collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Somniloquism
[Today at 11:52:22 AM]

150 celebrations by Dogtanian
[Today at 11:41:56 AM]

NSWE Investment by The Edge
[Today at 11:41:17 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by chrisw1
[Today at 11:40:35 AM]

Peter McParland 90 today by Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air
[Today at 11:32:10 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by lovejoy
[Today at 11:26:04 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 11:24:30 AM]

Champions League Contention by chrisw1
[Today at 11:01:23 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Our upstart neighbours from the Black Country cashing in on our slump  (Read 3978 times)

Offline WythallVillain

As much as I hate to say this think we could have a few years in the shadow of Albion.
For what it's worth I don't really know if that would be such a bad thing. For one, hasn't it been boring having utter dominaance over our neighbours for 30 years making us feel so superior to them? Also, being a so so midsizeclub can you ever really see them winning anything or even finishing in a European position?
We are in the worst mess that I've known at Villa Park since Billy McNeil was in charge and it isn't going to get better soon. Our accounts will show a right can of worms and I don't know if we will stop up. For sure it will be a closer thing than last year.
Meanwhile, Albion have been investing well in their squad and their infrastructure - however, their piddly little ground is still a source of amusement.
Having a brother-in-law who is a Boggie, I've always quite liked them, except when they play us, but guess their re-emergence as a club will see us growing to dislike them more. Also, as the post attached shows they seem to be taking quite an interest in us now. Fairly balanced post and giving historical perspective on our place in the food chain, which I think most of us would agree with, until the last few paragraphs. However, as the Boggie realises we will still always be the biggest club in these parts.
All I know for sure I want to beat them more than ever when we meet them this month for more reasons than one. 
http://www.wbaunofficial.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=5122

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
Re: Our upstart neighbours from the Black Country cashing in on our slump
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 04:23:44 PM »
They'll never even come close to us - they know it and so do we.  The third biggest club in a city with 3 clubs.  Enough said.

Offline murfee

• GM : 15.05.2015
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 04:27:26 PM »
The biggest cheer from the home fans in a painful first half came when they applauded the clock hitting the eighth minute — in tribute to Chelsea’s 8-0 win over Aston Villa last week.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4721160/West-Brom-1-2-Fulham-Match-report-pictures-and-video-highlights.html#ixzz2H1aiysKp

This is why i want to beat them more than ever.They are becoming the new small heath..idiots

Offline WythallVillain

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 04:33:22 PM »
They'll never even come close to us - they know it and so do we.  The third biggest club in a city with 3 clubs.  Enough said.

To be fair I've always thought them bigger than Blues- mind you Im 50 so remember the rivalry well when I was a kid.
However, let them and Blues argue over who is the 2nd biggest club as there is one one true giant of the game round these parts.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 04:39:06 PM »
Aston Villa are "a bunch of shitcunts who deserve to go down to the conference and rot there for a long long time."

Charming.

Offline glasses

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2013, 04:40:55 PM »
An Albion fan brought the 8 minute thing up at work earlier, saying how it was funny. I just said I thought it was pathetic and small time, something I'd expect from Blues.

A small team from Smethwick, we know what they are.

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2013, 04:45:38 PM »
They are just a bunch of Supermarket Bag Wearing pond life, a couple of half decent seasons where they have won precisely fuck all by the way and they come out with this better club than yow.

They are best ignored.

Offline rutski

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2013, 04:48:43 PM »
They are just a bunch of Supermarket Bag Wearing pond life, a couple of half decent seasons where they have won precisely fuck all by the way and they come out with this better club than yow.

They are best ignored.
there is another thread on these twats. they are undeserving of a 2nd thread! mods please move

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2013, 05:38:03 PM »
West Bromwich who?

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2013, 06:05:09 PM »
Let em enjoy it. We will be back on top soon enough.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal