collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 06:51:04 PM]

Re: FFP by Somniloquism
[Today at 06:50:22 PM]

Re: FFP by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 06:48:48 PM]

Re: FFP by Somniloquism
[Today at 06:44:10 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Exeter 77
[Today at 06:32:41 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Villa in Denmark
[Today at 06:32:28 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 06:32:23 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Paul.S
[Today at 06:29:35 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dunne and Warnock  (Read 15869 times)

Offline villajk

• GM : June, 2013
Re: Dunne and Warnock
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2013, 09:33:09 PM »
One thing which comes across from Lambert loud and clear is his stubbornness.   

Indeed. In fact, he's starting to remind me of someone...

Another thing that was said at the game last night and  I actually think he's morphing into you know who.

Offline Nastylee

« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2013, 10:15:12 PM »
Warnock - yes he had his problems but I don't think he was nearly as bad as some tried to make out. He always gave 100% so I could never understand the accusation that he didn't care. Would certainly be happier with him there than our current options. Don't understand what he's done to warrant his treatment. Same for Hutton, whatever you think of them as players to put them with the kids simply because they are big earners is shabby. As for match fitness, both have been playing on loan so they are good to go but can't see Lambert going there.

Dunne - Again, I think something is not right. He played all through the Euros then suddenly injured forever. Also, last week he was be strongly linked with a move to the MLS. If he's injured then why is he being touted for transfer? Whatever you say about the defence we had 12 months ago, it pisses all over what we have to offer now. Do you think Collins and Dunne would have conceded those goals last night? Possibly but probably not.

Offline Rancid custard

« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2013, 10:19:17 PM »
[
Warnock - yes he had his problems but I don't think he was nearly as bad as some tried to make out. He always gave 100% so I could never understand the accusation that he didn't care. Would certainly be happier with him there than our current options. Don't understand what he's done to warrant his treatment.

[/quote]

oh to be a fly on the wall. I agree, although his form has always been up and down, he's a level headed player who for the most part always made the right decision while on the ball.

Offline mr woo

« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2013, 10:53:54 PM »
One thing which comes across from Lambert loud and clear is his stubbornness.   He is not the kind of man who has the word flexibility or pragmatism in any part of his brain that he uses.

Sadly Brian, I fear you're right. He burned his bridges far too quickly over Warnock, Hutton and Collins. He isolated Bent, when all he needed was a kick up the arse and he's blindly following this transfer policy of <here comes that cliche again> 'young and hungry' over experience.

Please Paul, its ok to change tact, no-one will think any less of you.

Offline Summers

« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2013, 10:55:09 PM »
Wouldn't want Hutton back, because Lowton is good, on the bench maybe. Warnock & Dunne however would be straight in if it were up to me.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2013, 11:03:15 PM »
I'm starting to wonder if lambert just has a really, really small penis.

Offline mr woo

« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2013, 11:08:21 PM »
I agree Summers. I'd pick Lowton over Hutton in a settled side but when you are forced to play Baker and Clark as a centre pairing I reckon Warnock and Hutton on either side of them would make a more solid back four.

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2013, 11:44:20 PM »
Regarding Hutton and Warnock, does anyone know how well they actually performed whilst away?

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2013, 12:07:02 AM »
Is Zat Knight playing at the minute?

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2013, 12:14:34 AM »
Down the left I would be tempted to put Bennett on the wing with Warnock behind him. Bennett is fast, can cross and likes going forward. It might give us a bit of balance.

Lowton is 10 times the footballer Hutton is. If Hutton could play centre half I would consider it, but he can't.

richtheholtender

« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2013, 12:15:21 AM »
Is Zat Knight playing at the minute?

You joking? We Laursen back

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2013, 12:38:34 AM »
The one player we really are missing from last season is Heskey. He'd be worth his place in the side right now just for his defensive work on corners. Ideally swap him for Benteke once the ball crosses the halfway line, although last night he'd have done a better job in both boxes!

Offline supertom

« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2013, 08:03:09 AM »
If Lambert can get Warnock close to back to his best, then I'd have no qualms. In all truth, even if he's a busted flush now, he's still the best LB on our books sadly.
I know it's early but Bennett looks bobbins. Boro fans were happy to see him go for the fee we paid, where-as Sheff Utd and Crewe were sad to see Lowton and Westy go (albeit happy to have the money). I think that says something.
He may come good, but we need players performing now, not hoping beyond hope they will in a couple of years.

Offline sid1964

« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2013, 08:11:45 AM »
Warnock / Dunne / Hutton / Ireland - if I were manager there is no way that they would get near the 1st Team.

I was told by a certain player that after Warnock scored that own goal, he was smiling!, he could not care less about OUR Football club

We need to get rid of these players ASAP.

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2013, 08:21:26 AM »
Can't say i want either of them back. Warnock seemed to have some sort of on-pitch breakdown at one stage. Not sure i want that sort of personality stuck in the team with the kids. Dunne is basically a shining beacon of unprofessionalism who's lifestyle seems to be catching up with him now. Again i'm not sure i want some beer/pasty monster who gets into fights with the coaching staff in the mix.  By all means buy some old heads who can lead by example but i'm pretty sure both of them are examples of how not to do it.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal