collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Ollie Watkins by Toronto Villa
[Today at 01:06:00 PM]

NSWE Investment by cdward
[Today at 12:57:32 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by ADVILLAFAN
[Today at 12:55:37 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Bad English
[Today at 12:46:34 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Toronto Villa
[Today at 12:35:00 PM]

GUESS THE CROWD R26: ASTON VILLA v Chelsea, Saturday, 27th April!🥧 by simon ward 50
[Today at 12:34:58 PM]

VAR by Somniloquism
[Today at 12:27:06 PM]

Fog stopped play by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 12:12:31 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Ollie Watkins by Toronto Villa
[Today at 01:06:00 PM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Risso
[Today at 01:05:36 PM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by LeeB
[Today at 01:01:20 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by cdward
[Today at 12:57:32 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by ADVILLAFAN
[Today at 12:55:37 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Tayls_7
[Today at 12:53:52 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by ADVILLAFAN
[Today at 12:53:49 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Toronto Villa
[Today at 12:49:45 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Lambert in or out? Poll reset with majority 'in', 7th May  (Read 796748 times)

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
Re: Lambert out
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2012, 06:36:23 PM »
Sack Lambert and get Roy Keane in?

I am struggling to think of a more stupid idea.

As Player-Manager?

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2012, 06:36:51 PM »
In future years will this become known as ' our Winter of discontent'

And where the fella from ITV gone ?  It's all gone wrong since he stopped posting

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2012, 06:37:22 PM »
-Gardner (would be our best midfielder but for injuries

Based on what?

A handful of appearances?

If we were considering such an untried kid to be our best midfielder, it'd show just how much shit we were in.

Online pauliewalnuts

« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2012, 06:38:23 PM »

As Player-Manager?

That's genuinely the only way the idea could get any more fucking stupid.

Honestly, Risso, what's wrong with you? Have you gone mental or something? I used to think your Allardyce thing was mental enough, but Roy Keane, FFS?

Offline Karlos96

« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2012, 06:38:35 PM »
Lambert isn't the problem that idiot Lerner is the problem, the policies his has adopted will be the end of us as a top flight club.   Lerner needs to back him in January, if he doesn't we are gone.

If Lambert is sacked who on earth will we get in? I honestly can't think of anyone who would take this job knowing the sort of restrictions they would have to work with under Lerner.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2012, 06:40:53 PM »

Based on what?

If we were considering such an untried kid to be our best midfielder, it'd show just how much shit we were in.

It's delusion. He's just another in a long line of young Villa kids who never amount to much. We keep talking up our youth system when in reality they're really just average. I think Lerner fell for it big time and felt we were churning out out great players through a youth academy akin to Ajax. How wrong he was.

Offline claretandbeer

« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2012, 06:42:12 PM »
Lambert actually is a man who makes me believe in his vision and what he wants to achieve. There is just something about him that instills positivism into the club. I have a lot more confidence in him than I ever had in mcleish.

We were all thrilled when we got him as manager in the summer and rightly so. its a bit silly to throw your toys out the pram when it gets bad. we need to be patient and accept where we are for the moment hoping to progress. it doesn't happen over night, its going to take time. we have a lot of rebuilding to do.

last 3 games have been a disgrace but we can't dwell on that bad, the only way we can move is to move forward.
Totally agree.Vlaar,Benteke,Lowton  and Westwood good signings and I think Bennett will prove to be as well.Lambert also resigned Guzan.Nearly everybody wanted Collins,Warnock,Hutton and Dunne out which was half of TSMs side.
Lambert's main error was to trust in KEA.
If we get rid of Lambert it will be to our detriment and some other club's benefit.

Offline bertlambshank

• GM : 30.06.2019
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2012, 06:43:43 PM »

As Player-Manager?

That's genuinely the only way the idea could get any more fucking stupid.

Honestly, Risso, what's wrong with you? Have you gone mental or something? I used to think your Allardyce thing was mental enough, but Roy Keane, FFS?
Randy has come up with some mental ideas,problem is he can put them into practice.

Online pauliewalnuts

« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2012, 06:45:10 PM »
Lambert actually is a man who makes me believe in his vision and what he wants to achieve. There is just something about him that instills positivism into the club. I have a lot more confidence in him than I ever had in mcleish.

We were all thrilled when we got him as manager in the summer and rightly so. its a bit silly to throw your toys out the pram when it gets bad. we need to be patient and accept where we are for the moment hoping to progress. it doesn't happen over night, its going to take time. we have a lot of rebuilding to do.

last 3 games have been a disgrace but we can't dwell on that bad, the only way we can move is to move forward.
Totally agree.Vlaar,Benteke,Lowton  and Westwood good signings and I think Bennett will prove to be as well.Lambert also resigned Guzan.Nearly everybody wanted Collins,Warnock,Hutton and Dunne out which was half of TSMs side.
Lambert's main error was to trust in KEA.
If we get rid of Lambert it will be to our detriment and some other club's benefit.

I think both these posts are bang on (with the exception that I think Bennett has looked shite).

Some of Lambert's buys have looked very astute (Lowton, Westwood, maybe Vlaar, resigning Guzan).

The problem is that the most important one was KEA, and he has flopped big style.

The biggest mistake we could make now would be to change manager at the current time, it would be utter madness.

Offline Karlos96

« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2012, 06:47:10 PM »

Based on what?

It's delusion. He's just another in a long line of young Villa kids who never amount to much. We keep talking up our youth system when in reality they're really just average. I think Lerner fell for it big time and felt we were churning out out great players through a youth academy akin to Ajax. How wrong he was.

I have started to think along these lines now as well, I keep hearing how good these players will be that are coming through, in reality as you say they are just very average players.  I think the academy is very good at what it does but how many players who have come through recently can we actually say are good top flight players, I can't think of many.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2012, 06:48:21 PM »
It was also nice to hear him say what a magnificent football club it is after the beating today. There are times to stick and there are times to twist. McLeish has history of being a useless manager. Lambert doesn't. Lets give him time, and some money.

IF Lerner does not back him as it being mooted tonight, it will end any sympathy I have with him though. I think he did well last summer as a chairman, and we have been unlucky to lose some of the players we have, but he needs to find 20 million for Lambert now.

Online pauliewalnuts

« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2012, 06:50:56 PM »

Based on what?

I have started to think along these lines now as well, I keep hearing how good these players will be that are coming through, in reality as you say they are just very average players.  I think the academy is very good at what it does but how many players who have come through recently can we actually say are good top flight players, I can't think of many.

Some of them aren't good enough and are over hyped.

The problem is, some of them could be very good, and sometimes are, the problem is they're playing in a losing side, surrounded by other kids, and it just saps all confidence out of them.

Offline richsvilla

« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2012, 06:51:17 PM »
Most managers of teams who get battered 3 games on the bounce let in 15 goals with no reply and are just outside the relagation zone would probably get the boot. I think he has took a gamble on youth and it hasnt paid off. I agree that problems lie upstairs and lerner needs to go or heavily invest. I doubt he will be going any time soon and he more than likely wont heavily invest but we have all known that for a few season now. But you need to work with what you have got and he has brought quite alot of average players. The only real decent ones he has brought in for me are Lowton and Westwood who look quite solid in my opinion.

He has assembled a championship quality team mixed with fringe players so can we expect anything else?

Going off his interview on WM I dont think he will bring in any 'experienced' players because that isnt the direction he wants to take the club in.

Lerner needs to invest or I can see this coverstation about 'lambert out' dragging on right the way to the end of the season.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2012, 06:51:50 PM »
Lerner out ASAP! He is useless...end of!

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2012, 06:52:34 PM »
Why to people keep talking about motivation?

We're awful because our midfield is abysmal. It is physically weak, small, lacks the ability to win the ball, knock an opponent legally off the ball and it offers no protection for the equally as dire defence.

In attack it creates nothing and offers no guille or flair. It is sterile.

It is Lambert's fault for not strengthening the midfield properly. It will cost his job in May.

But a lack of motivation? Nope.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal