collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Lille vs Aston Villa match thread by Chris_Jephcott
[Today at 08:34:33 PM]

Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[Today at 08:24:04 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Jane
[Today at 08:08:23 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Are you a proud Villa fan today?  (Read 33513 times)

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
Re: Are you a proud Villa fan today?
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2012, 02:59:03 PM »
It is stupid question really because it is not like there is a choice.

And the fact that Villa have under-achieving for a hundred years now, is something you just have to get used to.

Read the history and it is all bad news from the end of WW1 and nothing has changed.

The same repeated mistakes and always one step behind every innovation in the game.

There have been some moments to take pride in but it is hard to take much pride in a club which has been so badly run for so long.

Whether it is 1967, 1987 or 2013, it's very much a case of: same shit, different year.

And always the sentimental appeals to pride and loyalty, while the guilty men take the piss.

Troll alert. Do not feed.

There is no need for that Dave.

There is nothing factually to dispute about that opinion and so I did not expect a response.

Online Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2012, 02:59:04 PM »
It was a lame line and I'm not proud of swearing at a stranger in front of my son (football brings out my inner hooligan) but I'm as proud to be a Villa fan today as I ever have been.

I'm not sure I can really muster the same feeling. Being a Villa fan is what I am, it's been handed down to me through generations - like a disability ;)

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2012, 03:01:01 PM »
there can be no other fans on the planet (of a certain age) that have seen there team play in the 3rd tier of English football, got dicked 8 nill in the top tier and also won the european Cup and League Championship

Loads of Villa fans can't say that though. All we have is the humiliating batterings.

and your youth

That's slipping away! Villa are bloody ageing me even quicker as well.

its not been easy of late for sure

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2012, 03:01:53 PM »
It is stupid question really because it is not like there is a choice.

And the fact that Villa have under-achieving for a hundred years now, is something you just have to get used to.

Read the history and it is all bad news from the end of WW1 and nothing has changed.

The same repeated mistakes and always one step behind every innovation in the game.

There have been some moments to take pride in but it is hard to take much pride in a club which has been so badly run for so long.

Whether it is 1967, 1987 or 2013, it's very much a case of: same shit, different year.

And always the sentimental appeals to pride and loyalty, while the guilty men take the piss.

Troll alert. Do not feed.

There is no need for that Dave.

There is nothing factually to dispute about that opinion and so I did not expect a response.

Where do you get off saying it's been all 'bad news since WW1'

You bloody loon.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2012, 03:04:04 PM »
I still have pride.
I don't mind other Villa fans being gloomy and telling me it's shit, they've paid their dues and like Bobby Brown, it's their perogative.
What I won't tolerate is non-Villa people taking the piss, if they dare to have a go at the club, they get a round of fucks as a bare minimum.

Offline Villadroid

« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2012, 03:09:44 PM »
Bollox . If people want to take the piss then let 'em. My level of pride (I am not even sure pride is quite the right term) has very little to with whether we win or not.
Anyway I'm off to find a Charlton fans forum, being pre internet we never properly took the piss out of them for losing 11-1 to us.

That is more like it.

Now that is a proper grown-up response.

I don't seem to remember the fans needing a group-hug every time the Villa lost in the Third Division.

But these days everyone has to re-take their wedding vows every fortnight, and the same seems to apply to football.

Online Stu

« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2012, 03:17:20 PM »
Bollox . If people want to take the piss then let 'em. My level of pride (I am not even sure pride is quite the right term) has very little to with whether we win or not.
Anyway I'm off to find a Charlton fans forum, being pre internet we never properly took the piss out of them for losing 11-1 to us.

That is more like it.

Now that is a proper grown-up response.

I don't seem to remember the fans needing a group-hug every time the Villa lost in the Third Division.

But these days everyone has to re-take their wedding vows every fortnight, and the same seems to apply to football.

I wonder what would have been said if the 'net was around in 1968.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2012, 03:32:41 PM »
I've had shit this morning off people who know nothing about football or have ever spoken to me about it before.

Always proud of my club, whatever the result, whatever division they may be in.

Offline richard moore

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2012, 03:36:58 PM »
Any one of us is worth a 1,000 of their chavvy, glory hunting, johnny come lately, classless tossers

And the ones I know realise that deep down too

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2012, 03:43:26 PM »
being proud of who we are will keep us together as Paul Lambert rebuilds us. I think he said exactly the right things yesterday and we'll see the response on Boxing Day. We all knew that the sea was going to be choppy, but nobody saw that wave coming. That said, our ship ain't sunk and if we stick together we'll get through this. Record defeat or not we've had way darker days as a club. And fuck the johnny come lately lottery winners too. Takes a lot more than 10 years to have a proper history, and our contribution to the game stands tall with the best of them. We'll take this on the chin and we'll keep coming.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2012, 03:46:07 PM »
What was really ironic yesterday was the complete change in attitude of the Chelsea fans from their last home game. Then, it was Rafa out, One Di Matteo, the 16th minute applause etc. Yesterday on the TV, you could see a few fans stood up and started applauding Di Matteo, but most looked around bemused as if to say "eh, what? Oh yeah", then sheepishly got up and started clapping. The most fickle fans in the country and wankers to a man. How I would love to shove it back down their throats at Wembley.

Offline claret and blue blood

« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2012, 03:46:37 PM »
Had some serious shit today from people who don't normally come out of the woodwork, I must admit I was a bit aggressive in my response Christmas or not, but I am and always will be proud to be a Villan.
We are like wounded lions at the moment , but we all know how dangerous they can be, anyway what is a group of lions called ? 

Offline flybo

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2012, 03:53:09 PM »
VILLA till i die a love that will last forever UTV VTID

Online Stu

« Reply #43 on: December 24, 2012, 03:53:49 PM »
We're all still Villains and all that, no one is going to stop supporting the club because of yesterday. However, that result wasn't just shit, it was off-the-map shit. A total and utter shameful performance that's tattoo'd itself onto the club's history forever. I thought I'd be a bit more chilled today than I was yesterday, but I'm not, I'm effing livid.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #44 on: December 24, 2012, 03:58:34 PM »
Had some serious shit today from people who don't normally come out of the woodwork, I must admit I was a bit aggressive in my response Christmas or not, but I am and always will be proud to be a Villan.
We are like wounded lions at the moment , but we all know how dangerous they can be, anyway what is a group of lions called ? 

PRIDE - which is really quite appropriate

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal