leg though, and that match was the best I've ever seen.  Couldn't speak for about two days after.

Offline kippaxvilla2

Look how close Tranmere came to scoring first in the 2nd leg - almost forgot about it.

nd the penalties.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 09:53:28 PM by kippaxvilla2 »

Offline paulcomben

• GM : Oct, 2013
Well, I know it was a while back in the days before then online version of Heroes and Villains. I wonder what sort of comments would of been spouted on these types of messages boards back then after a 3-1 reverse against lower league opponents?

I would have pointed out as usual that it is never, ever 'would of'.

Offline mr woo

It's all Doug's fault.

Too right, why doesn't he spend as much as Ken Bates.

Offline treeve1

It quite simply was the best game I have ever attended for the mixture of emotions across the two legs. Villa had not won a trophy in my supporting lifetime and so Wembley still had the mythical air to it. Went from expecting to piss it at the draw stage, to despair and anger at 3-1 down, to hope on arriving on the holte end (with crate to stand on), to expectation at 2-0 up, to despair at aldridge's pen and then when you think it's gone, Dalian puts the header in and then there was pens. First time i'd ever sung kay sera sera...Just epic. Utd at wembley was easy in comparison as there simply wasn't the amount of drama and we never expected to win. Unlikely to be bettered I think.

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
It quite simply was the best game I have ever attended for the mixture of emotions across the two legs. Villa had not won a trophy in my supporting lifetime and so Wembley still had the mythical air to it. Went from expecting to piss it at the draw stage, to despair and anger at 3-1 down, to hope on arriving on the holte end (with crate to stand on), to expectation at 2-0 up, to despair at aldridge's pen and then when you think it's gone, Dalian puts the header in and then there was pens. First time i'd ever sung kay sera sera...Just epic. Utd at wembley was easy in comparison as there simply wasn't the amount of drama and we never expected to win. Unlikely to be bettered I think.

Just you wait till Tuesday 22nd, 2013.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal