collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Edge
[Today at 07:51:24 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:47:37 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by OCD
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Nev
[Today at 07:38:29 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Ian.
[Today at 07:37:07 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 07:36:44 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by OCD
[Today at 07:32:48 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: How can Lambert get it right?  (Read 25570 times)

Online ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
Re: How can Lambert get it right?
« Reply #75 on: December 27, 2012, 08:47:03 PM »
I wish we had drawn the last three rather than beat 'The Mighty Reds YNWA' then we wouldn't have all the hand wringing. Lambert isn't a mug he sees the same players make the same mistakes as we do and he would know where we need to strengthen.Put Vlar and Dunne in defence and we are stronger already, why we have so many injuries needs looking at. Midfield has been our nemesis since Lerner bought the club and its never been addressed Stan was good for a while but his legs went, Westwood for me looks slow but he is the best we've got right now, Delph has had too many chances and Kea is just not up to prem standard. Benteke will be brilliant for us, forget the last two games he was an onlooker for most of the game. Injured players back and two class midfielders and we will be a different side.

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
« Reply #76 on: December 27, 2012, 08:48:09 PM »
we hardly have a player that has completed a season in the PL, equals lack of experience and vulnerability to fatigue.

He has to address this and  the  serious problems at right back and central midfield.

He might want to consider fielding an experimental team against Ipwsich because we do not need another cup run.

Offline danlanza

« Reply #77 on: December 27, 2012, 08:50:54 PM »
We'd do well to get Paul Carrick
As long as you were looking back over your shoulder, you mght just stand a chance ;D

But How Long would we be able to keep him for?
On form there Clampy. Any Day Now is my guess ::)

Offline IFWaters

• GM : Sep, 2012
« Reply #78 on: December 27, 2012, 09:28:11 PM »
Who are the seasoned Premier League players sat on the bench that could come in and improve the first team?

Bent, Given, Ireland, NZogbia, Dunne, Hutton and Warnock all have bags of experience at the top level.  No, they're not the most talented players in the world but they're no worse than the players we're putting out there at the moment and the addition of some experience to the first team would probably improve the performances of the young players out there at the same time.

Hutton and Warnock were immediately jettisoned.  Bent, Given and NZogbia haven't really been given a chance by Lambert.  Dunne's obviously been injured and Ireland's been used sparingly.  I'd say the kids have been given much more opportunity than any of the older players.  I'd be quite happy to applaud this approach if we were midtable but as we're flirting with relegation and have suffered the worst defeat in our history followed by a 4-0 thumping at home I think it's fair game to question the manager's decisions.

Questioning his decisions is fair enough.

I think it's a real stretch of the imagination to look at that list and see who might have helped.

They might have experience, but I would rank Warnock, Hutton, N'Zogbia and Ireland as only marginally better options than getting rid of the physio, loaning Yakubu or getting Petrov to do the team talks. In fact I'd say playing some of them would be more likely to have an overall negative effect on our predicament. .

Wife refuse to give you a BJ?

Fuck me you are in a bad mood.

Have you got anything to suggest yourself to improve our position or are you just one of those losers who likes to sound hard by slagging off everyone else,s suggestions?

Me think you troll is.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #79 on: December 27, 2012, 09:31:48 PM »
we hardly have a player that has completed a season in the PL, equals lack of experience and vulnerability to fatigue.

He has to address this and  the  serious problems at right back and central midfield.

He might want to consider fielding an experimental team against Ipwsich because we do not need another cup run.

Agree on first 2 points, but I'd like us to go as far as possible in the FA Cup

Offline danlanza

« Reply #80 on: December 27, 2012, 09:34:55 PM »

Agree on first 2 points, but I'd like us to go as far as possible in the FA Cup
The final would be good. Beating Chelsea 5 fucking nil in the process.

Offline bob

« Reply #81 on: December 27, 2012, 09:37:04 PM »

Have you got anything to suggest yourself to improve our position or are you just one of those losers who likes to sound hard by slagging off everyone else,s suggestions?

Me think you troll is.

I see your debating skills are just as clever as your suggestions.

Offline IFWaters

« Reply #82 on: December 27, 2012, 09:40:09 PM »

Me think you troll is.

Classic Troll tactics. Insult others then come over all Virgin Mary when it suits you.

So to repeat in Pax man like tones, What is your suggestion ?

Offline danlanza

« Reply #83 on: December 27, 2012, 09:41:56 PM »

Me think you troll is.

What , exactly is his point Bob, because i cannot see one.

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #84 on: December 27, 2012, 09:42:14 PM »
Where has bob ever insulted anyone?

Offline IFWaters

« Reply #85 on: December 27, 2012, 09:43:47 PM »

Me think you troll is.

Try reading the original posts. Parrot.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #86 on: December 27, 2012, 09:47:41 PM »
Hopefully Paul Lambert can do his best to ensure that the younger players are not too scarred from the past two games and remind them that they have performed better only a few weeks ago and that they are capable of doing well at this level.  At the same time, I really hope he is making it clear to the more experienced players that they are the ones who are really costing the club at the moment and that some of their careers are on the line. 

Lambert himself is still an inexperienced manager, especially at the top level, so I hope he is also learning from this experience. 

Offline IFWaters

« Reply #87 on: December 27, 2012, 09:47:50 PM »
Where has bob ever insulted anyone?

Try reading the posts. Totally disparaging and condescending to my and others suggestions, but nothing to suggest himself. Its the tactics of Ed Balls. Its all someone else's fault and he is not willing to offer a suggestion himself as to what to do. I'm just challenging it as I think its bullying and insulting behaviour.

Offline claret and blue blood

« Reply #88 on: December 27, 2012, 09:59:47 PM »
At the moment we have little or no options for the Wigan game due to injuries which don't seem to be clearing up too quickly.Lambert does look as shell shocked as the team and must be desperate to strengthen the sqad. I would guess that any plans to sign players like Westwood are shelved in favour of more experienced pros.Michael Dawson, Huddlestone and Peter crouch anyone ?

Offline danlanza

« Reply #89 on: December 27, 2012, 10:07:42 PM »

Me think you troll is.

Try reading the original posts. Parrot.
A parrot can be taught to talk sense. You, on the other hand....................... Fucking Parrot :o

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal