collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Randy Lerner  (Read 155093 times)

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
Re: Randy Lerner
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2012, 08:54:52 PM »
Lerner needs to sell up he just isn't interested anymore, some of the decisions he has made have been disastrous.  If Ellis had made some of the decisions he has done the last few years he would have got no end of shit for it, Lerner has got off lightly in my opinion.

TBH, RL and PF has been given loads of stick on here since MON walked. Not a day has gone by without Rip calling him a bastard or a ******.

Offline Karlos96

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2012, 08:58:25 PM »
Lerner needs to sell up he just isn't interested anymore, some of the decisions he has made have been disastrous.  If Ellis had made some of the decisions he has done the last few years he would have got no end of shit for it, Lerner has got off lightly in my opinion.

TBH, RL and PF has been given loads of stick on here since MON walked. Not a day has gone by without Rip calling him a bastard or a c***.

I have never heard anyone say anything about Lerner at the ground though which is more where I was coming from.

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2012, 09:01:19 PM »
Randy Venky has proved that saying which i have stated on here before, You can allways rely upon Americans to make the right decision when they have exhausted all other options. W Churchill.

He finaly made the right managerial choice but his previous decisions had allready caught up with him.
He wont be selling with the clubs future in doubt and I think he will hand over funds in January in an attempt  to protect his investment.
Appointing the right people is the most critical and often difficult decision, RV is obviously useless in this area.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2012, 09:01:35 PM »

TBH, RL and PF has been given loads of stick on here since MON walked. Not a day has gone by without Rip calling him a bastard or a c***.

Can't remember calling either a bastard or a c.unt.

Hopelessly incompotent and moronic, yes.

Who cares, i'm in a minority anyway.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2012, 09:05:51 PM »
I've said before that it surprises me that Lerner and Faulkner don't get far more stick than they do, especially on here.  There isn't anyone who bears more responsibility for the club's disastrous trajectory over the last three seasons than those two.

I've seen some posters whose opinions I generally respect contort themselves in trying to apportion blame to anyone other than Lerner and Faulkner.  Purely my own view and all that but at a time when the club's direction is so diabolically bad I would have thought that an established fanzine like H&V should be hammering the ownership with all its might.

Offline eastie

« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2012, 09:08:14 PM »
I've said before that it surprises me that Lerner and Faulkner don't get far more stick than they do, especially on here.  There isn't anyone who bears more responsibility for the club's disastrous trajectory over the last three seasons than those two.

I've seen some posters whose opinions I generally respect contort themselves in trying to apportion blame to anyone other than Lerner and Faulkner.  Purely my own view and all that but at a time when the club's direction is so diabolically bad I would have thought that an established fanzine like H&V should be hammering the ownership with all its might.

Agreed.

Offline Apyadg

« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2012, 09:08:29 PM »
Okay, the club's in steep decline, our best players have left the club one by one over the past few years, and there's little hope we'll have a shot, never mind win the odd football match. But the Holte Mosaic is pretty nice.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2012, 09:09:16 PM »

Agreed.
I look forward to the contributions of you both.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2012, 09:10:28 PM »
If he's not selling, he needs to invest it really is as simple as that.

Offline eastie

« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2012, 09:10:56 PM »
Maybe the reason Lerner has escaped much flak at villa park is that he is rarely ever there .

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2012, 09:12:49 PM »
Feel free to use any of my posts, especially the ones about stupid Americans.

Offline TopDeck113

• GM : 27.07.2023
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2012, 09:13:36 PM »
The club's steep decline can be traced to the day he started having to make important decisions.  Can't put it any more simply than that.

Spot on.

Offline bones.

• GM : 28.01.2020
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2012, 09:14:27 PM »
Okay, the club's in steep decline, our best players have left the club one by one over the past few years, and there's little hope we'll have a shot, never mind win the odd football match. But the Holte Mosaic is pretty nice.
In actual fact its not as classy as the last one and I still dont like the badge much either.

Offline bertlambshank

• GM : 30.06.2019
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2012, 09:14:57 PM »

Agreed.
That just proves their point.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2012, 09:15:10 PM »
How do you know he's making the decisions?  He's had a Chief Executive in place who presumably is paid to make these decisions.

He's always said he's a fan and he's deliberately kept out of the way.  Fair enough if people want to have a go at him for not getting involved and being too elusive but I struggle to see how he can also be accused of making terrible decisions at the same time.

As for selling up - he's sunk £200m in to the club which he'd want to see a fair chunk of back.  You only have to look at Blackburn and the Blues to see that new foreign owners are not necessarily a good thing.  I think our best approach is to put pressure on Randy to spend more money on players.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal