collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Herd and Holman  (Read 33140 times)

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
Re: Herd and Holman
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2013, 08:27:15 PM »
Like i said Eastie, some players adapt quicker than others. Nani at Man Utd took an age before he finallly settled. Bale did'nt do anything at Spurs for 18 months or so. Petrov took a couple of seasons as well. It happens. They might not be good enough in the long run who knows, but it's a bit to early to write them off completely yet.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2013, 08:29:38 PM »
Some players never adapt, and find their level, like Darren Huckerby for example...

Offline neo_Villan

« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2013, 08:33:57 PM »
Thought Holman was good v Norwich also in the League Cup.
Only in the first half. Sadly he didn't build on that performance either. Rarely offers anything offensively other then the occasional decent 25 yard strike. The Dutch league really must be shit if he was considered a good playmaker over there. 

Offline Clampy

« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2013, 08:36:41 PM »
I can't say i've been over impressed with either if i'm honest but i'm happy to give them another season before i totally write them off.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2013, 08:37:00 PM »
I think Holman will be off this summer.

Offline neo_Villan

« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2013, 08:38:24 PM »
Like i said Eastie, some players adapt quicker than others. Nani at Man Utd took an age before he finallly settled. Bale did'nt do anything at Spurs for 18 months or so. Petrov took a couple of seasons as well. It happens. They might not be good enough in the long run who knows, but it's a bit to early to write them off completely yet.
Problem is that KEA and Holman are in their late 20s. So time not really on their side.

Offline Clampy

« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2013, 08:51:49 PM »

Problem is that KEA and Holman are in their late 20s. So time not really on their side.

That's a fair point. I'd still like to see what they can do next season though.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2013, 08:57:03 PM »
I think Holman will be off this summer.

Me too.

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2013, 09:34:12 PM »
With KEA there's been evidence of potential and given a bit more time in a team that isn't struggling desperately then I think he might be OK. Holman if I'm honest, I'd forgotten about - he's been pretty annoymous. Worth persisting with both for a bit longer but like others, suspect Holman will be off this summer regardless.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2013, 10:08:55 PM »
Who would buy Holman apart from a dutch club? Same for KEA.

Offline neo_Villan

« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2013, 10:31:05 PM »
With KEA there's been evidence of potential and given a bit more time in a team that isn't struggling desperately then I think he might be OK. Holman if I'm honest, I'd forgotten about - he's been pretty annoymous. Worth persisting with both for a bit longer but like others, suspect Holman will be off this summer regardless.
This.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2013, 11:11:45 PM »
I rather like Holman. I hope he comes good.

Offline PaulMcGrathsNo5Shirt

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2013, 11:14:06 AM »
Holman, Bannan and KEA all have two many flaws in their game to be Premiership central midfielders. If only we could combine them we have the bloody good central midfielder we desperately need.

Offline Dave P

« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2013, 11:36:07 AM »
This may be harsh, but I've always compared Holman to the type of player small heath would have signed circa 2002 when they were new to the Prem.  Works hard, runs around a lot but lacks any quality needed at the top level.

Of course I want him to come good but I do think he is very limited.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2013, 09:58:50 PM »
This may be harsh, but I've always compared Holman to the type of player small heath would have signed circa 2002 when they were new to the Prem.  Works hard, runs around a lot but lacks any quality needed at the top level.

Of course I want him to come good but I do think he is very limited.

No surprise the manager that signed him!

In fairness he looked good for AZ in some of the european games they played and he did look o.k for a bit of the first half of the season. I think he's another one who's been affected by the chelsea game as his form has been non-existant since.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal