collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dunne and Warnock  (Read 15951 times)

Offline Mortimer's Bear

• GM : 30.05.2019
Re: Dunne and Warnock
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2013, 06:27:19 PM »
Both out of contract in the summer. Can't see them playing for us again.

More fools us then.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2013, 06:31:03 PM »
Both out of contract in the summer. Can't see them playing for us again.

More fools us then.

Possibly.

Offline achilles

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2013, 06:31:39 PM »
After watching Bennett get taking to the cleaners by fourth division players last night, and knowing Stephens' inexperience, personally, shite as Warnock was the last couple of years, I'd put him back in the side now.

Either instead of Bennett or in front of him in midfield.

Completely agree.

Players like Warnock got  a lot of stick for not being good enough, but they were being compared to players at the level were expecting to match at the time.

I think it's fair to say that even if players weren't good enough in the past, it's time to reconsider.

Totally agree, but will Lambert re-consider his decision to ostracise Warnock, probably not and another point is Warnock actually match-fit?

Offline l_mckay

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2013, 06:32:51 PM »
Could really do with Dunne at the back right now,bit of experience and strength at the back,not too sure about Warnock

Offline Apyadg

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2013, 06:37:01 PM »
Is Warnock still being made to train with the kids?

Online David_Nab

• GM : 24.12.2015
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2013, 06:39:13 PM »
Is Warnock still being made to train with the kids?

Yeah and Hutton

Offline Apyadg

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2013, 06:44:42 PM »
That's absolutely insane.

I could understand trying to force them out over the summer, but you'd think once the window closes and we're paying them, you may as well give them a crack of the whip and see if they fight for a spot, especially considering some of the poor performances we've seen.

I'm not saying Warnock and Hutton would solve all of our problems, by any means, but what have they done to piss PL off so much they don't even get to show what they can do in training...

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2013, 06:59:27 PM »
I love how players out of the team suddenly become good!

Aye, I think everybody has forgotten how downright abysmal Warnock was last season. We are so terrible that I wouldn't be against Dunne coming back into the side (though I doubt he'll be fit quickly enough) but Warnock is no better than Bennett and doesn't even have inexperience as an excuse.

Offline Dribbler

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2013, 07:16:16 PM »
I love how players out of the team suddenly become good!

Aye, I think everybody has forgotten how downright abysmal Warnock was last season. We are so terrible that I wouldn't be against Dunne coming back into the side (though I doubt he'll be fit quickly enough) but Warnock is no better than Bennett and doesn't even have inexperience as an excuse.

Warnock is a far better player than Bennett, yes he had a mare for a few games last year, but this is a player that not so long ago was part of one of the best defences in the EPL and was getting England call ups. Bennett may develop into a very good player (though not seen any indications of this yet) but at the moment he is a liability, and much more so than Warnock ever was. Other teams are targetting Bennett now and that position has become the achilles heel of the team.

If we're not going to get someone new in for that position, it would IMO be crazy not to get him back in the fold for the rest of the season.

Offline PONGO49

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2013, 07:19:03 PM »
I used to moan about Dunne and Warnock for there effort, they seem to become better players with there absents, bring back Hutton aswell

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2013, 07:19:55 PM »
I would prefer to see two new players bought instead of having to rely on Dunne and Warnock again.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 08:28:44 PM by tomd2103 »

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2013, 07:23:43 PM »
I can understand the short-term appeal but for Lambert it would be like admitting defeat wouldn't it?  Bringing back some of the previously frozen out under-performing high earners to replace the kids that he himself had chosen.

I'd say it's more likely that we'll see new signings come in rather than ask the likes of Hutton and Warnock to help us out.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2013, 08:18:48 PM »
One thing which comes across from Lambert loud and clear is his stubbornness.   He is not the kind of man who has the word flexibility or pragmatism in any part of his brain that he uses.

Online TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2013, 08:25:33 PM »
I'd love to know what has been going on at VP. My guess is that some of the mentioned players are arseholes and also that Randy sees the club as an expensive mistake

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2013, 09:31:23 PM »
One thing which comes across from Lambert loud and clear is his stubbornness.   

Indeed. In fact, he's starting to remind me of someone...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal