collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Paul Lambert press conference.  (Read 10891 times)

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
Re: Paul Lambert press conference.
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2013, 01:35:59 PM »
The most predictable thing from the football season is managers who sign International African players being surprised when said players have to go the Africa the play in a tournament that has being arranged for years.
Also re Bent - what happens if we sell him and Bentekke get injured?

Relying on Weimann and Gabby wouldn't be the end of the world, but we could certainly use a bit of back up.

Offline Can Gana Be Bettered!?!?

« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2013, 03:30:34 PM »
I still think Bent can play with Benteke. OK, he may not work as hard as Weimann, but if you can get him to put half the effort Weimann puts in then he's more than worthy of being in the starting eleven.

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2013, 05:31:52 PM »
I still think Bent can play with Benteke. OK, he may not work as hard as Weimann, but if you can get him to put half the effort Weimann puts in then he's more than worthy of being in the starting eleven.

Or just play Weimann.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2013, 06:37:07 PM »

I agree 100%. We might even see a goal or two.

Online ez

« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2013, 07:17:36 PM »
I think i'd let Agbonlahor go now. He's the least likely to score or create anything.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2013, 07:33:49 PM »
I think i'd let Agbonlahor go now. He's the least likely to score or create anything.
The only players I want to see go are the ones who don't give a shit about us. Gabby is not in that category, we could do with him fit tomorrow.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2013, 07:39:42 PM »

We're hardly bursting with alternatives are we? At least Gabby has a go.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2013, 07:52:32 PM »
Gabby needs to lose a few lbs, get fit, stay fit and start playing like the player he should have turned into.

Offline Apyadg

« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2013, 09:56:50 PM »
The only players I want to see go are the ones who don't give a shit about us. Gabby is not in that category, we could do with him fit tomorrow.

Do Bent, Weimann or Benteke not give a shit?

Gabby's last decent season was 09-10 I'd say. He's been played out of position a lot, admittedly, but there's no way he's ahead of the 3 others as a finisher, and he's shown he's not much good out wide. I'd give it a go and love the club, but I never get a game.

The lad's 26 and we still talk about potential. He's like the new Lee Hendrie.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 09:58:57 PM by Apyadg »

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2013, 10:03:15 PM »

Do Bent, Weimann or Benteke not give a shit?

Gabby's last decent season was 09-10 I'd say. He's been played out of position a lot, admittedly, but there's no way he's ahead of the 3 others as a finisher, and he's shown he's not much good out wide. I'd give it a go and love the club, but I never get a game.

The lad's 26 and we still talk about potential. He's like the new Lee Hendrie.

He was also Captain last season but did not raise his game or set the younger players any example. Admittedly we were under TSM and he did have a beef with him but it was still a let down.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2013, 10:41:33 PM »
I mean we need him at the moment, we need  every fit player possible to start performing. One thing with Gabby is he will work his bollocks off for us, track back and defend when called upon. He was hardly fit for the best part of last season due to injury.

To be honest the only two I would like to shifted out are Hutton and Warnock with replacements and more coming in. Hutton is a useless nutter and Warnock seems to be a troublemaker and prone to errors anyway. Selling Gabby would be madness.

Offline sonlyme

« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2013, 11:28:59 PM »
Daft to sell him to a rival but equally daft not to have used more him considering his goalscoring record.

I think you will find that DB requires service to score as he seems unable to pass or indeed beat a man.

Liverpool would be the ideal destination for say ..... £14 million.

Mr Lambert could then buy another two Benteke's and we could beat the daylights out of everyone.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal