collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by Demitri_C
[Today at 10:05:40 PM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 10:01:47 PM]

Diego Carlos by KevinGage
[Today at 09:42:35 PM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Somniloquism
[Today at 09:40:37 PM]

Season Tickets - 2023/24 by Gareth
[Today at 09:40:00 PM]

Ollie Watkins by Drummond
[Today at 09:20:21 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by algy
[Today at 09:18:36 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by AV84
[Today at 09:01:25 PM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Are you a proud Villa fan today?  (Read 33560 times)

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Are you a proud Villa fan today?
« on: December 24, 2012, 01:24:34 PM »
Are you proud to be a Villa fan today?

There has been a lot written on here, lots of ridicule in the press and more to come until the Tottenham game will cause us to move on from yesterdays heavy loss.

Well I can tell you I'm massively proud to be a Villa fan. I was in a supermarket yesterday afternoon near my house. Now I'll grant you living miles away from Birmingham means I likely won't have a sniggering toothless and fingerless nose laughing at me. But I was at the checkout and had Villa hooded top on. A bloke with a Scottish accent standing in line behind me said,"You're a bit brave wearing that today aren't you?" My answer was very simple, "If you can't wear your colours when you lose then when do you wear them?". When I said that the bloke said "you're right". The cross he had to bear was being a Ross County fan so knows all about being on the other end of a result.

Very simply, I will die a Villa fan whether we lose every game from here on in or win everything else in sight. This is my club and no defeat, however painful will ever change that.

Yesterday was shit beyond words but I know we will recover. And I'm really looking forward to watching us do it and proving everyone wrong.

UP THE VILLA
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 01:29:38 PM by ToLambo Villa »

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
Re: Are you a proud Villa fan today?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2012, 01:25:40 PM »
Always.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2012, 01:31:21 PM »
Always have been, always will be.

Aston Villa, Aston Villa, we'll support you evermore. VTID

Offline PGW

• Villan, Bear and now Cancer Warrior
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2012, 01:33:37 PM »
I watched the game in my club(Northfield Town F.C) and i must confess to sinking further and further in my chair as the goals flew in. There were probably only about 4 or 5 Villa fans present the vast majority of others being noses or baggies with other oddities thrown into the mix. Due to my pride or whatever you want to call it i make it clear to all in there where my loyalties lie and throughout the afternoon and post match good natured comments flew around with gay abandon, but then at 8 o'clock the whole room of 'bastards' stood up and gave a minutes applause. A few expletives were emitted from my mouth.....but all good natured. Bastards!!!!!

Offline richardhubbard

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2012, 01:48:00 PM »
Always you dont opt in or out based on one result, if that was the case last season villa park would have been empty....

Offline Lambert and Payne

• GM : Sep, 2012
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2012, 01:48:33 PM »
I was embarrassed by the result, but embarrassed to be a Villan? Never in my life
I got my claret and blue colours on today and there being shown off more than the win against Liverpool last week
UTV, VTID

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2012, 01:51:26 PM »
Days like yesterday only strengthen my resolve, the fact that the Albion fans are now acting like 'noses only serves to embarrass them rather than us.

Offline danlanza

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2012, 01:52:06 PM »
I had similar from Chelski and West Ham fans yesterday. Always wear my colours, every time we play. Any other fan is welcome to take the piss if they want, they will do it only once and if they keep on having a go words are exchanged. If they keep on going, my Villa instinct comes to the fore and i just cannot help myself giving the piss taking arseholes a fooking good shouting down. Albion and the Noses can go suck my .... for all i care. And as for the Chelski, tedious twats, well, i really dont want to waste time talking about them. UTV.

Offline Chris Stares

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2012, 01:54:55 PM »
I posted this on Facebook yesterday when responding to the inevitable piss-taking that ensued from my "friends" some of whom are staunch (and some not so staunch - i.e. gloryhunting) Chelsea fans in NZ:

Villa till I die. Premier League, Championship or Conference. Win, draw or 8-0 loss. Nobody can accuse us of being gloryhunters. That is all.

Offline MonsXI

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2012, 01:55:30 PM »
Obviously!

I'd be a proud Villa fan if we got relegated to the conference, yes yesterday hurt and the mocking and taunting stings but it was one game yes one nightmare-ish game but at the end of the day I fuckin love Aston Villa and I love the fact my 12yr old son born and bred in Coventry feels exactly the same!

Most important thing us fans can do us get behind that young team at tea time on Boxing day and cheer them onto victory!

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2012, 01:59:50 PM »
In defeat, defiance.

Offline MonsXI

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2012, 02:00:43 PM »

Even during the darkest times of being a Villa fan nobody can take this away and we bloody earned that trophy we didnt buy it like yesterdays opponents!

(sorry for double post)

Offline bertlambshank

• GM : 30.06.2019
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2012, 02:02:12 PM »
I love my kids but when they come home with a shit school report how can I proud of that.

Online TopDeck113

• GM : 27.07.2023
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2012, 02:03:12 PM »
I'd rather be a Villa fan on the morning after our record defeat than a fan of any other club at the moment of their greatest triumphs.

Offline Villadroid

« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2012, 02:04:17 PM »
It is stupid question really because it is not like there is a choice.

And the fact that Villa have under-achieving for a hundred years now, is something you just have to get used to.

Read the history and it is all bad news from the end of WW1 and nothing has changed.

The same repeated mistakes and always one step behind every innovation in the game.

There have been some moments to take pride in but it is hard to take much pride in a club which has been so badly run for so long.

Whether it is 1967, 1987 or 2013, it's very much a case of: same shit, different year.

And always the sentimental appeals to pride and loyalty, while the guilty men take the piss.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal