collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: What If ?  (Read 3196 times)

Offline BegbieAV

What If ?
« on: December 30, 2012, 12:23:01 AM »
I have followed the Villa since 1968. So what if we get relegated! We have been there before,during the 70's and 80's was a dream supporting the club. So Keep Calm and Carry On. We are Aston Villa.

Offline tomd2103

Re: What If ?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012, 02:15:11 AM »
The footballing landscape is a lot different now to how it was when we were relegated before.  Yes we will still carry on supporting Villa, but the financial implications of going down (especially this season) are a lot more serious than in previous decades.

Offline He wears a magic hat

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2012, 08:17:41 AM »
Whilst  i agree with the OP ti'm afraid the big issue this time would be the financial implications and the likely hood that there want be a graham taylor riding in on a white horse to save us this time

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2012, 09:16:59 AM »
As long as we do not have complete financial incompetence/lunacy I doubt we would do a Leeds and would more than likely return within a season or two. However unless we are taken over by an Abramovich/Mansour or football goes bankrupt and starts again from scratch, we will never ever compete again at the top of the league within the modern set up..

Offline danlanza

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2012, 09:33:45 AM »
I really do not want to think about us going down. But after yesterday's result it is a real possibility.
We have been saying for weeks now "Saturday is a massive game ". Every game now is a cup final for us.
If we go down then i think we are in deep trouble. There is no Billionaire waiting in the wings to take us over, Lerner is what we have got for now. Very worried and very pissed off today. UTV.

Online Flamingo Lane

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2012, 09:39:14 AM »
What's this doing in the Memories section?

Offline Ron Manager

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2012, 10:08:48 AM »
Apart from the obvious financial implications if we get relegated it also means the current manager is not very good at his job.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2012, 11:36:29 AM »
What's this doing in the Memories section?

Because the last time we experienced relegation is a memory.
Mods - please transfer this to Heroes section in May if appropriate !

Shit - they already have! (We know what they expect!)

Offline Mortimer's Bear

• GM : 30.05.2019
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2012, 11:39:05 AM »
God was one of us?

Offline Trinitymiddle

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2012, 11:41:14 AM »
With the biggest ever TV deal kicking in next season, its more important than ever we stay in the PL.

For every team that bounces back in a year or two, there are many more that dont, or drop down even further.

Online Karlos96

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2012, 11:46:23 AM »
The thing is if the worst happens I can't seeing us coming back up straight away this squad just isn't good enough and with the TV deal that is coming next season the longer we are out of the top flight the harder it will be to get back.

Offline levico

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2012, 04:06:31 PM »
No I can't see us coming back within a season or two either. Not sure how Randy would react but I think badly. I think he would embark on cutting his losses even more with the result that at best we would end up an average Championship side a la Derby or at worst, flirting with relegation to League 1.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2012, 04:13:04 PM »
Out of all the teams to play at home yesterday , we got the best team.  Soton and Qpr would have been hard games , we had already played Reading . We needed Wigan , it was a massive game . I expected us to win . How wrong was I

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2012, 04:14:39 PM »
Wolves and Bolton were fancied to both bounce back straight away but both are in the bottom half, Wolves have lost 12 games already!

If there's anything worse than being shite and losing games in the premier league, then surely losing to the likes of Peterbrough and Millwall in the championship is much worse.

Less tv coverage, still 20 quid + for most away games in that league, more midweek games, nah it wouldn't be great imo.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2012, 04:18:51 PM »
I think if we went, Lambert would get us straight back personally. Most of the squad would stay together, and the TV deal would give us a season of parachute payments. I don't think it would be easy, but we would come back.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal