collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dunne and Warnock  (Read 15940 times)

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
Re: Dunne and Warnock
« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2013, 08:21:55 AM »
Warnock / Dunne / Hutton / Ireland - if I were manager there is no way that they would get near the 1st Team.

I was told by a certain player that after Warnock scored that own goal, he was smiling!, he could not care less about OUR Football club

We need to get rid of these players ASAP.

Well he was directly facing me and he certainly wasn't smiling he had his head in his hands. He also didn't hide after it happened and had a good game for the remainder

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2013, 08:26:32 AM »
Can't say i want either of them back. Warnock seemed to have some sort of on-pitch breakdown at one stage. Not sure i want that sort of personality stuck in the team with the kids. Dunne is basically a shining beacon of unprofessionalism who's lifestyle seems to be catching up with him now. Again i'm not sure i want some beer/pasty monster who gets into fights with the coaching staff in the mix.  By all means buy some old heads who can lead by example but i'm pretty sure both of them are examples of how not to do it.

Absolutely spot on mate.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2013, 08:27:44 AM »
I thought Warnock was a woeful left back, he really was at times shocking. He did ok in midfield towards the end of last season though so i would'nt be against throwing him in there if it came to it.

Hutton on the other hand would make an already dodgy defence worse.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2013, 08:56:37 AM »
I don't want Warnock and Hutton in the team. They had their chance and did not impress. Lowton has been ok, Bennett has been shite and Stevens has been average. I'd try Stevens at LB for a bit.

Offline peter w

« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2013, 09:02:37 AM »
i can see some sense in putting Warnock in the midfield but wasn't he frozen out more because of his damaging influence in the dresing-room last season? If so why bring him back in now? Dunne would go in but Hutton? He's shite and no improvement at all.

I don't see that Lambert is being stubborn but when you have decided that a player is destructive and another just not good enough (Warnock and Hutton) then what does that say to teh outside world, and to teh team, that you throw them back in? That you're flexible or that your weak and you are liable to make decisions that you have to overturn when things aren't going well. We need knew players coming in not teh same rubbish ones that had us in the same position last year.

lambert should not bring anyone but Dunne back and Dune would be playing if he wasn't injured. I have some sympathy with Lambert here as we would be having Vlaar and Dunne playing at the back if all was okay with injuries. I don't think he could have foreseen Dunne being out since the summer, or Vlaar being out for a couple of months. There's no doubt he's, and the club, are working on something. But selling clubs can see we need players so will try and raise the price and try to hold us to hostage. Yes, we need them in fast but we shouldn't be paying stupid money for players of a certain standard. that's what got us into this mess the first time.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal