collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: If we did not have bad luck - would we have any at all?  (Read 5055 times)

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
If we did not have bad luck - would we have any at all?
« on: January 09, 2013, 08:22:21 AM »
As awful as we were last night and for most of the season it is not unotciable that when times are tough lady luck does tend to leave you

Last night we started like a train and but for wasteful finishing, yes you Benteke (anyone else feel that the more press he gets for goalscoring the more the inevitible "i want to play champs league" will surface) could have been comfortably 2/3 up. Then on almost thier first attack a crappy half arsed shot from outside the box deflects straight to a player to slot in. As crap as we were we still created loads of chances but everything either became half chances or straight at the keeper etc
Even at 2-1 down we then have the Bent chance and complain as much as we like about how he should have finished it you just know that if that was the other end it would have dropped perfectly for one of their players.

It also seems that almost every time a team gets a chance against us it falls perfectly for them

Maybe i am just clutching at strwas and we really are that shit but all season there has been not a lot of fortune for us - maybe TSM brought that curse with him from the dog shit the bastard

Offline MarkM

Re: If we did not have bad luck - would we have any at all?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 08:24:36 AM »
Last night wasn't bad luck, they were better than we were where it mattered

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 08:24:46 AM »
Luck has nothing to do with the awful defending for the second and third goals though

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 08:29:44 AM »
Luck is not a factor in this shambles.

Offline andrew08

• GM : 12.09.2021
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2013, 08:38:56 AM »
Their goalie made some great saves its true, but only in the same way as Given or Guzan would have to do a world class performance for us to win at Man U for example.

As good as Benteke is or will be, he was relatively cheap and you get what you pay for. Van Persie probably would have got a hat trick last night but cost 4 times as much.

Offline Boz

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2013, 08:50:10 AM »
We should have been out of sight if only a couple of the chances had been put away. It's seeming pretty obvious Weimann is our best taker of chances than the other forwards but he was playing wide early on. N'Zogbia spoilt much of his work because of his selfishness, shooting when a pass would have been a better option.

We have strikers who promise much but are inconsistent and lack of goals increases pressure on a dodgy defence as we saw all to clearly last night.

All is not lost, but Lambert and his coaches need to earn their corn.

Offline QBVILLA

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2013, 08:52:34 AM »
Their keeper had a blinder and yes we didn't get the rub of the green in the box. However, Bradford fully deserved their victory. The desire shown by their centre half for the third goal epitomised what they were about. For all of the praise Benteke has received this season he deserves fcuking for that third goal. I can only see us getting to the final if we score 4 or 5 in the second leg because I can't see this Villa side keeping a clean sheet. On the whole the team embarrassed the club last night and the only way to put that right is to show us on the pitch that it hurts them as much as it does us fans.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2013, 08:54:36 AM »
Luck is not a factor in this shambles.

0-8, 0-4 and 0-3 isn't about luck! Just admit that we are utter rubbish!

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2013, 08:55:09 AM »
We should have scored five or six easily, but we didn't thanks to awful finishing. Couple that with abysmal defending and you will inveriably get beat.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2013, 08:58:51 AM »
We had a bit of luck at Swansea when the kept hitting the woodwork. Whatever it is, I'm fucking sick of being let down.

Offline Ron Manager

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2013, 09:00:07 AM »
Their goalie made some great saves its true, but only in the same way as Given or Guzan would have to do a world class performance for us to win at Man U for example.

As good as Benteke is or will be, he was relatively cheap and you get what you pay for. Van Persie probably would have got a hat trick last night but cost 4 times as much.

Their goalkeeper didnt make any 'great saves' he made a few blocks with his body and legs. We couldnt defend and were wasteful with our chances. Benteke was totally responsible for their third goal.

However there was a great atmosphere and I believe we will win and win well at Villa Park.

I thought N'Zogbia played well  but the our manager doesnt inspire confidence does he. Either verbally or with his non performance on the touchline.

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2013, 09:12:16 AM »
We should have scored five or six easily, but we didn't thanks to awful finishing

Exactly what we were saying last night. There's a difference between bad luck and bad finishing.

I'm not so sure that their 'keeper had a blinder at all. Most of our attempts were either straight at him, at a catchable height or were weak shots which he collected easily. If he'd have let any of those in he'd have been criticised.

Fucking rubbish, Villa

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2013, 09:22:13 AM »
In response to Hookeysmith injuries apart i think we have been pretty lucky on the pitch, should have been three down before we scored against 'The Mighty Reds YNWA' and have just watched the Swansea match again and except in patches they played us off the park, if we had won it would have been a minor miracle.

Offline pedro25

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2013, 09:27:49 AM »
Our luck with injuries has been appalling, just as a few players begin to return suddenly Holman and Herd are nowhere to be seen (I presume injured) and Bent goes off injured.  Albrighton went off injured on Sat, Westwood in the previous match I think and we've been without Vlaar for a couple of months now and Petrov, Dunne and Gardner all season.

Luck on the pitch, I'm not sure, they were composed and clinical with their chances we snatched at ours, well done them.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2013, 09:34:35 AM »
Luck isn't the issue, it's an appalling defence, midfield and having no character that is the problem.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal