collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Lambert in or out? Poll reset with majority 'in', 7th May  (Read 796541 times)

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
Re: Lambert out
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2012, 06:21:34 PM »
the lunatics have taken over the asylum

Lerner is chief fuckin lunatic.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2012, 06:23:01 PM »
I wouldn't have Mcleish back, I think we're forgetting last season. We're no worse off than that.

Yes we are, in every way.  Even fewer goals scored, and far more conceded.  McLeish's football was dire, but this is as bad, AND we get battered at the same time.  We're a humiliated joke of a club at the moment, and I haven't felt like that under any other manager for a long time.

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2012, 06:23:16 PM »
It is quite clear that Lambert is working to the same rules as Alex McLeish. Even if Fergie comes here to see out his time, he would go the same way: sacked after a year with three years wages in his pocket. In the meantime, we would continue being crap.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2012, 06:24:43 PM »
I really can't see the point of sacking Paul Lambert now.  He was a promising candidate in the summer and who are we realistically going to get in to replace him?  The Villa job has become a poisoned chalice and I think any manager brought in would struggle under the current circumstances.  The general malaise over the past couple of years suggests that the problems at the club run a lot deeper than the manager and the playing staff, and it is looking increasingly like there isn't a fix.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 06:39:47 PM by tomd2103 »

Offline Oscar Arce

• Location: Trinity Road Enclosure, just come through the gates for a 6d. transfer from the Witton End grassy bank to buy a Wagon wheel in the Tuck Shop under the stand
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2012, 06:25:04 PM »
Doesn't it seem like a lifetime ago since the 'proud history, bright future' mantra ?
I think we've all been rather shafted.

Offline NeilH

« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2012, 06:25:28 PM »
Utterly pointless getting rid of him as the source of the problems lie with the total lack of direction and nous from the board. It really is time for Lerner and co to get a bleeding grip and realize that current policies aren't working. We are a headless chicken and i despair as to where we are heading.

Offline avfc_1874

« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2012, 06:25:43 PM »
What did Lambert actually say in regards about players in January?

richtheholtender

« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2012, 06:28:13 PM »
If ever there was time to get a villa man in its now. Big Ron?

Offline bertlambshank

• GM : 30.06.2019
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2012, 06:28:19 PM »
Randy has to sell up.I would much rather have a chairman with no money who cares,than a rich chairman who couldn't give a fuck.

Online Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2012, 06:29:26 PM »
If ever there was time to get a villa man in its now. Big Ron?

Newcastle thought the same, appointing Keegan and then Shearer. Didn't work for them.

Offline The Situation

• Location: Where there are palm trees, bad bitches and wannabe's
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2012, 06:32:22 PM »
Lambert actually is a man who makes me believe in his vision and what he wants to achieve. There is just something about him that instills positivism into the club. I have a lot more confidence in him than I ever had in mcleish.

We were all thrilled when we got him as manager in the summer and rightly so. its a bit silly to throw your toys out the pram when it gets bad. we need to be patient and accept where we are for the moment hoping to progress. it doesn't happen over night, its going to take time. we have a lot of rebuilding to do.

last 3 games have been a disgrace but we can't dwell on that bad, the only way we can move is to move forward.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2012, 06:33:59 PM »
I'd have big Ron back :) to help out by beating shit out of Ireland

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2012, 06:34:35 PM »
Sack Lambert and get Roy Keane in?

I am struggling to think of a more stupid idea.

How long would you then give it before you starting crucifying him? Or Barry Chuckle? Or Avram Grant? Or whoever we'd reduced ourselves to employing?

The problem is not the manager. It is the absentee chairman who quite clearly doesn't really care too much any more.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 06:36:31 PM by pauliewalnuts »

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2012, 06:34:47 PM »
Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert

On losing 3-0 to Wigan: "You cannot start the game like we did - especially at home. It's not great by any standards. The only spell we had was 20 minutes in the first half and the second goal from a Wigan throw-in was really poor.

"We've got a lot of injuries at the minute which doesn't help, but we know we're in a fight. We've just got to keep going and keep trying to do the right things."

On Villa fans leaving after the third Wigan goal: "Absolutely I can understand it. I pick the team, it's my responsibility. The crowd have been brilliant with me and that's why I can't say anything against them."

On bouncing back from conceding 15 goals in three matches: "You have to pick yourselves back up and keep fighting. We certainly know we're in a fight but this club has been in a fight for a couple of years so it's nothing new. But we don't want to be in this position."

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2012, 06:36:08 PM »
What a joke, he is working to the owners plan.

We have a wage cap, he has brought in lots of players within that structure.

Are you being serious? Can you not see any team would miss experience.
-Dunne (who came back last season to help keep us up)
-Gabby (experienced premier leaguer player)
-Vlaar (experienced leader)
-Petrov (Club captain, Leader and inspiration)
-Gardner (would be our best midfielder but for injuries)

------------Guzan

Lowton-Vlaar-Dunne-Bennett

-Gardner-Westwood-Bannan

--Weimann-Benteke-Gabby

That team in my opinion would be a lot more solid and would not have conceded 15 goals without reply.

And if Petrov was playing we would be a lot better off.

Now is the time to stick with the manager, stick with the team and not throw our dummies out the pram because our very inexperienced team that has aload of injuries has had a terrible Christmas programme.

I cannot think of a manager I would rather have at this point.

In Lambert we trust. VTID

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal