collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Christmas Press-ents  (Read 8808 times)

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Re: Christmas Press-ents
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2012, 01:35:46 PM »
It is a measure of the hurt and humiliation produced by that result, that Woodhall's piece is rather incoherent, as he grasps at various straws of consolation, finds each one inadequate and moves on to try another, which proves equally insubstantial.

Obviously it is Dave's duty to offer words of consolation to the fans but he proves that sometimes, it just ain't possible.

Nice to see you back after your break. I'm sorry that the quality of my writing isn't to your satisfaction; perhaps you should return to where you were last week.

It seemed a bit perfunctory bearing in mind you are a published author who future generations might depend on to encapsulate the meaning and historical implications of such a result.

But if you think it represents your best work, please accept my apologies for thinking you capable of something better.

Sometimes you have to wonder what will come out when the wood creaks. No matter how educated you are trying to come across it doesn't change the fact that you have emerged with the intent on wallowing in our loss. Dave has tried to offer a balanced assessment as much as is possible a day after a record defeat yet there will always be those that will concentrate as hard as possible on staying negative. Moving on is the best tonic and a game so soon will be the perfect antidote. I don't see any need to pile on because there are plenty of others doing that for us.

Offline German James

• The Limpets
  • GM : 13.02.2025
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2012, 02:13:54 PM »
It is a measure of the hurt and humiliation produced by that result, that Woodhall's piece is rather incoherent, as he grasps at various straws of consolation, finds each one inadequate and moves on to try another, which proves equally insubstantial.

Obviously it is Dave's duty to offer words of consolation to the fans but he proves that sometimes, it just ain't possible.

It seemed a bit perfunctory bearing in mind you are a published author who future generations might depend on to encapsulate the meaning and historical implications of such a result.

But if you think it represents your best work, please accept my apologies for thinking you capable of something better.

You are the poorest "troll" I have ever encountered! And by the way, it should be: "... you are a published author on whom future generations might depend..."

Offline andyaston

« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2012, 02:17:15 PM »
Ignore the idiot, at least Dave had the guts to put a balanced article out after Sunday's disaster.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2012, 03:17:47 PM »
The "perfect storm" theory in the third para is about right I think.

Offline claret and blue blood

« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2012, 03:24:57 PM »
For Villa droid  read Emma...............................droid

Offline Villadroid

« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2012, 03:25:41 PM »
Ignore the idiot, at least Dave had the guts to put a balanced article out after Sunday's disaster.

Sorry, if I had known that praising Dave was compulsory, I would have obliged.

But what I can't understand, is how come, that from the moment I made my first post on H&V, people were queuing up to criticise my writing style.

Yet when I make a mild comment about Dave's piece, he not only goes all Diva on me, his mates all tell me he is beyond reproach.

It looks like a double standard to me.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2012, 03:33:20 PM »
I disagree with the implication that yesterday's drubbing was somehow inevitable and unavoidable.  What it demonstrated is that the gap between our worst and Chelsea's best is huge.  That Chelsea can be excellent comes as no surprise but I have to admit I was alarmed at just how bad we were.

As others said on the post-match thread, accepting that a young team will fluctuate in performance is one thing but losing 8-0 to anyone is, or should be, inexcusable.  And that includes the frankly ludicrous "You can blame the referee" line.

Offline Villadroid

« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2012, 03:36:42 PM »

You are the poorest "troll" I have ever encountered! And by the way, it should be: "... you are a published author on whom future generations might depend..."

Nice piece of counter-trolling.

Open with the classic snooty drama queen put-down, add a bit of snooty pedantry, before flouncing off with the rattle of your high-heels shown in ellipsis.

But I do no resent your right to correct my grammar because anyone who has had to learn German grammar, has earned the right, as far as I'm concerned.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2012, 04:13:27 PM »

But what I can't understand, is how come, that from the moment I made my first post on H&V, people were queuing up to criticise my writing style.

Yet when I make a mild comment about Dave's piece, he not only goes all Diva on me, his mates all tell me he is beyond reproach.

I pay them.

Offline Villadroid

« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2012, 04:15:32 PM »

I pay them.

It's worse than that.

They pay you!

Offline eastie

« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2012, 04:21:16 PM »

Believe me in not criticising you droid, you use unusual words that aren't used on here which I find amusing but I respect your right to post your opinions and wish you a merry Christmas , don't take things to heart pal!

Offline eastie

« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2012, 04:23:02 PM »
I disagree with the implication that yesterday's drubbing was somehow inevitable and unavoidable.  What it demonstrated is that the gap between our worst and Chelsea's best is huge.  That Chelsea can be excellent comes as no surprise but I have to admit I was alarmed at just how bad we were.

As others said on the post-match thread, accepting that a young team will fluctuate in performance is one thing but losing 8-0 to anyone is, or should be, inexcusable.  And that includes the frankly ludicrous "You can blame the referee" line.

What we lacked yesterday besides experience was leadership- Clark as captain is not the answer .

Offline Villadroid

« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2012, 04:41:10 PM »

Believe me in not criticising you droid, you use unusual words that aren't used on here which I find amusing but I respect your right to post your opinions and wish you a merry Christmas , don't take things to heart pal!

Seasonal greetings to you too.

Have no fear, I don't take these things to heart.

I have long understood that people tend to prefer me to express my opinions in words of less than one syllable.  ;)

Offline eastie

« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2012, 04:42:49 PM »

Seasonal greetings to you too.

Have no fear, I don't take these things to heart.

I have long understood that people tend to prefer me to express my opinions in words of less than one syllable.  ;)

Good man .
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 05:31:15 PM by eastie »

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2012, 05:31:54 PM »
Everyone knew there would be setbacks. Everyone knows this team is far from the finished article. What is important, and what will be remembered, is how they respond.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 05:34:54 PM by not3bad »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal