collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: it just bloody hurts  (Read 6749 times)

Offline Colhint

• GM : 02.12.2016
it just bloody hurts
« on: January 08, 2013, 11:58:01 PM »
laughing stock once again. 1967 was my first game, I have seen high's and lows, but the last month hurts like shite. can't see much future. The kids are good individuals by and large, but their confidence has gone. I saw Bannan last season in the warm up taking free kicks at the goal, all great, in the top corner. Guzan made a point of going up to him and saying well done, I see Andi as a big player, I thought Clark was wanted by Man u a while back. But now its just shite shite shite. Don't think I have been so low for ages

Offline Billy Walker

Re: it just bloody hurts
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 12:20:04 AM »
First things first: If Man Utd want any of our youngsters they can do one.  Let's get this small-time mentality away from our club once and for all.

There is a way out of our current situation and (apart from throwing money at it) we can do it through showing character, digging deep and believing.  Just getting behind the players will give them an extra yard and that extra bit of belief.  Encourage the lads and don't let them allow themselves to drop their heads.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 12:21:41 AM »
First things first: If Man Utd want any of our youngsters they can do one.  Let's get this small-time mentality away from our club once and for all.

There is a way out of our current situation and (apart from throwing money at it) we can do it through showing character, digging deep and believing.  Just getting behind the players will give them an extra yard and that extra bit of belief.  Encourage the lads and don't let them allow themselves to drop their heads.

We always hear things like that, but even when the support is excellent, the team don't lift themselves in response. 

Offline Billy Walker

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 01:54:12 AM »

We always hear things like that, but even when the support is excellent, the team don't lift themselves in response. 

Gotta keep believing Rissbert.  The team, in that situation, just needs that flash of luck, a deflected goal or something like that, to get themselves going.  One thing's for sure, a shitty, moany poisonous Villa Park will not help us achieve what we all want - a confident, winning Villa team.  We have to keep believing and lifting the lads.

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2013, 02:03:09 AM »
We do have to get behind them but there's nothing wrong with a good moan tonight.
Time to stop talking about the players as if they are kids who have to supplement their income with a paper round. They are all on more money that most, probably all, of us and they need to give value for money.

Offline villajk

• GM : June, 2013
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2013, 02:37:14 AM »

Gotta keep believing Rissbert.  The team, in that situation, just needs that flash of luck, a deflected goal or something like that, to get themselves going.  One thing's for sure, a shitty, moany poisonous Villa Park will not help us achieve what we all want - a confident, winning Villa team.  We have to keep believing and lifting the lads.

While I agree with you, Billy, we only got home 40 minutes ago, I'm tired, cold and totally pissed off.  The lads/Lerner/Lambert need to do something to give me a lift at the moment.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2013, 03:29:18 AM »

While I agree with you, Billy, we only got home 40 minutes ago, I'm tired, cold and totally pissed off.  The lads/Lerner/Lambert need to do something to give me a lift at the moment.

Yes. Fuck the flags, they should give out class A drugs.

Offline David_Nab

• GM : 24.12.2015
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2013, 04:36:48 AM »
Its 4.30 i cant sleep..the utter dissappoint of the last year or so of the club just goes over and over in my head
Im going to go work soon and here the familier comment ..what happened to villa Dave said with suprise and pity.I'll shrug my shoulders say I dont know ..I have no answer to give.Honestly I m worn out I cant find anything positive to say.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 07:23:14 AM by David_Nab »

Online Steve kirk

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2013, 06:48:27 AM »
Its 4.30 i cant sleep..the utter dissappoint of the last year or so of the club just goes over and over in my head
Im going to go work soon and here the familier comment ..what happened to villa Dave said we suprise and pity.I'll shrug my shoulders say I dont know ..I have no answer to give.Honestly I m worn out I cant find anything positive to say.

Exactly as I am feeling.

Offline VancouverLion

• GM : 24.01.2016
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2013, 07:10:49 AM »
I hear you, dreading work tomorrow, again!! What's the world coming to when I'm getting piss taking from a Bolton, Wigan and a fkin MK Dons fan, here in vancouver FFS!  How shit have we become.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2013, 07:12:14 AM »
Im going to go work soon and here the familier comment ..what happened to villa Dave said we suprise and pity.I'll shrug my shoulders say I dont know ..I have no answer to give.Honestly I m worn out I cant find anything positive to say.

Yep, same here.

Offline Mortimer's Bear

• GM : 30.05.2019
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2013, 07:19:24 AM »

We do need to get behind them but after the last 4 weeks we've endured we're entitled to give them a round of fucks. I really struggle to afford tickets since I got a mortgage and became a dad yet I still manage to get to most home game's and sitting there watching such inept performances week after week fucking hurts. I'll never turn my back on AVFC as it truly is a bond for life but when they continue to let me down in such a spineless manner I want them to know it.

I just hope they care enough to be hurting too.

Offline gnrpoison

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2013, 11:02:15 PM »
While last night was annoying and incredibly frustrating, it still didn't stop me from ordering my second leg tickets this morning. I am confident we can do it and if anyone remembers the blacburn semi final we were leading from the 1st leg and fucked up the away goals in the first 20 mins by going 2 nil down at Villa Park(if I remember correctly), so the first leg can be cancelled out quite easily. It will be difficult and an early goal for us is vital as if the longer we go and we don't score, then I can see some of the side unsettling but hopefully it will be a fantastic night for us like Tranmere, Arsenal and Blackburn were.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2013, 11:09:45 PM »

Yes. Fuck the flags, they should give out class A drugs.

FFS. This is supposed to be a moaning thread. You've just made me laugh for the first time in 24 hours.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2013, 12:43:40 PM »
Ordered my tickets for the home leg this morning.  Hope springs eternal and all that guff.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal