collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: How can Lambert get it right?  (Read 25568 times)

Offline eastie

Re: How can Lambert get it right?
« Reply #135 on: December 28, 2012, 11:21:40 AM »
I think Parker and lampard who were mentioned are both great pros and far less maintenance than the likes of Ireland and nzogbia who both have reputations for being awkward to say the least.

Lampard would not come here in any case but if if Parker did I think he would set a great example to younger players rather than being a prima Donna.

you really think Villa will pay £100,000 a week to an injury prone footballer ?

No I don't think it will happen but Parker is the type  of player we should be looking at .

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #136 on: December 28, 2012, 11:24:08 AM »
I think Parker and lampard who were mentioned are both great pros and far less maintenance than the likes of Ireland and nzogbia who both have reputations for being awkward to say the least.

Lampard would not come here in any case but if if Parker did I think he would set a great example to younger players rather than being a prima Donna.

No I don't think it will happen but Parker is the type  of player we should be looking at .

true but it will be a 21 year old version on £15,000 a week .  not want we really need at the moment

PL has been looking at Luke Murphy at Crewe , not sure what position he plays
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 11:27:19 AM by JUAN PABLO »

Offline eastie

« Reply #137 on: December 28, 2012, 11:33:19 AM »

true but it will be a 21 year old version on £15,000 a week .  not want we really need at the moment

Midfielder, would probably slot in well with Westwood knowing each others game, but again a young player lacking experience.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 11:34:50 AM by eastie »

Offline JUAN PABLO

« Reply #138 on: December 28, 2012, 11:38:04 AM »

Midfielder, would probably slot in well with Westwood knowing each others game, but again a young player lacking experience.

I cant get any inside information anymore neither . My mate who worked at Villa as been headhunted by Liverpool , offered more money and hes gone there .

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #139 on: December 28, 2012, 11:39:50 AM »
Wilson Palascsios at Stoke will be available. Not the best player, but he could add some bite and experience in the middle of the park.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #140 on: December 28, 2012, 11:41:28 AM »
I cant get any inside information anymore neither . My mate who worked at Villa as been headhunted by Liverpool , offered more money and hes gone there.

Fuck me - we can't even afford to keep our ITKs now!!

Offline JUAN PABLO

« Reply #141 on: December 28, 2012, 11:46:10 AM »
I cant get any inside information anymore neither . My mate who worked at Villa as been headhunted by Liverpool , offered more money and hes gone there.

so true mate , nice paid apartment on the docks , more money etc etc .     I'm gutted to be honest , I dont want to know about those f**kers.

He has been a good servant to Villa over the years , even stayed at Villa when MON f**ked off ( he always worked for MON before ) .

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #142 on: December 28, 2012, 06:38:41 PM »

I don't quite understand this opinion that every British player either over or approaching the age of 30 is a mercenary who is only interested in picking up their wages.

Even if they put in the effort and do well for us I think you're missing many of my points.

1. No resale value
2. Keeping youngsters out of the side
3. Massive wages
4. Decline in performances / fitness over the length of the contract
5. Can't get them off the wage bill
6. We aren't getting relegated so what's the point in panic buying for a quick fix - invest in our youth and focus on going forward rather than stagnating
7. I would much rather finish 16th and build in the summer with the money rather than buying in 30 year olds to get us to 15th and in the process waste millions that we desperately need

If there was a real threat of relegation then I would be all for bringing in somebody like Benayoun or Arshavin but we aren't and the money we spend on such players and the £50k a week contracts over 3 years we give them will continue to suck us down into the lower half of the table.

1) Sometimes you just get value for money even if their resale value is nil.  Compare the likes of Merson and Dublin, to say Curtis Davies and Delph.  Years of great service from two older players, compared to bright young things, who turned out to be shite....with no resale value.
2) A lot of our youngsters shouldn't be in the side as often as they are, so not necessarily a problem.
3) Not necessarily, although even if true, if it's the difference between staying up and going down, the wages are a non-issue
4) That can be true of young players as well, if they're not very good.
5) Again, that's true of any player if they turn out to be shit.  At least with older players you have some sort of history to go by.
6) We might get relegated, it's a very real threat.  We've got loads of youth, so one or two older heads shouldn't stop them developing, and indeed should help.  We risk ruining the good young players we do have by destroying their confidence.\
7) Fair point, but I'd rather buy a couple of more experienced players and stay up, than stick with the current squad and risk going down.  At which point any good young players like Benteke would be off like a shot to  better club.

Agree with all of that Riss. 

N'Zimidy - I can see where you are coming from, but I'm not sure how anyone can look at our current situation and be so adamant that we will not be relegated.  Also, using your logic, do you think Man Utd shouldn't have signed Van Persie earlier this season as it would keep the likes of Welbeck out of the side?   

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
« Reply #143 on: December 28, 2012, 07:00:47 PM »

so true mate , nice paid apartment on the docks , more money etc etc .     .

Lets hope he has invested wisely in Security and or paid off the Scally Net Work

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal