collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Concrete Ron  (Read 395523 times)

Offline TB

• GM : 08.06.2024
Re: Concrete Ron
« Reply #2370 on: December 09, 2015, 11:31:22 PM »
A squad of average players would have us in an average position. I'd say that our players currently well below average hence why we are a pile of steaming shite.

Agreed, provided that you actually have an adequate actual manager in charge....

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #2371 on: December 09, 2015, 11:47:17 PM »
I always maintained that when he was not carrying an injury he was very good. There were rumblings though, when he was injured the first time that he was somewhat reticent to return and our training staff were not impressed.

The truth is, if he was not injury prone, we would not have got him. All of our acquisitions are flawed in some way. The majority of the latest batch are very good players in my opinion, but the flaw is that they will take time to adapt to the BPL given their age and experience. We don't have time. 

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #2372 on: August 01, 2016, 12:56:49 PM »
In yesterday's Times there was a snippet of an interview with Ron Vlaar.  Anyone know where the full version might be as the bit published suggested he was talking in a degree of depth about the club/squad?

To paraphrase he said that the squad at Villa was dysfunctional whereby the default response to being dropped was for the player to moan and whinge whereas - previously in his career - this would be the signal to double their efforts in training.  I appreciate he may have an agenda here, so a pinch of salt probably required, however it does seem to support the theory that there is a rotten culture at the club.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #2373 on: August 01, 2016, 08:09:42 PM »
In yesterday's Times there was a snippet of an interview with Ron Vlaar.  Anyone know where the full version might be as the bit published suggested he was talking in a degree of depth about the club/squad?

To paraphrase he said that the squad at Villa was dysfunctional whereby the default response to being dropped was for the player to moan and whinge whereas - previously in his career - this would be the signal to double their efforts in training.  I appreciate he may have an agenda here, so a pinch of salt probably required, however it does seem to support the theory that there is a rotten culture at the club.

And by and large they are all still there. You don't get 17pts in a season and be shit for 5 years solid without there being something seriously wrong at the heart of it all.

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #2374 on: August 01, 2016, 09:53:24 PM »

There wasnt a full version

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #2375 on: August 01, 2016, 09:57:03 PM »

I was thinking that they've extracted a the juicy bit from another longer, probably dutch, publication but maybe not.  Nothing came up when I googled it at lunch.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #2376 on: August 02, 2016, 11:23:03 AM »

I was thinking that they've extracted a the juicy bit from another longer, probably dutch, publication but maybe not.  Nothing came up when I googled it at lunch.

You Googled Dutch publications at work? Brave man.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal