collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by LeeB
[Today at 04:18:12 PM]

Re: Who should create the Atmosphere? by artvandelay
[Today at 04:15:49 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by coreyfeldman
[Today at 04:15:46 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 04:15:23 PM]

Re: Morgan Rogers - Signed by LeeB
[Today at 04:14:53 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by LeeB
[Today at 04:13:25 PM]

Re: New Shirt Sponsor by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 04:12:36 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Astnor
[Today at 04:12:17 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Sitting with the Others  (Read 9306 times)

Offline Mouse Potato

Re: Sitting with the Others
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2012, 11:54:37 AM »
I was stood on the Kop at St Andrews in 1987 when Garry Thompson scored 2 to beat Blues. I didn't really celebrate either goal that much...just dug my fingernails into the palms of my hands!

I enjoyed it in the same way you'd enjoy being held hostage by Al Qaeda.

1993.... on the way to winning the trophy, I went with some nose friends to the League cup game, when Bosnich came on and saved the penalty.  The hatred and bile towards the Villa fans was actually quite frightening!  Highlight was when the nose in front of me turned round after Cowans had just sprayed a fantastic 50 yard cross field ball and said "F**k me, I wish we had him".

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2012, 01:40:15 PM »
I was stood on the Kop at St Andrews in 1987 when Garry Thompson scored 2 to beat Blues. I didn't really celebrate either goal that much...just dug my fingernails into the palms of my hands!

I enjoyed it in the same way you'd enjoy being held hostage by Al Qaeda.

I stood on the Kop that day too with some work mates who were bluse fans.  When Thompson's winner hit the net I jumped up and shouted "You Villa bastard" in a sort of respectfull well done sort of way.  I got away with it.

Offline fredm

• GM : 02.09.2024
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2012, 03:27:35 PM »
Sat with a work mate Leeds supporter in the kop at Elland Road.  It was a night match and can't remember if it was a league or cup match but Ian Taylor scored the winner right in front of us.  All the kop jumped up, fists clenched giving him a torrent of abuse.  I leapt up, fist clenched with a big smile on my face!

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2012, 09:56:15 PM »
Did it at Wolves a couple of times and on the Spion Kop at Small Heath once but didn't last long (they can smell the soap y'know) and legged it into the Railway.

Would not do it now as it would ruin the things I love about watching the Villa - shouting abuse, singing and giving others the benefit of my football wisdom ;-)

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2012, 10:13:56 PM »
Went in the (Small Heath) Kop at Joe Gallagher's testimonial.

It wasn't sitting though. I was standing up for a bit, then sort of lying down.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 10:19:09 PM by Percy McCarthy »

Online Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2012, 10:46:46 PM »
Unbeaten in the home end :-)

Watford away when Delaney scored the winner.

Anfield, 10th anniversary of Hillsborough game, on the kop, Tayls 1-0.

And the best one, Spurs, the 4-2 win, 2-0 down then 4 great goals and walking out having a deep and meaningful with a random about Spurs defence and the conv ending with him saying next week...think not mate :-)

Offline Kingthing

« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2012, 11:27:45 PM »
Chelsea - lost 2-0 under O'neil, went with Chelsea mates in the family enclosure, most of the kids spent the match playing on giant play stations on the concourse.

Blackburn when they only gave us 500 seats and we were challenging for the League, we lost I think, I remember being against the fence shouting encouragement to Boznich.

Liverpool under big Ron, forget the score maybe 1-2 but we won for the first time in about 20 years, there were about 15 of us in the upper Centenary Stand and we went bonkers, when the game ended and the ground cleared there were pockets of Villa fans celebrating in the home Anfield road section and in our stand.

Offline littlevillain

« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2012, 08:04:06 PM »
I would expect there to be quite a few villa amongst the bradford fans in every stand in the semi final due to our small allocation.

Offline Kingthing

« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2012, 08:17:46 PM »
I would expect there to be quite a few villa amongst the bradford fans in every stand in the semi final due to our small allocation.

4,300 is not bad, the ground only holds 24,000

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2012, 10:01:53 PM »
Depends what restrictions they have on selling. Going to be harder for Villa fans to get them if it requires booking history with Bradford etc.

Offline gervilla

« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2012, 10:33:59 PM »
I sat with them for the 1-0 win at "The Bridge" when Joachim scored the winner around '98.
Left the ground, on the train, off the train walked for a bit then let it all out.
I lived to tell the tale.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2012, 11:17:32 PM »
Wasn't 87 at the Sty the year we spilled over into the Tilton?

Offline villan from luton

« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2012, 11:40:51 PM »
Was in the sty end in 75/6 and thoroughly enjoying it as we were beating them 2-1 with about 7 minutes left, listening to the numbskulls moaning about how shite there team were. We lost 3-2 and then they were potential european cup winners :(

Was in the baggies end early in the 80's and we were all over them for about 60 odd mins of games. They had perhaps their first attack of the game and some tosser (think it was Nicky Cross) scored and my mates instantly turned to me, but not close enough as a pigeon shat on my head while I was cussing.

1994 cup final, didnt have a ticket and went round touts and none for Villa end, loads for the manc end as they couldnt be arsed as they were on for their treble. Anyway had a few beers and went looking on my own and got a tout who had a Villa ticket for £140. I paid it and happily went back to the pub, only to be told by my late bro and mates that the ticket was for the manc end. I was half cut with that green, black and red away shirt on. Nabbed a jacket from mate and said I would be fine. 5pm kick off and got in at about half 4. Had the last but one seat to exit and thought I was fine. Kick off time approached and this huge manc come and took the end seat. All through game he was getting on my 36g's, but then we got a pen with a minute left and 2-1 up. Deano stood up and so did I and moved to exit which was very nearby. We scored (obviously), I shouted fatty manc as he was close by, he turned round and I exposed my shite away top and said feck off you lardy arse. Great day

Online lovejoy

« Reply #43 on: December 24, 2012, 11:20:41 AM »
Well that was no fun at all. The locals didn't have a clue what was going on and most had left by the end. I was there though.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #44 on: December 24, 2012, 11:42:18 AM »
Was in the sty end in 75/6 and thoroughly enjoying it as we were beating them 2-1 with about 7 minutes left, listening to the numbskulls moaning about how shite there team were. We lost 3-2 and then they were potential european cup winners

Me and my Dad were also in there that day. I think loads of Villa were such were the queues to get in the Villa end. It really is and always has been, an absolute shithole of a ground.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 11:43:55 AM by Rudy Lambert »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal