collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: it just bloody hurts  (Read 6750 times)

Offline richard moore

• GM : Jan, 2013
Re: it just bloody hurts
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2013, 12:52:48 PM »
I am still numbed by the result on Tuesday. I actually gave up dinner out in London with colleagues - which made me appear quite rude - to find a pub to watch this all on my lonesome with the music not turned down sufficiently to enable me to hear the commentary. Which is perhaps just as well! I have also felt very tired all this week and I'm sure it's down to the sheer exhaustion of being put through this almost every week. It's a tiredness and niggledy bad temper which seems to underpin everything else and which I can't shake off

Offline He wears a magic hat

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2013, 01:12:13 PM »
26 days ago we all had that feeling that we had finally turned the corner and that things were looking slightly better and thoughts of relegation could finally be banished. Norwich and Liverpool had been put to the sword and although we probably rode our luck a bit in both games there was enough there to be positive about the remainder of the season.

God knows whats happened since then, the pasting at Chelsea was so severe that I think it may have damaged some of the lads for good.  They look shot to pieces as they trooped off heads bowed in shame on Tuesday.

In all my years I can't remember a set of results grouped so close together that they have destroyed the spirit of our club.

But I am convinced that I saw enough before the Chelsea game to suggest that with a little backing from the board we can turn this disasterous run around and finish the season well enough not to be relegated.

As much as it is hurting now the board and Lambert can turn this round with a couple of inspired signing.

Keep the faith

Offline placeforparks

• GM : PCM
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2013, 01:33:17 PM »
There is a way out of our current situation and (apart from throwing money at it) we can do it through showing character, digging deep and believing.  Just getting behind the players will give them an extra yard and that extra bit of belief.  Encourage the lads and don't let them allow themselves to drop their heads.

the bigger issue is since petrov's diagnosis, there is no leader in the dressing room or on the pitch. there is no one helping the kids out when their heads drop.

the crowd can play their part, but we need to sign some bollocks for the run-in.

Offline Chrisupnorth

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2013, 01:40:54 PM »
First things first: If Man Utd want any of our youngsters they can do one.  Let's get this small-time mentality away from our club once and for all.

There is a way out of our current situation and (apart from throwing money at it) we can do it through showing character, digging deep and believing.  Just getting behind the players will give them an extra yard and that extra bit of belief.  Encourage the lads and don't let them allow themselves to drop their heads.

By and large they've done well, but these kids need more than a bit of extra support from the stands BW.  Too many are looking like rabbits in the headlights right now.  Their confidence is shot and they need the help of a few old heads on the pitch.  Otherwise there will be one inevitable outcome to this season - relegation.

Offline Kingthing

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2013, 01:46:19 PM »
The lads/Lerner/Lambert need to do something to give me a lift at the moment.

Take 4000 tickets at Millwall and put on free coaches.

Offline Simon Ward

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2013, 01:50:06 PM »
Bradford have sold their allocation for the second leg apparently!

Online Clampy

« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2013, 01:52:06 PM »

I'm not surprised after the other night.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2013, 01:52:37 PM »

Part timers.

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2013, 01:59:57 PM »
bought my ticket for the 2nd leg before we lost at Bradford and of course I'm disappointed we lost obviously, but we could of been 2/3 up in the first 15 mins of the 1st half and similary in the 2nd....BUT we cannot keep squandering chances and hope the opposition does not score from set pieces when we don't defend them properly(Oi..Lambert show the lads a video of the Sturk game)...

I am optimistic for the return leg and if we can rub out their advantage in the 1st half...I'm pretty sure we will go through...

UTV
The Doc

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2013, 02:00:15 PM »
Their biggest game ever in everyone of their fan's living memory.  The are entitled to their day, a shame we are going to ruin it for them.

Online stubbsyandy

« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2013, 02:04:35 PM »
bought my ticket for the 2nd leg before we lost at Bradford and of course I'm disappointed we lost obviously, but we could of been 2/3 up in the first 15 mins of the 1st half and similary in the 2nd....BUT we cannot keep squandering chances and hope the opposition does not score from set pieces when we don't defend them properly(Oi..Lambert show the lads a video of the Sturk game)...

I am optimistic for the return leg and if we can rub out their advantage in the 1st half...I'm pretty sure we will go through...

UTV
The Doc

You are right Doc, our defence against Stoke was great as a team and has not been replicated since!

Online Clampy

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2013, 02:12:44 PM »

UTV
The Doc

You are right Doc, our defence against Stoke was great as a team and has not been replicated since!

We did defend well against Stoke and up at Liverpool when we went a goal in front. We looked more like our old self at Swansea in the second half but like i said on another thread, it's one step forward and two steps back at the moment.

Offline Villain1874

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2013, 02:18:42 PM »
I know it hurts mate...
What I'm doing is going to Rangers articles on Sky Sports and telling their fans that their club is not welcome in the English leagues, and their only after our money told them to apply for the French or Dutch leagues, waiting for Sky to post any replies to my comments,  :o
I know it's immature but it makes me feel better knowing there are clubs out there going through more crap than us..
Keep the faith...

Offline eastie

« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2013, 02:18:48 PM »
Maybe Guzan needs to play in the 2nd leg as we seem a bit more organised with him in goal at corners , he seems to command the box a bit more .

Online Billy Walker

« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2013, 02:35:18 PM »
First things first: If Man Utd want any of our youngsters they can do one.  Let's get this small-time mentality away from our club once and for all.

By and large they've done well, but these kids need more than a bit of extra support from the stands BW.  Too many are looking like rabbits in the headlights right now.  Their confidence is shot and they need the help of a few old heads on the pitch.  Otherwise there will be one inevitable outcome to this season - relegation.

Yep, I agree.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal