collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Lovely Mark Lawrenson  (Read 13350 times)

Offline tomd2103

Re: The Lovely Mark Lawrenson
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2012, 02:10:03 AM »
I used to like MOTD when it was Lynam, Hansen and Brooking.

I think it helped that we were quite good too as I recall.

"Life of Riley" by the Lightning Seeds as the tune for Goal of the Month as well.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2012, 02:20:06 AM »
You guys really pay far too much attention to the BBC talking heads. They really dont matter. Outside of Garth Crooks they are not very interesting. I prefer the Guardian or even Sky's for interesting opinions.

Offline Taylor

« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2012, 07:02:26 AM »
The man's an arse. Every Friday he looks at the fixtures. If one of the "big four" is playing someone else he makes it two nil, or if they play each other it's one all. Job done.

Offline PaulMcGrathsNo5Shirt

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2012, 07:43:22 AM »
Lawrenson is a typical BBC football pundit. Played for one of the top 4, Doesn't really say anything controversial and gives a safe opinion. There is no real detail in his lazy arse analysis. I don't think he hates us, I just think he isn't bothered about us because we're not Liverpool, Arsenull, Spurzz, Chelsea, or the Manc clubs.

I prefer MOTD recorded when I can skip the inane drivel spouted by him Hansen and the ever dull Shearer

Offline Holte End Stylist

• GM : 02.04.2023
« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2012, 09:49:32 AM »
I think Lawro does have it in for the Villa. I remember watching football focus a few years back(Gregory was manager)when we had been top for a few weeks when asked can Villa win the league his reply was 'I hope not' .......

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2012, 11:08:36 AM »
You guys really pay far too much attention to the BBC talking heads. They really dont matter. Outside of Garth Crooks they are not very interesting. I prefer the Guardian or even Sky's for interesting opinions.

What ?
How is Garth Crooks interesting ?
Or are you saying the other pundits are interesting but only when they are inside Garth Crooks ?

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2012, 11:18:59 AM »
I think Lawro does have it in for the Villa. I remember watching football focus a few years back(Gregory was manager)when we had been top for a few weeks when asked can Villa win the league his reply was 'I hope not' .......

That might have been because that side was ultra dull!

Offline E I Adio

• GM : 09.10.2020
« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2012, 11:21:18 AM »

What ?
Or are you saying the other pundits are interesting but only when they are inside Garth Crooks ?

I presumed he meant "interesting" in a "That's interesting, is he the bastard son of Stanley Unwin?" kind of way.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2012, 12:19:09 PM »
I don't normally watch MOTD but do see World Football Focus on BBC World. Often the programme is recorded outside the BBC Manchester HQ with Lawrenson so uninterested, it's beyond belief. I get the feeling he has little interest in football as it keeps him away from his golf, his only reason he bothers is to pick up his huge salary.

The same could be said for Robbie Cabbage. Neither offer anything constructive.

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #54 on: December 22, 2012, 12:50:29 PM »
Lawro - the grand pantomime dame. Widow Twanker. You can kind of understand why he's there, being an ex-player, strong Liverpool links, etc. I don't like it, but I can understand it. What I really don't understand, or like, is Colin Murray. Why is he on everything? Why?

On 5Live, the man's about as welcome in my ears as a lion's dick. I simply won't watch MOTD2. They've also got him on the darts. This is fucking sacrilege in my book. Like laying a fresh turd on the enigmatic upper lip of the Mona Lisa. Like splicing a clip from Big Mama's House 2 at a particularly poignant juncture in Akira Kurosawa's Seven Samurai. I was secretly willing the Maya to be accurate in their predictions yesterday, as at least the universe would no longer contain this utter goat's pizzle of a man.   

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #55 on: December 22, 2012, 05:30:46 PM »
Lawro - the grand pantomime dame. Widow Twanker. You can kind of understand why he's there, being an ex-player, strong Liverpool links, etc. I don't like it, but I can understand it. What I really don't understand, or like, is Colin Murray. Why is he on everything? Why?

On 5Live, the man's about as welcome in my ears as a lion's dick. I simply won't watch MOTD2. They've also got him on the darts. This is fucking sacrilege in my book. Like laying a fresh turd on the enigmatic upper lip of the Mona Lisa. Like splicing a clip from Big Mama's House 2 at a particularly poignant juncture in Akira Kurosawa's Seven Samurai. I was secretly willing the Maya to be accurate in their predictions yesterday, as at least the universe would no longer contain this utter goat's pizzle of a man.   

Agree wholeheartedly on the Colin Murray front.  Sychopantacular he is. 

Online Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #56 on: December 22, 2012, 05:36:42 PM »
Record MOTD, then FF through the drivel between matches.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #57 on: December 22, 2012, 07:03:57 PM »
I was surprised to read recently how much some of the MOTD presenters are paid.  Isn't Hansen on something like £40,000 - £50,000 pw?

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #58 on: December 22, 2012, 08:39:17 PM »

What ?

Thats right.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #59 on: December 22, 2012, 09:41:22 PM »
I was surprised to read recently how much some of the MOTD presenters are paid.  Isn't Hansen on something like £40,000 - £50,000 pw?

Eh?

Nowhere near that.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal