collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: After match thread: Tranmere v Aston Villa, semi final, first leg, Jan 1994.  (Read 11713 times)

Offline andyaston

Well, I know it was a while back in the days before then online version of Heroes and Villains. I wonder what sort of comments would of been spouted on these types of messages boards back then after a 3-1 reverse against lower league opponents?

richtheholtender

Atkinson out, we dont spend enough money

Offline eric woolban woolban

Good job sicknote scored. We'd definitely be out if it wasn't for that goal.

Two goals next leg, sure we can do it.

Come on Deano, et al.

Offline eastie

Don't worry I'm gonna stick a tenner on a 3-1 home win and villa to win on pens .
I might stick another. Tenner on Sean teale to score - he's due one!

Offline nigel

It's only 'Half Time'
There's another 90 minutes to play. It ain't over yet, not by a long way.
Will their keeper be able to produce a world class performance again?
Will their players, as a whole team, be able to rise to that level again?
Maybe they can, but I'll bet they can't.
An early goal for us and we'll see how their nerves are.

This game isn't over!!!

Offline MonsXI

I've been grounded for sneaking to Liverpool, mom says I can't go to home game :(

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
Absolute Shit. Sack the manager, hang the Chairman, slap the ball boys, piss on the kit man, and the tea ladies can do one as well. Worst Villa side I've ever seen, ever will see, and I've bet my life savings on us being relegated 5 divisions and liquidated.

I hear I'm about to be conceived. Don't bother Dad.

Offline kippaxvilla2

It isn't over, I reckon we will go 2 up, Bozzie will survive a very definite sending off and then go on to have an absolute blinder in the penalty shootout but not before Aldridge brings them back in it from the penalty spot and Liam O'Brien hits the bar in the last minute. It's all to play for lads.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
Tell you what, that second leg was one of the best matches I ever attended in the old Trinity Road stand, the racket up there was brilliant.

Offline He wears a magic hat

I remember coming out of that gaming not believing that we had performed so poorly. i also remember the sense of optimism i felt after Dalians late strike.

Yesterday despite the same scoreline i came out feeling totally dejected

Offline thick_mike

• GM : 26.02.2025
Useless defence, they're too old with dodgy knees. We need to get some promising kids in pronto.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
No way Dalian  should have payed last night. The bloke's a passenger most of time. Can't be bothered with chasing back lazy sod. He lost his man on two of their 3 goals and should have put that easy tap in away but they cleared and scored the third on counter attack. Honestly we will be better off with ten men than having BFR's son in the team.

Offline pauliewalnuts

Oh well, it'll be Man United in the final, and there's no way we'll beat them anyway.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
Tell you what, that second leg was one of the best matches I ever attended in the old Trinity Road stand, the racket up there was brilliant.
Are you a Time Lord? If you have forgotten you are in first leg post match thread silleeeeeeeey!

Offline pauliewalnuts

Are you a Time Lord? If you have forgotten you are in first leg post match thread silleeeeeeeey!

No, that was just an observation on the tie as a whole. Happy reminiscing.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal