collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jordan Bowery  (Read 84194 times)

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Re: Jordan Bowery
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2013, 11:36:28 AM »
I thought Bowrey looked decent enough. Better than Gabby at the moment.

I'm not writing Bowery off, but he way short of Gabby on Saturday.

One's an England international, the other was making his debut.

Offline pestria

« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2013, 11:39:40 AM »
I thought Bowrey looked decent enough. Better than Gabby at the moment.

I'm not writing Bowery off, but he way short of Gabby on Saturday.

One's an England international, the other was making his debut.

Agreed, but the person I quoted felt that Bowery is better than Gabby at the moment.  I thought differently.

Offline DrGonzo

« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2013, 11:55:46 AM »
I think I am prepared to allow Bowery more than the 70/80 minutes in claret and blue before I make my mind up about him.  However I feel this thread would have a very different tone if he'd stretched 6 inches further to convery Albi's 1st half cross on Saturday, some would be hailing the new Messiah.

Offline MoetVillan

« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2013, 01:01:14 PM »
Marc hit a cross only 6inches too high?  Couldnt make the game, but at least it sounds like his crossing is improving

Online not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2013, 01:07:18 PM »
Marc hit a cross only 6inches too high?  Couldnt make the game, but at least it sounds like his crossing is improving

Or maybe getting back to how it used to be.

Offline 1_Pablo_Angel

« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2013, 01:30:39 PM »
I think the cross you're referring to was put in by Bent. After Albie played him in down the right.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2013, 01:37:52 PM »
Personally I think he looks like he'll be a useful addition.  I doubt he'll be a regular starter for us but when he comes in he does a job, he's big, he's strong, he's quicker than he looks and he's willing to run his socks off closing people down and chasing lost causes.  Half a million really is peanuts for a premier league side and he'll comfortably prove himself worth what we paid if he carries on as he's started.

Offline DeeBoy1

« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2013, 01:46:15 PM »
I thought he did well reminded me of a lad we bought from Bradford back in 1989 and he did ok.
Just to be clear....are we actually using Ian Ormondroyd as a positive marker for Bowery...or am I missing something??

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2013, 01:57:20 PM »
Gabby had a pretty poor loan spell at Sheffield Wednesday before he came back and did well for us.

Bowery deserves to be given a chance and not written off. ALL of our players deserve that. When they don't try, when they eventually don't deliver then they may deserve some of the language that is used on here but surely not after less than one full game in.

Jesus, how many players have an amazing début? I don't remember many at any club.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2013, 02:03:05 PM »
Who's actually written him off?

Gabby was better on Saturday, I don't think there's a case to argue. I thought he looked a bit raw - unrefined with a slightly dodgy touch, but in not judging him on one game out on the left wing. I don't think anyone else was either

Online danno

« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2013, 03:02:06 PM »

Gabby was better on Saturday, I don't think there's a case to argue. I thought he looked a bit raw - unrefined with a slightly dodgy touch, but in not judging him on one game out on the left wing. I don't think anyone else was either

Rutski on the previous page, said he'd never make the grade.

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2013, 05:31:02 PM »
I stand by my comments of Benteke after the Wigan game. He lost the ball a couple of times against Spurs which broke what little attack but he was very much stranded on his own with Holman in his place.

But against Wigan, especially in the first 30 or so minutes, he cost us more attacks then most by trying to be too fancy and there were a few times when he seemed to be jogging to get into the box instead of busting a gut to get in there for crosses. If you had told someone that one of the Villa forwards was carrying an injury and to find out on that display which one it was, most would have pointed to Christian.

Offline rutski

« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2013, 05:42:34 PM »

i dont even think he is as good as the original poodle delfounso. when we play one up top with gabby, bent benteke, weimann in front of him, i dont think he will ever get the chance either!
hows his goal record been in the stiffs?

Offline DrGonzo

« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2013, 06:04:27 PM »

i dont even think he is as good as the original poodle delfounso. when we play one up top with gabby, bent benteke, weimann in front of him, i dont think he will ever get the chance either!
hows his goal record been in the stiffs?

Well fuck me, why don't you get a scouting job for the Villa and save everyone a lot of time and trouble?

Offline rutski

« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2013, 06:06:15 PM »
I think I am prepared to allow Bowery more than the 70/80 minutes in claret and blue before I make my mind up about him.  However I feel this thread would have a very different tone if he'd stretched 6 inches further to convery Albi's 1st half cross on Saturday, some would be hailing the new Messiah.
he had that effort and the easy strikers chance seconds before their goal. if he had put them away would we be hailing the new messiah, maybe, maybe not. the fact of the matter was that he fluffed his lines, he wont be getting too many easier chances in his villa career.
do i want him to be a success, god yes. i want every player who pulls on the shirt to be brilliant for every second of the time they represent aston villa. on the subs appearances i have seen him make and the reports from the stiffs and his first start against lower league opposition, i think we will be filing in the folder with carruthers, walker, byfield, s moore, l moore. boundless others in there!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal