collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Are you a proud Villa fan today?  (Read 33518 times)

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
Re: Are you a proud Villa fan today?
« Reply #150 on: December 26, 2012, 10:44:41 PM »
Basically more a less he has.

Offline claret and blue blood

« Reply #151 on: December 26, 2012, 11:09:48 PM »
I was incredibly proud of the way that the fans who didn't leave early supported the team to the end today. It was actually pretty uplifting at the end of a shit night and reminded me why I'm here.

Exactly how I felt. I think the fans felt it was important not to simply boo the kids off tonight and destroy fragile confidence. It was a statement that we still buy into what Lambert is trying to do. I don't have a crystal ball, a month or two from now I may be feeling like I did a week ago or we may be staring relegation in the face. What I do know is I feel connected more with my club and fellow fans than I have done in the previous couple of seasons.
I must admit when the goals were going in it was a bit upsetting having them take the piss, summed up by my sister who said she wanted to cry, but the Holte End's class supporting Lambert and the young players was heart warming, as was the guy walking out behind me convinced we will get it right in the face of the defeat.I hope we do get it right and obviously say up, 17th will do this season, liken it to a team winning promotion, or a newly promoted team staying up on the last day of the season if we succeed. Here's hoping come on you Lions !

Online Billy Walker

« Reply #152 on: December 26, 2012, 11:12:49 PM »
Brilliant support, got to keep it up.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #153 on: December 26, 2012, 11:18:30 PM »
I walked out when the 4th went in. I had been toying with leaving early and the atrocious way we conceded the goal broke this camels back.

That's 20 minutes of football I've missed in the past two games ans the first time I have left a home game early since we lost 3-2 to Boro under O'Leary.

Bad times. Good to hear we didn't get booed off.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #154 on: December 26, 2012, 11:26:17 PM »
To be absolutely honest with you I do not think Lambert deserves the magnificent support we on the Holte gave him at the end today.   I think he got it because we trust him to deliver. It would be foolish in the extreme for him to believe he already deserves that level of commitment from the fans.   He has yet to earn it and he has to start immediately.

Online Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #155 on: December 26, 2012, 11:27:25 PM »
Left after the 4th - wanted to make sure I got a seat on the bus. How shit is that?

Offline Brian Taylor

« Reply #156 on: December 26, 2012, 11:53:04 PM »
It is a load of sh*te and PL has to cure his inherited problem!  and soon!

Online Pat McMahon

« Reply #157 on: December 27, 2012, 12:26:04 AM »
The support for most of the game was average - there was little to cheer, other than the first 8-9 minutes of the second half- but the last 10 minutes were excellent and hopefully will help the youngsters to keep going.

I heard not a single comment of criticism aimed at Lambert or Lerner - though a fair few barbs at individual players.

Offline Ego Uhiogu

« Reply #158 on: December 27, 2012, 12:30:48 AM »
Watching the game at my brother's with my whole family laughing at how shit we are was pretty horrible. That's twice in three days that we've made a complete arse of ourselves on the telly.

Online Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #159 on: December 27, 2012, 12:45:13 AM »
The support for most of the game was average - there was little to cheer, other than the first 8-9 minutes of the second half- but the last 10 minutes were excellent and hopefully will help the youngsters to keep going.

I heard not a single comment of criticism aimed at Lambert or Lerner - though a fair few barbs at individual players.

I admit that I half heartedly shouted "Sort it out Lambert" after the third goal was walked into the Villa net.

Offline rbcuk

« Reply #160 on: December 27, 2012, 12:49:31 AM »
We left as soon as the 4th goal went in, by that time we had enough, people next to us went after the 3rd went in...

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #161 on: December 27, 2012, 02:41:58 AM »
I wish sky would stop putting us on .

Offline MarkM

« Reply #162 on: December 27, 2012, 08:41:55 AM »
I wish sky would stop putting us on .

Agreed, it's bad enough we have endure watching us without having the rest of the country exposed to it.

It's not exactly a great way to appeal to new supporters!

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #163 on: December 27, 2012, 08:48:19 AM »
We never seem to win when we're on Sky. granted, we never seem to win anyway, but hey ho...

Offline danlanza

« Reply #164 on: December 27, 2012, 09:00:29 AM »
Another thumping. Well, Wigan is massive and we can get some sort of idea how far in the shite we really are after that game. Good to hear the Holte on form at the end of the game. Should give the young lads a lift. We knew it was going to be tough this season. I am hoping we can get some confidence back very soon, i am sure we will against Wigan. A very worried but still proud Villa fan today.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal