collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Paul Lambert press conference.  (Read 10905 times)

Offline eastie

Re: Paul Lambert press conference.
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2013, 11:12:57 AM »
Redknapp is interested for Keane, just saw lamberts press conference ,  he said I don't need to sell anybody , bit different from dont want to sell anybody.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 11:16:09 AM by eastie »

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2013, 11:19:30 AM »
I tend to believe him.

Also we're clearly interested in Keane and Lescott. Both of those would be excellent additions, and offer the "nous" we need.

If we could get those two and and the midfield equivalent, it would be big progress, although I'm not sure Keane is exacly what we need at present.

I would say that Robbie Keane is exactly what we need at the moment Riss.  Having watched him play for us last season, he could play that role just behind the strikers and is far better than anyone we currently have in that position.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2013, 11:20:04 AM »
Look him and Darren have no problem ok.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2013, 11:24:38 AM »
I tend to believe him.

Also we're clearly interested in Keane and Lescott. Both of those would be excellent additions, and offer the "nous" we need.

If we could get those two and and the midfield equivalent, it would be big progress, although I'm not sure Keane is exacly what we need at present.

I would say that Robbie Keane is exactly what we need at the moment Riss.  Having watched him play for us last season, he could play that role just behind the strikers and is far better than anyone we currently have in that position.

Agreed, and as for the 'calming effect' that has been mentioned, I think he was as effective as Petrov.

Offline Boz

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2013, 11:25:13 AM »
I imagine his wages will be a problem, though.

Yep, it's precisely that reason why I can't see him coming to us.

Well, he could negotiate some form of pay off from Man City, like Dunne did, to move on.

I thought Mancini had said Lescott's going nowhere, as he needs him while the Africa Cup players are away.

He'd be a good addition though if he'd come and if any wage issues could be resolved.

Also, what's our Head Scout doing around Europe, surely he must have been identifying some players?

Offline eastie

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2013, 11:53:37 AM »
I imagine his wages will be a problem, though.

Yep, it's precisely that reason why I can't see him coming to us.

Well, he could negotiate some form of pay off from Man City, like Dunne did, to move on.

I thought Mancini had said Lescott's going nowhere, as he needs him while the Africa Cup players are away.

He'd be a good addition though if he'd come and if any wage issues could be resolved.

Also, what's our Head Scout doing around Europe, surely he must have been identifying some players?

Yes Mancini has said in his press conference lescott is going nowhere, no chance of him leaving he said.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2013, 11:56:21 AM »
We'll see.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2013, 12:01:30 PM »
January's a long month, anything could happen with Lescott so it's one to keep an eye on, you never know.

Offline PGW

• Villan, Bear and now Cancer Warrior
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2013, 12:08:17 PM »
'Appy Arry' in for Keane and Cahill both of them loan deals not just Keane!!!

Offline johnc

• GM : 15.02.2025
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2013, 12:10:21 PM »
You'd have thought that Lescott would be in a financial position where he could afford to take a drop in wages. He'll have to if he moves on anyway.

In the normal world that us mere mortals inhabit that may well be the case. However in Footballandia salary reductions do not happen. Man City would have to cover any shortfall in his wages for the remainder of whatever contract he has. All that money cant be good for them....Or maybe those TU, Labour Party and Jesuitical influences of my younger days are still doing their job!

Offline eastie

« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2013, 12:16:17 PM »
January's a long month, anything could happen with Lescott so it's one to keep an eye on, you never know.

Seems city have 8 injuries and are losing players to the African cup, I'm sure we have other irons in the fire but if players of that quality are what we are looking at it all bodes well.

This thread is basically about transfers so can it not be incorporated into the transfer thread ?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 12:18:04 PM by eastie »

Online Clampy

« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2013, 12:18:36 PM »
Well like i said, you never know what might happen. I would'nt completely rule it out.

Offline eastie

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2013, 12:20:27 PM »
Well like i said, you never know what might happen. I would'nt completely rule it out.

Certainly if we can't get him now then we may be able to get him on the summer- I rate lescott highly.

Online Clampy

« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2013, 12:23:44 PM »
If he did leave Man City this month, it would be towards the end of the window i think.

Offline lovejoy

« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2013, 01:30:56 PM »
The most predictable thing from the football season is managers who sign International African players being surprised when said players have to go the Africa the play in a tournament that has being arranged for years.
Also re Bent - what happens if we sell him and Bentekke get injured?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal