collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Call yourselves supporters?  (Read 26094 times)

Offline rutski

Re: Call yourself supporters?
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2013, 07:53:58 PM »
There are dickheads everywhere. Not that it makes it Ok.

I had a half season ticket in the lower holte once, row J.

We played Arsenal around Xmas time and this older dude (late 50's) spent the whole game calling every black Arsenal player a "golly wog" or a "nig nog". I called the club and they moved my ticket. Don't know if anything was done about the bloke. Generally a few of the people around him thought it was funny.
did you report it and point him out?

Offline rutski

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2013, 07:58:39 PM »
I go to a lot of aways and the fans are normally very good and there's rarely a problem. Last night seemed to bring out the worst in some people unfortunatley, it was a bit depressing.
i think you were quite close to me clampy, did you hear the guy continually shouting 'you fucking bradford retarded ******' over and over? he didnt stop for the whole of the match.
i dont know if these people actually ever assess themselves or are they too thick to realise the filth just regurgitating out of their mouth for the whole evening offends people!

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2013, 08:05:38 PM »
It was a semi final, people had been drinking and the team had a mare.
A recipe for trouble.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2013, 08:08:35 PM »
I go to a lot of aways and the fans are normally very good and there's rarely a problem. Last night seemed to bring out the worst in some people unfortunatley, it was a bit depressing.
i think you were quite close to me clampy, did you hear the guy continually shouting 'you fucking bradford retarded c***s' over and over? he didnt stop for the whole of the match.
i dont know if these people actually ever assess themselves or are they too thick to realise the filth just regurgitating out of their mouth for the whole evening offends people!

The only chap i heard on a regular basis shouted 'useless c****s' quite a lot. It may have been the same chap though. 

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2013, 08:12:07 PM »
Not condoning it but swearing goes with the territory.
This is football lads, it's not an afternoon at the tennis.

Offline jonavfcc

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2013, 08:14:02 PM »
I haven't been to many away games over the past few years, but I don't think I'll be going to too many more if yesterday evening is an indication of what I should expect.

It's really quite embarrassing watching quite a sizeable proportion of fans showing their "support" by breaking seats (wow - now that must really take a lot of imagination), throwing missiles onto the pitch (a lifetime ban is a good way of saving on those pricey match tickets, I suppose), getting into rather pathetic gesticulating competitions with opposition fans (it's what my 5-year old son is currently growing out of) and 'encouraging' our own Villa team by screaming/baying "you scottish c***!" at regular intervals. Another contributor has also reported fights between Villa fans.

How can we complain about other supporters causing damage to Villa Park if our lot are just as guilty of mindless vandalism? Next time the Police do something unreasonable to innocent Villa fans, how do we have any sort of recourse to their actions if a significant proportion of our rabble behave in the fashion detailed above?

You know who you are. Grow up, stop dragging our glorious name through the mud and let's show other football fans how to support a team, rather than give a lesson how to drag one down.

I stopped reading after the first line

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2013, 08:14:43 PM »

True, but it was for nearly the whole 90 minutes. He was the kind of person you did'nt want to stand behind.

Offline andyaston

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2013, 08:18:27 PM »
I haven't been to many away games over the past few years, but I don't think I'll be going to too many more if yesterday evening is an indication of what I should expect.

It's really quite embarrassing watching quite a sizeable proportion of fans showing their "support" by breaking seats (wow - now that must really take a lot of imagination), throwing missiles onto the pitch (a lifetime ban is a good way of saving on those pricey match tickets, I suppose), getting into rather pathetic gesticulating competitions with opposition fans (it's what my 5-year old son is currently growing out of) and 'encouraging' our own Villa team by screaming/baying "you scottish c***!" at regular intervals. Another contributor has also reported fights between Villa fans.

How can we complain about other supporters causing damage to Villa Park if our lot are just as guilty of mindless vandalism? Next time the Police do something unreasonable to innocent Villa fans, how do we have any sort of recourse to their actions if a significant proportion of our rabble behave in the fashion detailed above?

You know who you are. Grow up, stop dragging our glorious name through the mud and let's show other football fans how to support a team, rather than give a lesson how to drag one down.

I stopped reading after the first line
Why did you?

Offline andrew08

• GM : 12.09.2021
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2013, 08:18:41 PM »
I got pulled by the guy next to me for calling Bannan a useless Scottish something or other. I'm fairly certain I didn't swear either. But the guy asked me what a players nationality had to do with him being useless in a quite strong Scottish accent! I instantly apologised to him as I didn't want to cause offence to a fellow fan.
I was also otherwise occupied to have a long debate with someone about Scotland's current standing in the world of footy and how being described as Scottish says more eloquently than any four letter word the quality of Bannans performance, not even withstanding his actual place of birth.

Offline MonsXI

Offline rutski

« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2013, 08:21:58 PM »

True, but it was for nearly the whole 90 minutes. He was the kind of person you did'nt want to stand behind.
he continually shouted it from the first to the last second at OUR players. and even if you think it is appropriate behaviour i dont ever see a disclaimer on my ticket saying 'come to the football and say what the hell you want'. if you think no one should have any standards then you are no worse than him. you dont expect a decent human being to behave that way, there is no need!

Offline eastie

« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2013, 08:22:35 PM »
I got pulled by the guy next to me for calling Bannan a useless Scottish something or other. I'm fairly certain I didn't swear either. But the guy asked me what a players nationality had to do with him being useless in a quite strong Scottish accent! I instantly apologised to him as I didn't want to cause offence to a fellow fan.
I was also otherwise occupied to have a long debate with someone about Scotland's current standing in the world of footy and how being described as Scottish says more eloquently than any four letter word the quality of Bannans performance, not even withstanding his actual place of birth.

At least you got pulled so you didn't have a wasted journey!

Offline jonavfcc

« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2013, 08:26:48 PM »

Offline rutski

« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2013, 08:29:19 PM »
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=188378251308080&set=a.176772782468627.61665.176735465805692&type=1&comment_id=354157&notif_t=photo_reply

Another instance of the dickhead minority in our support!

Can you explain how thats a dickhead minority in our support?

Cheers
yeah, i will. filthy racist scumbags! do you support most of the comments?

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2013, 08:29:23 PM »
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=188378251308080&set=a.176772782468627.61665.176735465805692&type=1&comment_id=354157&notif_t=photo_reply

Another instance of the dickhead minority in our support!

Can you explain how thats a dickhead minority in our support?

Cheers
Some of the responses to that picture are a disgrace.  "Smelly slag" by one Reece AVFC Bailey foremost among them.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal