collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by ChicagoLion
[Today at 03:37:40 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by chrisw1
[Today at 03:32:08 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Hookeysmith
[Today at 03:08:36 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Hookeysmith
[Today at 03:04:08 PM]

NSWE Investment by The Edge
[Today at 02:33:46 PM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by chrisw1
[Today at 02:25:44 PM]

Diego Carlos by Demitri_C
[Today at 02:25:16 PM]

Pre-season 2024/25 by Somniloquism
[Today at 01:40:42 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Are you a proud Villa fan today?  (Read 33559 times)

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Re: Are you a proud Villa fan today?
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2012, 02:28:09 PM »
It is stupid question really because it is not like there is a choice.

And the fact that Villa have under-achieving for a hundred years now, is something you just have to get used to.

Read the history and it is all bad news from the end of WW1 and nothing has changed.

The same repeated mistakes and always one step behind every innovation in the game.

There have been some moments to take pride in but it is hard to take much pride in a club which has been so badly run for so long.

Whether it is 1967, 1987 or 2013, it's very much a case of: same shit, different year.

And always the sentimental appeals to pride and loyalty, while the guilty men take the piss.

Troll alert. Do not feed.

Offline Lambert and Payne

• GM : Sep, 2012
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2012, 02:30:41 PM »
In defeat, defiance.

Exactly, my friends seem to hate my resolve. There United "fans", they wouldn't know what a true fan was if it wasn't for me

Offline Karlos96

« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2012, 02:30:45 PM »
I posted this on the post match thread but it is more relevant here:-

One thing that did make me smile yesterday I had to go up town after the game was walking through the city centre and saw two guys walking towards us, they were nicely drunk and singing Villa songs as loud as they could they stopped to sing outside the Villa shop as well, makes you proud to be a Villa fan and why we have the best fans in the world.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2012, 02:36:21 PM »
Always proud to be a Villa fan. The result doesn't matter, we can take pride in our club. It was a good contrast actually, the Chelsea fans are a pathetic bunch as highlighted by their 16th minute applause. Whether they win the league or not, they're still an embarrassing club.

Offline Billy Walker

« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2012, 02:36:53 PM »

Even during the darkest times of being a Villa fan nobody can take this away and we bloody earned that trophy we didnt buy it like yesterdays opponents!

(sorry for double post)

Exactly.  One billion quid is what it cost Abramovitch to turn a club the size of Crystal Palace into one that can lift that trophy and beat Aston Villa. 

Even as totally ridiculous as modern football now is I am very sure Villa will be back on top where we belong.  The club has had many setbacks over the years and our strength is that we always overcome them - and we always overcome them the right way, too.  There's plenty more paragraphs, chapters and volumes to be written in Villa's story.

EDIT- And, by the way, in the grand scheme of things, yesterday's result would barely be a sentence in a paragraph of said story.  Turn the page and move on.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 02:42:01 PM by Billy Walker »

Offline SashasGrandad

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2012, 02:41:33 PM »
Always proud.

We didn't need extra time and penalties when we beat Bayern!

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2012, 02:48:56 PM »
went to my church's carol service last night, knew i was going to get some stick, so wore my claret and blue scarf
 a Hammers fan who in fairness is a good mate said to me 'ive never seen West Ham lose 8 nill'
 i said 'no you've never seen them win the european cup either have you mate'
i was quite proud of that retort

there can be no other fans on the planet (of a certain age) that have seen there team play in the 3rd tier of English football, got dicked 8 nill in the top tier and also won the european Cup and League Championship

Offline Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2012, 02:52:01 PM »
there can be no other fans on the planet (of a certain age) that have seen there team play in the 3rd tier of English football, got dicked 8 nill in the top tier and also won the european Cup and League Championship

Loads of Villa fans can't say that though. All we have is the humiliating batterings.

Offline Villadroid

« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2012, 02:53:35 PM »
It is stupid question really because it is not like there is a choice.

And the fact that Villa have under-achieving for a hundred years now, is something you just have to get used to.

Read the history and it is all bad news from the end of WW1 and nothing has changed.

The same repeated mistakes and always one step behind every innovation in the game.

There have been some moments to take pride in but it is hard to take much pride in a club which has been so badly run for so long.

Whether it is 1967, 1987 or 2013, it's very much a case of: same shit, different year.

And always the sentimental appeals to pride and loyalty, while the guilty men take the piss.

Troll alert. Do not feed.

There is no need for that Dave.

There is nothing factually to dispute about that opinion and so I did not expect a response.

Online German James

• The Limpets
  • GM : 13.02.2025
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2012, 02:53:53 PM »
Of course!

It'll take a lot more than a defeat against the bastard sons of fucking Gazprom and TOWIE to shake my faith! UTV!

Offline Stu

« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2012, 02:55:07 PM »
The ignore function really needs to be enabled on this site.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2012, 02:55:11 PM »

Loads of Villa fans can't say that though. All we have is the humiliating batterings.

and your youth

Offline chrisf

« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2012, 02:56:12 PM »
In defeat, defiance.
This.

I watched the game in a local pub with my lad here in Cambs. There's always a bit of good natured banter with the Cambridge Reds but as the goals started to wrack up and the locals started laughing at us I got mad. I'm normally a very mild mannered chap but when one of them said they 'wouldn't want to be Villa watching this' I lost it and informed him in no uncertain terms that he would 'f**king LOVE to be Villa cos then he'd have a life'.

It was a lame line and I'm not proud of swearing at a stranger in front of my son (football brings out my inner hooligan) but I'm as proud to be a Villa fan today as I ever have been.

Offline Stu

« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2012, 02:56:42 PM »

and your youth

That's slipping away! Villa are bloody ageing me even quicker as well.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2012, 02:57:15 PM »
Bollox . If people want to take the piss then let 'em. My level of pride (I am not even sure pride is quite the right term) has very little to with whether we win or not.
Anyway I'm off to find a Charlton fans forum, being pre internet we never properly took the piss out of them for losing 11-1 to us.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal