collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The boxing day kick off time....  (Read 8711 times)

Offline mr-villa

Re: The boxing day kick off time....
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2012, 10:47:19 AM »
Once again we get screwed over with the late kick off time meaning travel home is a fucking nightmare for those who don't drive and don't live within a reasonable distance of the ground.

Very few buses, no trains, and no trams for me to try and get back to the in-laws in Wednesbury for the boxing day family gathering. Thanks Sky, I'll either not be able to go to the game, or be forking out a fortune in taxi fares. Still, who cares about those that go to the game eh?

Good luck people...

Good point well made, I travel from Sheffield so am missing this game because of the kick off time being messed about with, the stupid kick off time arses up Boxing day entirely for me.  I have sold my season tickets successfully on Viagogo so not out of pocket and saving £20 on travel.  I think its getting to the point where we should seriously consider cancelling Boxing Day football.

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2012, 10:57:01 AM »
I don't get why Arsenal v West Ham is called off due to a tube strike whilst our KO is deliberately moved to the time when all the transport grinds to a halt! Spurs fans must be even more pissed off than us!

Offline Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2012, 10:59:55 AM »
I don't get why Arsenal v West Ham is called off due to a tube strike whilst our KO is deliberately moved to the time when all the transport grinds to a halt! Spurs fans must be even more pissed off than us!

Arsenal's concern revolves around staff getting to the ground. The majority of them travel to work via the underground and as the ground is like a huge restaurant with a match going on in the garden, I'm sure there are plenty of waiting staff.

The parking options are better at Villa Park and other games at less "corporate" grounds in the capital, such as QPR, are going ahead as normal.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 11:01:31 AM by Nev »

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2012, 11:26:19 AM »
I hate these new fangled Boxing Day fixtures. When did they decide to bring these in?

Offline PaulMcGrathsNo5Shirt

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2012, 01:05:58 PM »
I've made the decision to not go to the game, getting back to Wednesbury when the game doesn't finish until almost 7:30 means it'll take too long, and i'll be in the bad books of the inlaws and the Mrs. A 3pm kick off would have been fine.

Fuck you sky, I hate modern football.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2012, 01:15:47 PM »
As absolutely shite as our KO time is, Stoke are kicking off at 19.45 for the second boxing day in a row....fucking ludicrous.

Offline bertlambshank

• GM : 30.06.2019
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2012, 01:16:09 PM »
Bring back  Christmas Day football I say.

Offline andyaston

« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2012, 01:37:12 PM »
I wonder if Dave could put a petition together to hand to the club. It is beyond a joke now, how our Boxing Day fixtures are always at 5.30 pm with the travelling infastructure in place for this very day.

It seems every year that 8 fixtures kick off at 3pm but we (maybe because we play Arsenal, Everton, Liverpool or Spurs) seem to have the 5.30 slot without fail. Villa fans really are getting the shit end of the stick for home fixture this season being moved.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2012, 02:08:52 PM »
I wonder if Dave could put a petition together to hand to the club. It is beyond a joke now, how our Boxing Day fixtures are always at 5.30 pm with the travelling infastructure in place for this very day.

It seems every year that 8 fixtures kick off at 3pm but we (maybe because we play Arsenal, Everton, Liverpool or Spurs) seem to have the 5.30 slot without fail. Villa fans really are getting the shit end of the stick for home fixture this season being moved.

Sadly will never change while there's extra cash for tv games.

Online Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2012, 02:40:19 PM »
Solihull bus is going to be rammed apparently, hope we can get a space. Fucking daft kick off time and shit public transport. Fucks sake!

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2012, 02:49:30 PM »
I love the way car drivers lives are made hard work for the rest of the season, yet on a day like today without cars they'd have a handfull of fans turn up. Nice double standards.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2012, 03:11:46 PM »
Solihull bus is going to be rammed apparently
Isn't that dangerous!
Seriously if any Villa fan in and around Birmingham struggling to get to the match let me know in the next 30 mins and I will pick you and .....drop you  if we win. If we lose good luck!

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2012, 08:57:15 PM »
After the match we were trying to explain to a Scandinavian (I think) that there might not be any buses into the city centre and there were definitely no trains. Going into the second city's centre. At 8pm. After a football match with an attendance of over 36,000. Our looks of embarrassment were only exceeded by his of bemusement.

Offline eastie

« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2012, 09:26:13 PM »
How come wm travel are not running buses today in Birmingham, wm travel are running buses in coventry as I live on a bus route and have seen loads pass today?

Offline andyaston

« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2012, 09:28:27 PM »
How come wm travel are not running buses today in Birmingham, wm travel are running buses in coventry as I live on a bus route and have seen loads pass today?
They are but not after 8pm.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal